So sad I didn't get a new home

JOVIYON Wycliffe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hitting refresh on the request webpage is probably the dumbest, simplest and fairest way to do it right now. If there was a page that listed open plots as they appeared, someone would solve the supply problem with a bot that needed your SL account credentials .. and people would willingly just hand them over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

LOL. So I abandoned it twice for no good reason at all?! LOL. Feeling mighty blonde now!

I don't know if this was the case with the one you abandoned or not, but there may still be a few lots where the house had disappeared and were then abandoned.  If you get one of those, keep it!  The issue of the house disappearing is an issue that can be fixed through entering a support ticket and someone will come out and fix the mailbox so that it works properly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

For the fact this forum has a lot of people screaming out for new houses, a majority I am seeing in world still sit empty and vacant. It's depressing to think those that want can't have, and those that have don't seem to really want - just have for the sake of having. ☹️

As I mentioned in another thread, I picked a place up right away because I knew it would be popular, but then I ended up spending much of last week working an extended work schedule with super limited time inworld.  This week, I am on vacation with a laptop that can barely run SL - so poorly does it render things that I wouldn't even attempt to decorate anything.

Someone else mentioned that they missed getting a house because a family member was in the hospital. What if it was the reverse for someone - they got a house and were immediately hit by a RL emergency that took them away for a bit.

Too many people are too quick to judge.  We don't know everyone's story.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 10

16 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

As I mentioned in another thread, I picked a place up right away because I knew it would be popular, but then I ended up spending much of last week working an extended work schedule with super limited time inworld.  This week, I am on vacation with a laptop that can barely run SL - so poorly does it render things that I wouldn't even attempt to decorate anything.

Someone else mentioned that they missed getting a house because a family member was in the hospital. What if it was the reverse for someone - they got a house and were immediately hit by a RL emergency that took them away for a bit.

Too many people are too quick to judge.  We don't know everyone's story.

You make a good point. I also stand by the fact that there's an awful lot of empty buildings on the new continent. Regardless why, it's just sad to see. And its an awful lot of emergencies. Just sayin' 😋

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

You make a good point. I also stand by the fact that there's an awful lot of empty buildings on the new continent. Regardless why, it's just sad to see. And its an awful lot of emergencies. Just sayin' 😋

As a test earlier today, i flew up to just over 2000m altitude in my region then increased my draw distance... and i was surprised by how many skyboxes and sky platforms were up there. I am glad we can't see them from the ground, but I guess it shows that even with a nice home, some people still like living in boxes 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

As a test earlier today, i flew up to just over 2000m altitude in my region then increased my draw distance... and i was surprised by how many skyboxes and sky platforms were up there. I am glad we can't see them from the ground, but I guess it shows that even with a nice home, some people still like living in boxes

Aren't we all just living in boxes, maaaan? exhales smoke

😛

Edited by stlshayne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Quiet Mirabella said:

I hope people get around to decorate and enjoy their new houses ☺️ I know I will be once I get mine 🧡

Same. I keep looking at all of the photos on the Home & Garden thread and I just keep getting more and more excited about the possibilities. Everyone has such great ideas and the add-ons are awesome!

• Like 4

Two houses came up this morning and I wasn't lucky enough to snag them.  Send me some house luck everyone! 

I'm having another surgery on Monday and I'll be super sad if they release the new houseboats then and I miss it. Would be my luck! LOL!

Edited by Barbie Glas
  • Like 3

In talking to some folks in groups and from some posts on the forums, it is apparent that a few folks are getting the Linden Homes because they want their freebie home, but they don't really want to live on the ground among others, but instead they prefer to be high in the sky.  This is totally within their right, but hopefully, they'll do at least a little bit of landscaping to make the ground level fit in a bit better and look a bit lived in - and close the shades on their house so it isn't obvious that the house is empty.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, Barbie Glas said:

Two houses came up this morning and I wasn't lucky enough to snag them.  Send me some house luck everyone! 

I'm having another surgery on Monday and I'll be super sad if they release the new houseboats then and I miss it. Would be my luck! LOL!

