Lighting Different on Alt ?

Error403Forbidden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1823 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm finding it weird, my Alt account, as seen on the right, is showing lighting properly, but my main account is not showing it at all. What could be causing this? These screen shots are taken at the exact same time on the exact same PC. Both screens open at the exact same time, but the one of the left won't load up the lighting correct. The account on the right has signifcantly lowers inventory, that's really the only difference. What the HECK!

Wut.png

3 answers to this question

Have you carefully checked the settings in Preferences/Graphics?  You may have Advanced Lighting Model on for one, but not the other...or some other difference in the Graphics settings.

Have you carefully checked the World/Environment settings?  A different Windlight sky setting or the use of Parcel windlight (Firestorm viewer) or a different time of day setting can create huge differences.

5 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Have you carefully checked the settings in Preferences/Graphics?  You may have Advanced Lighting Model on for one, but not the other...or some other difference in the Graphics settings.

Have you carefully checked the World/Environment settings?  A different Windlight sky setting or the use of Parcel windlight (Firestorm viewer) or a different time of day setting can create huge differences.

Hello! I kind of figured it out just now! The other one was not zoomed in as close; however, normally I don't have to be zoomed in at all to see the "light" I set from an object. When I turn the light on and off it fades away! It has never done that until recently. 

17a1cdf90bbf0e703dd5b2911c2c7aa4.gif

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1823 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.