Jump to content
Windywinters

TMP Legacy mesh body

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

For all we know, he/she might be working on one as we speak :)

That would be absolute heaven.

I have been using my Legacy body as much as possible, but it's still near next to impossible to find clothes I actually like for it. I don't use the deformers as they make the body look nothing like what I bought it for.. if I want to wear Maitreya clothing, i'll just wear my Maitreya body. Easy. I would not buy the perky if I already have the other. I was already flabbergasted with the v2 versions for the Genus heads. Another 5.5k for a minor difference(such as babyface being the lips; was not worth it for me).

I expect many other things to go up in price just because people are apparently so okay with these. Can't wait to see 10k bodies and heads.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CandyJewels said:

That would be absolute heaven.

I have been using my Legacy body as much as possible, but it's still near next to impossible to find clothes I actually like for it. I don't use the deformers as they make the body look nothing like what I bought it for.. if I want to wear Maitreya clothing, i'll just wear my Maitreya body. Easy. I would not buy the perky if I already have the other. I was already flabbergasted with the v2 versions for the Genus heads. Another 5.5k for a minor difference(such as babyface being the lips; was not worth it for me).

I expect many other things to go up in price just because people are apparently so okay with these. Can't wait to see 10k bodies and heads.

I don't recall the deformers altering the appearance at all and I remember using them quite a bit, but to be honest, I just pulled Legacy out of the closet and dusted it off to try on again - and discovered I no longer remember how to wear the dang thing. What a complicated mess! Definitely not a wear-n-go like Maitreya for believers in the K.I.S.S. principle. Will proudly remain a no-fuss Maitreya 'clone' ♥

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, mistika Magic said:

I feel the same thing. Lara is definitely my favorite body, but I wish @Onyx LeShelle (Maitreya) can give it an update with more realistic features (specially in the tummy and breasts regions) or launch a new body. I would totally go for it since I have never had any kind of problems with Lara.

I think it would be best to launch a new body. Instead of updating and breaking all content for Lara. I mean, Belleza has 3 bodies, Legacy three and Slink two. Why not a new Maitreya? Keep the feet and hands as Lara has, and make a line of 2-3 bodies. Could even have a loyal customer system, if you buy a new Maitreya body when you wear the old, you get a refund of 500 or 1000 L. I bet it would sell well.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

I don't recall the deformers altering the appearance at all and I remember using them quite a bit, but to be honest, I just pulled Legacy out of the closet and dusted it off to try on again - and discovered I no longer remember how to wear the dang thing. What a complicated mess! Definitely not a wear-n-go like Maitreya for believers in the K.I.S.S. principle. Will proudly remain a no-fuss Maitreya 'clone' ♥

They alter usually in terms of making it slimmer, but I have had plenty of instances where the deformers still leave body parts jutting out of the clothing.. I mean, I bought the body for it's shape, as it is undeniably very nice, but overall it's not very user-friendly. If i'm going to use the body, I want to use it with clothing made for it, so as to keep that shape as much as possible. Trying to make an applier for the thing was a headache as well, oh god.

I would be totally over the moon for a new Maitreya body, and would buy it faster than you can say Hopscotch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, CandyJewels said:

They alter usually in terms of making it slimmer, but I have had plenty of instances where the deformers still leave body parts jutting out of the clothing.. I mean, I bought the body for it's shape, as it is undeniably very nice, but overall it's not very user-friendly. If i'm going to use the body, I want to use it with clothing made for it, so as to keep that shape as much as possible. Trying to make an applier for the thing was a headache as well, oh god.

I would be totally over the moon for a new Maitreya body, and would buy it faster than you can say Hopscotch.

Oh I see what you mean. I think that might be less to do with the deformers and more to do with the creator of the clothes. Even wearing the Maitreya body, there are often many clothes advertised for Maitreya that really don't fit around the shoulders, tummy, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Oh I see what you mean. I think that might be less to do with the deformers and more to do with the creator of the clothes. Even wearing the Maitreya body, there are often many clothes advertised for Maitreya that really don't fit around the shoulders, tummy, etc. 

