New Houses

Ed Faith

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/435708-the-new-linden-homes-update-post/

if you follow that post it is supose to let us now when. we are many waiting and trying be patient lol

I been wandering around and looking at the neighboorhods while waiting, and tried to plan how to use my 351 prims hehe.

Edited by Quiet Mirabella
  • Like 1

very annoyed, to say the least you would have thought they would have taken into account, that they should have made enough to go around to all premium members,

i dident even know about new homes untill i found out tonight, no messages in chat to let us know no nothing, now we have to wait for more , hope it dont take as long as bakes on mesh lol

6 minutes ago, binder59 said:

very annoyed, to say the least you would have thought they would have taken into account, that they should have made enough to go around to all premium members,

i dident even know about new homes untill i found out tonight, no messages in chat to let us know no nothing, now we have to wait for more , hope it dont take as long as bakes on mesh lol

I don't think the Lindens realized how high the demand would be! Interest in Linden Housing has been... slim, to say the least, in years past. I think they are just as blown away by this new development as we are!

And to be fair, word did go out, if you were paying attention. These houses were announced months ago, were put on display at the Home & Garden Expo, and a blog post AND video by Torley were put out when they opened up. I'd say that's a fair bit of communication!

Don't be too discouraged! I also missed the memo until after homes were already gone, but I managed to get one. And I imagine all of those new houseboat areas will be coming VERY soon - they're looking pretty complete, and I see 4-6 dots a day of moles working to get them finished! Stay on the lookout :)

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Teager said:

I don't think the Lindens realized how high the demand would be! Interest in Linden Housing has been... slim, to say the least, in years past. I think they are just as blown away by this new development as we are!

At first I was quite surprised they hadn't anticipated the rush on these new homes (after all, they're qualitatively highly superior). Then again, as you say, ppl's reaction to earlier LL homes stuff has always been rather laid-back, so I can understand it from that perspective.

8 hours ago, binder59 said:

they should have made enough to go around to all premium members

Not all Premium members want one - some have said as much on these forums.  The folks that visit the forums is a small percentage of users, thus we are only hearing from a portion of the Premium community - both those that want houses and those that don't.  If LL truly built for ALL premium members to have one, they'd likely have tons of vacancies, far more than they want. 

Based on other comments, I don't think they underestimated the demand.  They simply made the decision to go ahead and open some up now rather than waiting until the entire continent was built.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Based on other comments, I don't think they underestimated the demand.  They simply made the decision to go ahead and open some up now rather than waiting until the entire continent was built.

yes this.  It is a good approach. As they have mentioned also since, LL will look at how people are using these early builds and factor that into how to design/build the next tranches

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Based on Patch Linden's comment that they were "overwhelmed at the positive response to the new models and at the rapid speed with which they were acquired," I'd say it's fair to say they underestimated demand a little. Their own response to the high demand has been equally fast, though, so it's all good. :) 

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Based on Patch Linden's comment that they were "overwhelmed at the positive response to the new models and at the rapid speed with which they were acquired," I'd say it's fair to say they underestimated demand a little. Their own response to the high demand has been equally fast, though, so it's all good. :) 

Overwhelmed is not necessarily a negative.  Basically they were blown away at the positive responses (likely didn't expect so many of us to be singing their praises over these houses). and while they knew they were going to be super popular, I think they were a bit surprised at just how fast they went -- thinking it would take a few more days than it did for all of them to get taken.  Patch specifically said that predicting demand is not the issue (because they did know they were going to be popular).  The issue is the time it takes in getting lots and lots of parcels created.

See this post: 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

• Moles
11 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

My alt just rented an older house to pass the time, you know, to do things like this :)

Snapshot_003.thumb.png.fd3639cf8a7e738a02240031f2a03cfb.png

The moles will see this any day now, and save me!  I know it :)  

/me sends Willow my last can of Earthworms in Spicy Slime Sauce.

• Haha 9
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Overwhelmed is not necessarily a negative.  Basically they were blown away at the positive responses (likely didn't expect so many of us to be singing their praises over these houses). and while they knew they were going to be super popular, I think they were a bit surprised at just how fast they went -- thinking it would take a few more days than it did for all of them to get taken.  Patch specifically said that predicting demand is not the issue (because they did know they were going to be popular).  The issue is the time it takes in getting lots and lots of parcels created.

Not to be too nitpicky, but 'they were a bit surprised at just how fast they went' is really just another way of saying they underestimated demand. :) (As anticipating demand is not just a matter of having enough of a supply, but also of estimating how many items will be requested per time unit). Anyway, completely unimportant, of course: I just need to fill the time awaiting the new homes (as refreshing doesn't seem to cut it any more).

45 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Not to be too nitpicky, but 'they were a bit surprised at just how fast they went' is really just another way of saying they underestimated demand. :) (As anticipating demand is not just a matter of having enough of a supply, but also of estimating how many items will be requested per time unit). Anyway, completely unimportant, of course: I just need to fill the time awaiting the new homes (as refreshing doesn't seem to cut it any more).

True. And until episode nine, the producers of Game of Thrones were hoping and praying HBO would renew for a second season. Predicting demand is not always so cut-and-dry as we like to think. In the end it's a very good thing; a win-win for Residents to have wonderful eye-candy and for Linden Lab to have more popularity in Premium subscriptions (I've already read and heard about people who signed up for Premium because of these new LL Homes.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

True. And until episode nine, the producers of Game of Thrones were hoping and praying HBO would renew for a second season. Predicting demand is not always so cut-and-dry as we like to think. In the end it's a very good thing; a win-win for Residents to have wonderful eye-candy and for Linden Lab to have more popularity in Premium subscriptions (I've already read and heard about people who signed up for Premium because of these new LL Homes.)

I agree. Higher demand than anticipated means LL really outdid themselves. :) This is something they can feel good about, and so can we... as they really outdid themselves.

• Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.