TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 4/24/2019 at 10:24 PM, BrooklynnC said:

Doesn't necessarily mean they are trying to hide a broken feature. Perhaps it's just a strategy to make you purchase the body. I'm sure it's not flawless because then they'd be bragging about it in the demo folder but I feel like people should try and be more optimistic. Are we going to hold on to our Maitreya bodies for the rest of Second Life's existence?

It's a new and interesting approach. People complain about the price but if this body allows you to wear clothing that aren't specifically designed for the body you're wearing then maybe that L$5,000 isn't so bad after all.

I'm gonna stick with my mesh bodies Lara and Freya thru all the rest of my second life, I can do so much with them to last a lifetime! So why get more mesh bodies? At the core they're all the same and the best features depend on the quality thigh TMP has none.

25 minutes ago, OddPieceLady said:

everything fits Lara and she's a nice mesh design so that's better than investing in another one

You Legacy body come with deformers so everything that fits Lara fits Legacy, too. Just saying. BTW: You chose to buy without trying the demo first?

12 minutes ago, OddPieceLady said:

So why get more mesh bodies?

Only you can answer that question. You must have had a good answer, then.

7 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

You Legacy body come with deformers so everything that fits Lara fits Legacy, too. Just saying. BTW: You chose to buy without trying the demo first?

Only you can answer that question. You must have had a good answer, then.

Indeed I do, I have lots of mesh body options and after the disaster of the original TMP body I do not trust them, also they don't do omega or dev kits so that alone is a reason not to buy it, and why buy an expensive body that deforms to Maitreya when I already have Maitreya with endless options? Answered enough for ya? :P

Edited by OddPieceLady
Errors

14 minutes ago, OddPieceLady said:

Indeed I do, I have lots of mesh body options and after the disaster of the original TMP body I do not trust them, also they don't do omega or dev kits so that alone is a reason not to buy it, and why buy an expensive body that deforms to Maitreya when I already have Maitreya with endless options? Answered enough for ya? :P

It's enough for you. :) For me: the low quality of the Maitreya compared to the high quality of Belleza and Legacy make the deformers on Legacy a no-brainer: existing wardrobe still in-tact, now shop Legacy-specific. As for Omega - well, Bakes on Mesh is the best answer. As for Dev Kit, there must be because a lot of Legacy-specific stuff is available now. As for Support: I've never had a need to contact any body-creator, or their support system for any reason. Besides: almost all brands of quality (even Maitreya) rely on crowd-sourced support.

I'm not debating you, I'm just providing counter-points. I'm no apologist for sny creator. We each have our own perspectives and values, you've explained yours and there's nothing wrong with any of it. If you need support then that's an important subject. If another brand quality meets your satisfaction then there's nothing wrong with that, either. Though I find it interesting that you spent so much money claiming to buy the Legacy, then use the reasons you have stated to express dissatisfaction.

PRO TIP: No demo, no buy. Anyone who buys anything without trying an available demo probably shouldn't be complaining about it, should they? Either way, as is the old adage: Caveat emptor.

Edited by Alyona Su

1 hour ago, OddPieceLady said:

I'm gonna stick with my mesh bodies Lara and Freya thru all the rest of my second life, I can do so much with them to last a lifetime!

Second Life still has a lot of potential for technical development, who's to say what the future brings? I'm not a creator of the caliber to understand, let alone create such complex things as mesh bodies, nor do I know what the exact technical limitations are and how they compare to other platforms - but remember how people used to say that N64's Goldeneye looked 'so very realistic' compared to many games before it, that some people couldn't believe that graphics in games could get better? Or when people said that the Internet would never get 'big' because they couldn't understand why 'normal people' would ever care to use it? I have an article in a tech magazine from the early years of the millennium, with an article about how 300 years worth of man-hours were put into the design of a single virtual character, rendering and giving every strand of hair its physics individually - look at the cut-scenes from RPGs and strategy games of the late 90's and early 2000's, how at the time they were technical marvels, but how today you can use modern programs to learn how to make something a lot more impressive in just a few days of learning.

I agree that TMP isn't worth it, though that's just my personal opinion - but I'll never say never, when it comes to the development of new things. Second Life has been running for so many years, and the changes we've seen over time has been significant and amazing, and I expect that the future changes will continue to astound us. Perhaps one day we'll look back at the Lara the way we now look at the system bodies of old.