Yeah, I run in to plenty like that for Maitreya as well. Maitreya is still easier to work with, though, lol.. but then Maitreya's weights and such are harder to get ahold of, so many creators use the guesstimate knock-off for rigging.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CandyJewels said:

Yeah, I run in to plenty like that for Maitreya as well. Maitreya is still easier to work with, though, lol.. but then Maitreya's weights and such are harder to get ahold of, so many creators use the guesstimate knock-off for rigging.

I agree. Love Maitreya too. I don't think there's any doubting it's a solid, reliable, trustworthy brand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mistika Magic said:

give it an update with more realistic features (specially in the tummy and breasts regions) or launch a new body.

Don't forget the armpit/shoulder area and the butt. Really, the Maitreya "triangle butt" drives me the most insane! I feel like people even accentuate the odd shape by scrunching their hip length up and pulling the butt out so it ends up being super pointed. A big butt should resemble an apple and not a carrot. I respect Maitreya as a brand and wore that body happily for years, but I could never go back until those issues are fixed. Once you see it you can't unsee it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

You bet I'll be looking for carrot butts now... 🐰

Ahahaha, sorry to ruin you on that one too now! 😂

It's one of those things I kind of always noticed and would constantly tweak on my Maitreya shape. But I didn't fully understand why I was so unhappy with my backside at certain angles... until I switched to Legacy where the butt is nicely rounded and has a natural curve. Now the incredibly pointed backside of some Maitreya wearers is the first thing I notice and I can't stop staring.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

Don't forget the armpit/shoulder area and the butt. Really, the Maitreya "triangle butt" drives me the most insane! I feel like people even accentuate the odd shape by scrunching their hip length up and pulling the butt out so it ends up being super pointed. A big butt should resemble an apple and not a carrot. I respect Maitreya as a brand and wore that body happily for years, but I could never go back until those issues are fixed. Once you see it you can't unsee it.

I don't know what happened to your butt, but mine is pretty much roundy. And yes, I took a look at it to make sure. 😂

Edited by mistika Magic
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mistika Magic said:

I don't know what happened to your butt, but mine is pretty much roundy. And yes, I took a look at it to make sure. 😂

Want a second opinion?   😃 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mistika Magic said:

I don't know what happened to your butt, but mine is pretty much roundy. And yes, I took a look at it to make sure. 😂

It's not my butt I'm worried about as I made sure to fight against the point when I wore Maitreya and it's a non-issue altogether with Legacy regardless of the size or shape someone makes their rear end. Surely I can't be the only one in SL to have noticed the phenomenon with the Maitreya backside?

This isn't the most extreme example, but here is a shot with a Maitreya avatar's butt in the front, my avatar's Legacy butt in the back. Now, you might think this is strictly a size issue because my arse is fairly small but that isn't it. It is 100% the shape of the mesh. I can make my Legacy butt huge and it stays round. Belleza butts can be very large and round as well. But on the Maitreya body, it seems the bigger the butt gets the more it comes to a point. And I think a lot of people scrunch up their hip length and it only accentuates it further when they have such a short pelvic area.

454040e39dc0cf290794280275ab7f6d.png

 

In a lot of cases, you can see it without even a full side view. There is a really weird angle of the butt that can be visible at the hip when the avatar is halfway between front facing and side that I only notice on Maitreya avatars. It ranges from looking like a saggy dirty diaper to looking like a full-on traffic cone.

e64cace0d46c26219924db71dc83bd56.png

Again, not the most extreme example as I've seen far pointier sticking out but I'm trying to get some images as I'm out shopping to better express what I see. It's a quirk in the Maitreya mesh I don't see with Legacy or Belleza and it's the first thing that instantly signals to me that a person is wearing Maitreya.

I tried everything I could to mimic that effect with my Legacy body and even when taking my butt up to 100 and cycling through a bunch of poses it never happened. My hip/butt area stayed smooth and rounded at all times with nothing jutting out:

e2467626568babe3f24422d601aa0855.png

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cyanide Pixie I see what you mean but I'm disinclined to blame Maitreya entirely for that - it's mostly the way people make their shapes. Not everyone has a knack for proportions while others like their 'proportions' perfectly distorted.

For example, I have a friend whose personal preference is hips as wide they can go with her butt all but dragging on the ground; I guess there's no accounting for taste, but I figure if it makes her happy, then more power to her.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

@Cyanide Pixie I see what you mean but I'm disinclined to blame Maitreya entirely for that - it's mostly the way people make their shapes. Not everyone has a knack for proportions while others like their 'proportions' perfectly distorted.