I hope your surgery goes smoothly...and hope you get your houseboat....I am trying to get either a houseboat or Traditional...whatever is available.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

it is apparent that a few folks are getting the Linden Homes because they want their freebie home, but they don't really want to live on the ground among others, but instead they prefer to be high in the sky.

That just stinks! Its a total abuse of the new homes genre. If people want to live in a box in the sky, there's definitely a case for LL to provide, well.... a stack of boxes in the sky somewhere? It breaks my heart to think that people might be grabbing these quality, ground level environments when they have no intentions at all to be part of the "new revolution" community.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Odaks said:

That just stinks! Its a total abuse of the new homes genre. If people want to live in a box in the sky, there's definitely a case for LL to provide, well.... a stack of boxes in the sky somewhere? It breaks my heart to think that people might be grabbing these quality, ground level environments when they have no intentions at all to be part of the "new revolution" community.

I think that many have become premium because all of this attention let them know the options they had as premium members, some did not know there was an increase to 1024, some had no idea that it meant you did not have to buy the land as well up front, and so on, so while the land is great, they want to feel a bit more private possibly. If I had one I would have a box in the sky for a studio if it was a need, because it would not work with the home rezzed taking up most of the parcel etc. Derender is a wonderful thing.

1 hour ago, Odaks said:

If people want to live in a box in the sky, there's definitely a case for LL to provide, well.... a stack of boxes in the sky somewhere?

i am with you on this. I am waiting for LL to offer me a premium black box parcel on a continent with only black box parcels on it.  Is lots of people like me who want to get one of these. Our own little 1024m private island set in the middle of a vast blue sea as far as the eye can see.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Mollymews said:

i am with you on this. I am waiting for LL to offer me a premium black box parcel on a continent with only black box parcels on it.  Is lots of people like me who want to get one of these. Our own little 1024m private island set in the middle of a vast blue sea as far as the eye can see.

That actually could work. Have the sky box parcels be the ocean zones. Ground sunk so its only water below, no building below 2km. The water below would be public waterways.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Kinda goes against the whole shared experience thing .. although this is pretty much how Sansar works.

In all fairness, the whole 'shared experience' thingy has always predominantly been about 'Everyone else seeing the same thing as you do' (in terns of windlight and stuffz), and not necessarily about sharing a sim with everyone else.

6 hours ago, Odaks said:

This is one of the things that irks me the most. People that do this. I found a house at the end of a street, next to a big expanse of grass and also next to one of the "rivers". The place was GORGEOUS and I would of died to have that plot.. the house was completely empty. If this person is one of those "skybox" livers i'd want to kill him.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

the house was completely empty

There may be, of course, a perfectly valid reason why its being left derelict - holidays, illness, temporary (or even permanent) insanity, 6 month voyage on the Blake Sea.........

But if its because they want to live in a box in the sky, well, that's their right to, but I'm right behind you in the queue!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

This is one of the things that irks me the most. People that do this. I found a house at the end of a street, next to a big expanse of grass and also next to one of the "rivers". The place was GORGEOUS and I would of died to have that plot.. the house was completely empty. If this person is one of those "skybox" livers i'd want to kill him.

I hear ya. But I don't think we should confuse the issues: you get no say over what house you're getting, regardless of what peeps are doing with their homes (aka, even had that nice corner home been vacant, there would still have been no guarantee you'd have gotten it; and, since getting a new home is a very lucky roll of the dice to begin with, rerolling, under the current scarcity, is out, which pretty much means you're guaranteed not to have gotten the home of your choice).

3 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

I hear ya. But I don't think we should confuse the issues: you get no say over what house you're getting, regardless of what peeps are doing with their homes (aka, even had that nice corner home been vacant, there would still have been no guarantee you'd have gotten it; and, since getting a new home is a very lucky roll of the dice to begin with, rerolling, under the current scarcity, is out, which pretty much means you're guaranteed not to have gotten the home of your choice).

Yeah, I know you don't, but there's always that 1 in.. god knows how many houses chance of luck. I just meant it was a "prime" plot in my eyes, so to speak.

I know some have a valid reason, and those are not the people I have issues with at all. It's just there are so many people who want in on this for the experience, and then you get people taking up space so they can live in a skybox. I understand why(more prims), but it still leaves me a bit annoyed.

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.