Maybe I said it before, but aside from the technical point (I only tested the demo and it's really beautiful, sliders work almost perfectly, etc), I don't understand how a company trying to put competition can fix their price in almost twice of main competitors. And worse: people accept to pay an absurd for a product with no Omega, horrible (until where I know reading reviews) support, etc. It amazes me. It's not "twice as better" than Maitreya or Belleza to justify. I understand a product like Genus (didn't buy one for lack of money :P), but TMP? It looks good, but incomplete.

"You don't set the price", "my monies my rules", "create your own product and make it better", blabla... I know. It's my opinion.

• Like 2

I just noticed something about Legacy, BOM and ALM, when I turn on ALM the BOM layers disappear, I can reproduce this either on Firestorm and LL Viewer.

Snapshot_013.thumb.jpg.9cba79ff39541827a04715de99debd04.jpg

Snapshot_014.thumb.jpg.58c835096fdc41c1a08af98decf77742.jpg

I don't have this issue with any other of the mesh bodies I own, one more thing to test while demoing in the future 🙈 , so it is just me or someone else can reproduce it? 

20 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

It's enough for you. :) For me: the low quality of the Maitreya compared to the high quality of Belleza and Legacy make the deformers on Legacy a no-brainer: existing wardrobe still in-tact, now shop Legacy-specific. As for Omega - well, Bakes on Mesh is the best answer. As for Dev Kit, there must be because a lot of Legacy-specific stuff is available now. As for Support: I've never had a need to contact any body-creator, or their support system for any reason. Besides: almost all brands of quality (even Maitreya) rely on crowd-sourced support.

I'm not debating you, I'm just providing counter-points. I'm no apologist for sny creator. We each have our own perspectives and values, you've explained yours and there's nothing wrong with any of it. If you need support then that's an important subject. If another brand quality meets your satisfaction then there's nothing wrong with that, either. Though I find it interesting that you spent so much money claiming to buy the Legacy, then use the reasons you have stated to express dissatisfaction.

PRO TIP: No demo, no buy. Anyone who buys anything without trying an available demo probably shouldn't be complaining about it, should they? Either way, as is the old adage: Caveat emptor.

Woa woa hold on, I think you misread my post, I did not buy the TMP Legacy body nor do I plan to but you said up there “you spent so much money claiming to buy the Legacy” go back a little hun and re-read before replying. Also I find it strange that you say you’re not debating yet you jump on my simple statement that I didn’t like the TMP company or their product, when you could’ve simply stated your point of view in a single post instead of clawing at other people. I’m not one for fancy quotes in Latin, I’ll let the thread speak for itself. And I’m in no mood to debate this anymore, I find debating on a simple expression pointless because everyone will agree with what’s already there or disagree as they see fit or add their own which is fine, so arguing about the same thing over and over is redundant. Good day and if anyone gets the TMP Legacy body, heaven help them.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OddPieceLady said:

I did not buy the TMP Legacy body nor do I plan to

I was referring to this:

21 hours ago, OddPieceLady said:

Ugh I got the TMP body and regretted it from day 1, no way should anyone trust this company, if you have Lara or Freya then you've already got more than enough, everything fits Lara and she's a nice mesh design so that's better than investing in another one. And Freya has not a complete wardrobe it's true but a decent amount to enjoy. Only fools buy TMP....they just rip people off with crap and call it acceptable, the image at the top if this thread looks like they forgot to turn off the UV map, pathetic company.

This is a thread about the Legacy mesh body. If you meant the original TMP mesh body then your entire argument is moot and placed for no reason other that to complain about a product you do not have. If this new perspective of mine is incorrect, please correct me and explain.

16 hours ago, Angelina String said:

Actually one of the easiest bodies to get a full development kit for, you only have to give  them your RL identity:

How is this a bad thing? There are a lot of merchants willing to do it, apparently. If you aren't willing to do it then don't. Based on your Market Place listings, you don't appear to be their target merchant anyway. So why would you bother harping on this aspect (which others have done before) other for reasons of malice? I find this a plus, it legitimizes creators of Legacy products.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

How is this a bad thing? There are a lot of merchants willing to do it, apparently. If you aren't willing to do it then don't. Based on your Market Place listings, you don't appear to be their target merchant anyway. So why would you bother harping on this aspect (which others have done before) other for reasons of malice? I find this a plus, it legitimizes creators of Legacy products.

Well,  this is what I get for trying to be helpful and highlighting what I find positive about this product?

Where do you find me saying this is a bad thing? I clearly state that this is one of the easiest bodies to get hold of a dev kit for... If anything, I would very much like Maitreya and Belezza to apply the same policy - give their dev kit out to EVERYBODY, ony condition being that they know to whom they are giving it!