For example, I have a friend whose personal preference is hips as wide they can go with her butt all but dragging on the ground; I guess there's no accounting for taste, but I figure if it makes her happy, then more power to her.

I do agree with you that shapes are partially to blame but I think the shapes are only accentuating the issue, not creating it. I can't replicate it with Legacy at all, and it was something I always struggled with when wearing Maitreya. I'd get that weird angle jutting out from a partial front/partial side view and it would irk me when I was trying to take pictures. And I see so many Maitreya avatars with a pointy rear that it has now become the Maitreya hallmark in my mind. That and the armpit/shoulder issue that was discussed waaaaaay back in this thread, another problem I struggled with personally when wearing Maitreya.

And sorry, I'm really not trying to sound like I'm pooping all over Maitreya's party. I loved my Maitreya body for years and truly have no issues with the creator. From everything I've ever heard, she's wonderful and I'm grateful for the amazing innovation she brought to the mesh body market! But the point I'm trying to make is that for me personally as a customer, I would need to see those anatomical problems fixed and the entire mesh overhauled and refined before I could go back to the Maitreya brand. The problems stand out too much now and I can't unsee them. Kind of like how I used to love my system avatar and thought I looked fab, but then I switched to mesh and instantly realized I could never go back. That's honestly how I feel about Maitreya after switching to Legacy. There is that big of a difference and I never could have imagined that would be the case back when I was wearing Maitreya and feeling great. Maybe something will come along in a few years and make me feel that way about Legacy. Who knows, maybe it will be a new Maitreya line! But she's got a whole lot of work to do before that could become a reality...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cyanide Pixie haha No, not taking it as pooping over the Maitreya party at all. I see the weirdness too. Really hope Maitreya comes out with a new body..

Meanwhile, after all this Legacy talk, I tried putting mine back on today but couldn't for the life of me figure it (and naturally there's absolutely no information anywhere on the nitty gritty of how to wear Legacy and do the BOM dance with it - 4 hands and 4 feet is just a lil too funky for my taste :D) so I gave up in disgust and threw it back in a dark and dusty corner to be forgotten...until next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AnyaJurelle said:

@Cyanide Pixie haha No, not taking it as pooping over the Maitreya party at all. I see the weirdness too. Really hope Maitreya comes out with a new body..

Meanwhile, after all this Legacy talk, I tried putting mine back on today but couldn't for the life of me figure it (and naturally there's absolutely no information anywhere on the nitty gritty of how to wear Legacy and do the BOM dance with it - 4 hands and 4 feet is just a lil too funky for my taste :D) so I gave up in disgust and threw it back in a dark and dusty corner to be forgotten...until next time.

@AnyaJurelle With BOM, make sure you take off your alphas and then switch to BOM in your HUD:

d91442343bfd0af759dd7955eb14b954.png

(click the button on the right under the world Style)

b4dd0982dc1b09f33f36b353f02e072f.png

(and then click on "Apply BOM" when it changes to this)

I hope you can get it working at some point because I gotta say, Legacy and BOM together was (second) life changing for me!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

@AnyaJurelle With BOM, make sure you take off your alphas and then switch to BOM in your HUD:

d91442343bfd0af759dd7955eb14b954.png

(click the button on the right under the world Style)

b4dd0982dc1b09f33f36b353f02e072f.png

(and then click on "Apply BOM" when it changes to this)

I hope you can get it working at some point because I gotta say, Legacy and BOM together was (second) life changing for me!

Thank you for that - will give it another try. I should have written destructions down for myself back when I wore Legacy all the time :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

The problems stand out too much now and I can't unsee them

I hope you mostly stay at the ground level then, otherwise it's very hard to unsee the gaps in meshes that are present in both legacy female bodies on high altitudes (old tmp ones too). I didn't bother checking a male one, so can't say anything about it.

Of course to each their own, but when I noticed it myself... I also couldn't unsee it anymore. Worst part is - it actually can be fixed and rather easily, maitreya's 5.0 update had quite a few of those seams that weren't present in 4.1 version, and it got patched out within a month. Legacy, on another hand, has those seams since release and it didn't got better one bit in ~15 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

I hope you mostly stay at the ground level then, otherwise it's very hard to unsee the gaps in meshes that are present in both legacy female bodies on high altitudes (old tmp ones too). I didn't bother checking a male one, so can't say anything about it.

