So sad I didn't get a new home

JOVIYON Wycliffe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

As for refreshing the availability page, you don't have to sit there clicking for minutes on end, just do the occasional refresh between other things... that's how I got my one yesterday.

I almost got one yesterday -- but was too slow to click the "terms & conditions" checkbox haha, and it poofed away. You probably beat me :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

Keep an eye on Patch Linden's Linden Homes Update post, that'll let you know when they're available.

As he has said in the post, a release of houseboats will be coming next (and very soon by the looks of the area where they are preparing all these things), and houses will come in the release after. But remember, there are some that have a house at the moment that really want a houseboat (the houseboats were the first to 'sell out'), so as they migrate when the houseboats are released, so houses will become available!

As for refreshing the availability page, you don't have to sit there clicking for minutes on end, just do the occasional refresh between other things... that's how I got my one yesterday.

Reports of homes becoming available, upon refreshing, are highly exaggerated. :) But Kudos on you for getting one, after all!

Not to be a Negative Nancy, but I suspect the new batch of homes may go even faster than the first time around. After all, this time everyone is on their toes, ready to jump the moment they become available. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Edited by kiramanell
  • Haha 4

Hello everyone!

Linden team did a brilliant job on houses (traditional & Houseboats, roads, layouts and all)  Bravo!  I love how it has it's own rules and keep everything clean like a real neighborhood.  That's what I want!  I hope I can able to sail around or ride the bike!  
Now my question.  I wonder when will the linden sims (houses) to be finished and available/open for everyone to move in?  Some say this week, some say This JULY?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xia Xevious said:

That's what I want!  I hope I can able to sail around or ride the bike!  

You can ride bikes and sail NOW! I visited neighborhood and looked around a bit. I think all is very nicely well done and look forward to when enough becomes available for us all. I didn't enter any residences, just wandered streets and boardwalk.... As I do in many areas in SL.

I'm wondering now if there are any "Models" to just look at, for us poorly forsaken soles that missed out.

But, by all means, Xia, go take a look and a bike ride, there are rez zones for boats/planes and other stuff.

Heck...  One of the Lucky Few may have an open barbeque  soon!  ( Btw..  medium well on that burger,. THANKS!)

Edited by TechDave
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TechDave said:

I'm wondering now if there are any "Models" to just look at, for us poorly forsaken soles that missed out.

That's actually not a bad idea. A section set aside for show homes, displaying the different types, which people can go into and look round

3 minutes ago, TechDave said:

Btw..  medium well on that burger,. THANKS!

Hahaha!   Some of them were talking about having a house warming, bbq party, cookout and such!  Amazing!

Yeah, I went there twice.... I walked around and met few people.  Very nice!  I truly loved that place!
Thanks, dude for telling me about the sail/ bike.  I wasn't sure if it was allowed!  But now I do know... I will grab a bike and ride around later!

1 hour ago, TechDave said:

There was a Linden Home Preview region at the Home and Garden show earlier before the new region opened, and the preview region was still available during the LL Spring Egg Hunt - one of the stops on the hunt was by the houseboats preview area. And, it's still there:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Linden Homes Preview/44/200/24

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Reports of homes becoming available, upon refreshing, are highly exaggerated. :) But Kudos on you for getting one, after all!

Not to be a Negative Nancy, but I suspect the new batch of homes may go even faster than the first time around. After all, this time everyone is on their toes, ready to jump the moment they become available. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

On the other hand, I predict that maybe as many as 10% abandon their houses to get a boat. It's boats that will be rolled out first, it's there the Moles and Lindens work.

I agree it can go really fast. On the other hand - I don't have many friends in SL that I really talk to, but both of two old friends had not heard about it. It's not spread so much, as to whole SL. I grabbed one and took him there, tried hard to sell in a boat when the new ones comes around :)

Edit: One alt is spying on the webside, and it was 1 house up yesterday, like 30 seconds to 1 minute. When I refreshed, it was already gone.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

On 4/28/2019 at 7:25 AM, stlshayne said:

... You could even make the case that if they were forced to live on the land, they might not make good use of it and the spirit/theme of the continent, and it is also possible that they are just waiting for houses to be released that will suit their needs (be it a beach house, or something more urban, or something more open layout). But I would also be all for there being a more hidden "I just want a skybox and I'll be happy" section for premium users, so everyone gets what they want.

I am sure there are quite a lot of people who managed to get a house though they wanted a houseboat ... or got a parcel that isn't very attractive ... but instead of giving it up right away they wait for some more and better being offered. In Germany we have a proverb: Better a sparrow in your hand than a dove on the roof!

But these people are in a sort of waiting position, so they might not take the trouble of spending hours on decorating these homes or even buy stuff to match them.

I myself am not really sure I want to stay where I am, so I decorated the garden first ... and the house more basically Bed, Tub, Sofa , but no little bits and decos

• Like 7

18 hours ago, TechDave said:

There is the new Linden Homes Preview SIM: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Linden Homes Preview/44/200/25  It shows all the current models.  Each plot has a mailbox and you can choose which style of House you want... so visit them all at the Preview, grab any plot and rez your favourite using the mailbox! (life Preserver for the Houseboat model selection) and anyone can come and visit and explore Bellissaria and see what the current residents are so excited about! 

5bf4d3ea34aaed18ebf2339858d4dca9.jpg

57cc0d3e3968fbf103186f996a2fa460.jpg

There's another thread in this Linden Homes section which has Landmarks and points of interest including Rez Zones so anyone can come and have a good look at all the different areas and to visit, walk, ride, drive, sail, fly and explore.  The whole continent is just beautiful and wonderfully planned with connected streets and paths to all sorts of community parks and little surprises!  So much to see and so much still to come... looking at the World Map every few days, the Moles are working like crazy and getting more set up every day for the next batch release!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RacyAcey said:

So happy for you, I keep refreshing...but nothing.

Hang on in there. The moles are frantically beavering away prepping more homes and houseboats. We saw a mole hovering in the sky working away as we did a sail along the river where the houseboats end and the moorings for more are being built. I must say the quality of the build of Bellyissimo is absolutely exceptional, and well worth a visit.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, anthonytorino said:

Popped a tent waiting on new home. Don't see any building going on mainly just blank land areas.

New Linden homes_002.png

They work on the area for houseboats, will try to finish them as fast as they can. The 1st round of boats was taken in 24 hours, or even less?

Anyone counted how many new boats they make? Edited to add:

Edited by Marianne Little

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

They work on the area for houseboats, will try to finish them as fast as they can. The 1st round of boats was taken in 24 hours, or even less?

Anyone counted how many new boats they make?

Looks like a little more than 700 new houseboats. There are just under 600 now, so when the new ones are in there'll be around 1300, roughly. And yes, I have too much time on my hands right now 😆

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, 12dash said:

Looks like a little more than 700 new houseboats. There are just under 600 now, so when the new ones are in there'll be around 1300, roughly. And yes, I have too much time on my hands right now 😆

Now, and this is going to bake your noodle later on... but who amongst you will be brave enough to NOT pick the new boathouse, when they really wanted a tradiotinal home, and actually dare to spend valuable refresh time using the pulldown menu to take the second option? (Traditional home on the 'old' Bellessaria). I dare you. I double-dare you. 😏

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.