With Legacy, you only have to identify yourself as opposed to if you were to get a Maitreya kit, you'd have to document that you have a well established shop, experience in 3D modelling, sign over your soul and your firstborn child and whatnot...

And where have I said that I’m not willing to give my RL ID to Legacy? As a not so interesting fact, I have already done so!

What’s in my MP listings is completely irrelevant btw, have you heard of the concept of working for other companies for instance? I use the MP listings solely to get rid of the surplus gachas I gather when the temptations gets me - oh, and there is the one shape I made for the AK Cleo head, just for the fun of it. Nothing else... Not a single mesh I've made in that place. I can actually promise you that you will never find a shop with my name on it selling my mesh products - if that makes you feel any better!

Another thing I do not do, is to speculate in what motives people might have - even though it is very tempting at times... Just so that you do not have to speculate - my post was intended as a counterweight and clarification to the earlier post claiming that Legacy dev kits was hard to get hold of! 

And to make it clear, all questions in this post are retorical - I don’t expect or want answers...

Edited by Angelina String
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Pauck said:

I just noticed something about Legacy, BOM and ALM, when I turn on ALM the BOM layers disappear, I can reproduce this either on Firestorm and LL Viewer.

I don't have this issue with any other of the mesh bodies I own, one more thing to test while demoing in the future 🙈 , so it is just me or someone else can reproduce it? 

I've seen that mentioned by a couple of other people. The way the Legacy body handles skins when materials are used seems to be rather unusual - I also heard of problems with some of the first third-party skins for Legacy. I don't have one myself so I can't confirm what's happening.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, GAYLENA said:

comprato un corpo mesch  e hud nn cè considerando il costo del corpo non credo di aver fatto un bell acquisto

This is why you should try the demo first. Not only for this, but for everything. Considering the cost of this, then especially this.

• Like 1

I actually find it interesting and a complete joke they don't offer a free upgrade for the legacy body since it's suppose to be the upgraded version of the original. I have the original TMP mesh body myself and went to their store recently to grab some clothes and when I looked at the upgrade I noticed they wanted to charge for it. lol They pulled every item for the original body as there is no clothing store up anymore or wasn't at the time I went and want to charge for an update. I mean really? Seriously who does that and actually thinks they'll retain customers? Lmao!!!! :D

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

I actually find it interesting and a complete joke they don't offer a free upgrade for the legacy body since it's suppose to be the upgraded version of the original. I have the original TMP mesh body myself and went to their store recently to grab some clothes and when I looked at the upgrade I noticed they wanted to charge for it. lol They pulled every item for the original body as there is no clothing store up anymore or wasn't at the time I went and want to charge for an update. I mean really? Seriously who does that and actually thinks they'll retain customers? Lmao!!!! :D

Did they promise free upgrades for life? Genuine question as I never purchased the original mesh body. I do not see any such promises for the Legacy, so I'll not expect it. I figure free updates, but not free upgrades. Kind of like the way most software vendors do it: "dot-release" is free, "full version upgrade" is not free, perhaps discounted, but not always.

I've always known the "free for life" aspect in SL is not really sustainable and always was curious why anyone would offer that. But as vendors stop producing and disappearing, dropping support for their stuff, it makes sense: "Free for vendor's lifetime" LOL

24 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

In realtà lo trovo interessante e uno scherzo completo non offrono un aggiornamento gratuito per il corpo legacy poiché si suppone che sia la versione aggiornata dell'originale. Ho il corpo della mesh TMP originale da solo e sono andato nel loro negozio di recente a prendere alcuni vestiti e quando ho guardato l'aggiornamento ho notato che volevano caricarlo. lol Hanno preso tutti gli articoli per il corpo originale in quanto non esiste più un negozio di abbigliamento o non lo era al momento in cui sono andato e voglio addebitare un aggiornamento. Intendo davvero? Seriamente chi lo fa e pensa davvero che manterranno i clienti? Lmao !!!!: D

piu' che altro sanno prendere bene i soldi offrendo niente 

5 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Did they promise free upgrades for life? Genuine question as I never purchased the original mesh body. I do not see any such promises for the Legacy, so I'll not expect it. I figure free updates, but not free upgrades. Kind of like the way most software vendors do it: "dot-release" is free, "full version upgrade" is not free, perhaps discounted, but not always.

