Animation Override cannot stop animations

sundown Merchiston

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

25 answers to this question

We are assuming your are usnig the std SL Viewer. It helps if you click Help -> About and copy paste the info with your request for help.

Some third party viewers (TPV) have AO's built in. If they are active and you wear an AO, things get confusing. Use only one.

Some shoes have animations included. If they are Mod, you can remove the scripts and animations. Some shoes have two right or left shoes, one with and one without animations.

Check you WORN items for anything that might have an animation in it. Detach it and see if that solves the problem.

Some times animations get stuck when you tp to a new region. Top menu -> Me -> Movement -> Stop Animating Me.

In animations shops there are objects that will stop all your animations. Some shops give them away for free. You sit on them and they clear all the animation privedges and animations.

Some times just sitting on something will do the trick.

We are assuming your are usnig the std SL Viewer. It helps if you click Help -> About and copy paste the info with your request for help.

Some third party viewers (TPV) have AO's built in. If they are active and you wear an AO, things get confusing. Use only one.

Some shoes have animations included. If they are Mod, you can remove the scripts and animations. Some shoes have two right or left shoes, one with and one without animations.

Check you WORN items for anything that might have an animation in it. Detach it and see if that solves the problem.

Some times animations get stuck when you tp to a new region. Top menu -> Me -> Movement -> Stop Animating Me.

In animations shops there are objects that will stop all your animations. Some shops give them away for free. You sit on them and they clear all the animation privedges and animations.

Some times just sitting on something will do the trick.

Some times removing the AO, TP'ing to a new region and then putting it back on will sort of reset the AO. Some AO's have a 'reset' you can click to restart them.

Hi Sunny, if you have tried stopping the AO without success, you may have to go the advanced menu > character > test character (male, as I know you are! lol).

This will put you back to the basic shape and skin. the AO will be gone, then you will have to wear your usual shape and skin (and your beautiful hair! hehe!)

• Like 1

Hi Sundown,

If you are only getting the old anims playing on one particular sim, check to make sure that you didn`t leave one of the old AO`s rezzed on the ground somewhere. They are tiny and usually almost invisible, so it may take some effort to track it down if there is one.

A friend of mine had the same problem as you and that turned out to be the cause.

OK.... Next trick. If the AO is really detached, it can't be animating you any more, so .... maybe you just moved it off the screen by mistake. I have done that quite a few times. Do you have another HUD on the screen anywhere? If so, right click on it and select that HUD with your Edit tool. You're not going to do anything to it. It's just a part of the trick. Now, while you have that HUD selected, use the wheel on your mouse to scroll out. You should see the pink outline of your screen shrink and maybe.... if you're lucky .... you'll see your missing AO hovering just outside that line somewhere. If so, you can use the Edit arrows to drag it back where it belongs and then detach it. Don't forget to scroll the screen back to normal size with your wheel mouse. If this trick doesn't work, we'll try another one.

I am normally using Phoenix (Phoenix Viewer 1.5.2 (1050) Apr 18 2011 19:33:14 (Phoenix Viewer Release) and i suspect the AO animations are VISTA ANIMATIONS V2.0 IRRESISTIBLE&COOLEST MAN AO. I have tried all things in Phoenix , Firestorm , Viewer 2. In Viewer 2 i can stop animations and from debug info i see the animation stop , then kick nback in after about 3 or 4 seconds. The animation debug info shows as all zeros whereas others are named . This info was obtained in Viewer 2 (Second Life 2.6.3 (227447) Apr 22 2011 13:46:11 (Second Life Release))

So, in V2 you went to wearing and removed everything you have on? Every attachment, every article of clothing etc until you are just skin and brows?

Sometimes I will be dancing and then I stop dancing and then the dancing kicks back in. Usually (always) a relog does it. If you are wearing it though, I would imagine taking everything off then reloging into a completly different sim would end the animation, but I'm just guessing.

Hi peewee, yes .. this seems to travel with me .. it makes me think that this running animation is usinf uuid number to "load" an animation from somewhere and i cant figure out where.. its the stands , walks and sits that are being overridden. I have raised a Support Ticket but dont know how long that will take to get an answer. I have used all viewers .. so i used wiki posting to manually remove everything from my PC and reinstalled viewer 2 only ... Still got the problem .. even as a naked noob ... :-(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.