Of course to each their own, but when I noticed it myself... I also couldn't unsee it anymore. Worst part is - it actually can be fixed and rather easily, maitreya's 5.0 update had quite a few of those seams that weren't present in 4.1 version, and it got patched out within a month. Legacy, on another hand, has those seams since release and it didn't got better one bit in ~15 months.

I spend a lot of time in the sky and I don't notice the lines very much at all. Usually only when I'm zoomed in really close to my chest or something. Like, really close. And I generally have no reason to be that close unless I'm moving an unrigged necklace into place. I thought they'd bug me at first but was happily surprised they didn't in the long run.

I do agree with you though on one thing, I'm disappointed Legacy has not yet fixed the problem. I know they have acknowledged it but you'd think they could have rolled an update by now.

But disappointment in that aside, the lines I can hardly even see up close are far less of an issue to me than the anatomical issues that scream at me even from a distance when I wear Maitreya. I'd take the lines any day over that. Obviously I have, because I wear Legacy now;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

I spend a lot of time in the sky and I don't notice the lines very much at all. Usually only when I'm zoomed in really close to my chest or something. Like, really close. And I generally have no reason to be that close unless I'm moving an unrigged necklace into place. I thought they'd bug me at first but was happily surprised they didn't in the long run.

I do agree with you though on one thing, I'm disappointed Legacy has not yet fixed the problem. I know they have acknowledged it but you'd think they could have rolled an update by now.

But disappointment in that aside, the lines I can hardly even see up close are far less of an issue to me than the anatomical issues that scream at me even from a distance when I wear Maitreya. I'd take the lines any day over that. Obviously I have, because I wear Legacy now;)

A couple of really tiny spots when I'm up at 2500m but that's to be expected at that height. Haven't worn this body in a very long time - had forgotten how beautiful it is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

I spend a lot of time in the sky and I don't notice the lines very much at all. Usually only when I'm zoomed in really close to my chest or something. Like, really close. And I generally have no reason to be that close unless I'm moving an unrigged necklace into place. I thought they'd bug me at first but was happily surprised they didn't in the long run.

That's why I said to each their own. I see them all the time on others and from moderate distance. Could depend on your resolution and/or screen size, too. Not going to assume how/on what you run your viewer, but for example something that can be difficult to see in windowed mode on already small 17" laptop's 1080p screen, will be most obvious thing in full screen on 32" 4k monitor.

I'll agree with you on the fact that trying to make maitreya curvy is not pretty, but lots of people do it anyway. Siders do allow it (although not legacy/freya kind of curves, of course), but it does look rather broken above certain slider values. I personally like very slim looks and shapes, so it never was an issue for me. However if belleza Venus was supported, I'd probably use it instead. But it is not, if not count a FP templates market and some very large/mainstream creators that can afford to pay for extra to people who rig mesh for them.

 

1 hour ago, AnyaJurelle said:

A couple of really tiny spots when I'm up at 2500m but that's to be expected at that height.

There's far more than a couple; whole chest, butt and crotch are nothing, but seams, and way lower than 2500m, it starts around 900m already, although not as badly as above 1500m. Legs are pretty bad too. Back is "okay" more or less. Even at the ground level there are a few small seams. Posting it would be NSFW and against forum rules, so I won't.

And no, they are not expected there. Aside of TMP and Legacy bodies (pretty much same thing, even if they claim to be different company), nothing really breaks there like that. Not any belleza's bodies, not maitreya, not slink (pre-full bom, which still has alpha cuts). Or you'd also see mesh heads (scalp and ears that can be hidden) with such ugly seams. I have a few rigged sci-fi and fantasy things (hands/arms/legs/wings and what not) that also come with alpha cuts (it's exactly where seams appear if creator didn't bother to do it properly) and none of them breaks either. I saw a few badly made ones too, though. So while some of them also were pretty.. I didn't bought them, as I'm far more interested in every usage, than a pretty static picture for blogs/flickr.

Edited by steeljane42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grain of salt and all that but according to inworld CSR, a fix is in the works for the alpha gaps. When Maitreya 5 was released, it had a small gap at high altitude which was fixed in a matter of days. Goes to show it's at least possible to address these.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...