I've always known the "free for life" aspect in SL is not really sustainable and always was curious why anyone would offer that. But as vendors stop producing and disappearing, dropping support for their stuff, it makes sense: "Free for vendor's lifetime" LOL

Not gonna lie I read that first question and asked myself did she seriously just ask me that? Really? lol Let me break it down to you like this. If I create a product and you paid me for it. If I update and make upgrades to that product that would be pretty messed up for me to expect you to pay me twice for it. I been noticing that end of life trend that's started on SL with content creators recently with their products. Free for vendors lifetime? Absolutely if your still operating a business and you push a product out and thousands of other people created mass loads of content circled around your product why would you not? It makes no type of sense not to. It's just not smart business at all not to.

Maybe it makes sense to you, but to me I personally think it's stupid because vendors loose business more often then not for having that attitude. Speaking for me personally I have cut loose every single vendor including TMP that has either cut support or played that end of life card. I kick them to the curb. I find a candy store that offers better candy. So I don't loose any sleep myself over it. Most people I have personally talked to have pretty much the same attitude I do about it.

Perfect example. I stopped going to Fallen Gods. The creator discontinued a skin because it was not up to his current level the rest of his products were on. It was a well sought after skin and people still asked for it. Made no sense to shelve it. Even refused offers made to purchase it even though it was not updated. To me I find if your that ***** and unwilling to exercise what we call guaranteeing customer satisfaction then I'll find someone who will. Point blank. End of story. It's nice. It's neat. Wrap it up in a little box.

So for every content creator who does not stand by their product and/or expects you to pay for an upgrade to an already existing product you already paid them money for can NOT seriously think they will retain any of their original customer base. That is just shady business practices and I don't support that. Nobody with any type of intelligence or common sense would. Then again this is SL, so um, yaaaa. Nuff said. Lmao!!!!🤣

16 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I'll just leave this here:

Shoulders A

The only thing that photo proves is that someone needs to edit their shape. Lmao!!!!😂

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

If I create a product and you paid me for it. If I update and make upgrades to that product that would be pretty messed up for me to expect you to pay me twice for it.

This is true. If a product is release and then re-tweaked and added-to, that is an update. But if your start from scratch to create something entirely new, that is not an update, it is a new thing. So... ?

As for the Maitreya Shoulders and Arms - have a look-see in the Maitreya Update thread and see if the many others complaining about agree with you. :)  And if you view the mesh as polygons, the difference is quite clear. Maitreya is a good body. Most mesh bodies in SL are very good mesh bodies. Though each is built with different levels of effort and that can easily affect quality. Maitreya arms appear to be a simple vector extrusion without regard for underlying muscle in that area. There.s nothing wrong with that. The Belleza in the example simply paid more attention to detail and did take that muscle into account. I consider it quality of attention-to-detail. And in that respect, other mesh bodies (not only Belleza and Legacy) surpass the Maitreya in that respect.

But nothing wrong with that. The selling price of the Maitreya is in-line with expectation.

22 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

This is true. If a product is release and then re-tweaked and added-to, that is an update. But if your start from scratch to create something entirely new, that is not an update, it is a new thing. So... ?

So let me ask you this. Food for thought. Using that logic and sticking with it. By that logic if that were applied to an RL situation such as Alpha games on Steam which many have been retweaked and redone to become something entirely new they by rights should be allowed to charge their entire customer base again for the same game purchased? Because when you take that logic and apply it to SL and TMP in this case your basically saying the exact same thing. Is that your entire argument? o.O

28 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

As for the Maitreya Shoulders and Arms - have a look-see in the Maitreya Update thread and see if the many others complaining about agree with you. :)  And if you view the mesh as polygons, the difference is quite clear. Maitreya is a good body. Most mesh bodies in SL are very good mesh bodies. Though each is built with different levels of effort and that can easily affect quality. Maitreya arms appear to be a simple vector extrusion without regard for underlying muscle in that area. There.s nothing wrong with that. The Belleza in the example simply paid more attention to detail and did take that muscle into account. I consider it quality of attention-to-detail. And in that respect, other mesh bodies (not only Belleza and Legacy) surpass the Maitreya in that respect.

But nothing wrong with that. The selling price of the Maitreya is in-line with expectation.

Wait a minute slow down girlfriend. In fact let's come to a screeching halt. lol I am just saying and all I am saying is I absolutely would not class Maitreya as a low quality mesh body. I don't want you to feel like I am debating what your saying. I don't really have an issue with anything else you've said in that regards. I've just seen some really nicely done Maitreya bodies that I would consider to be high quality avatars. If it was low quality then it wouldn't be in the top five most used mesh bodies list for ladies to use. That's all I am really saying. ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.