CielosAzules

Why does furniture disappear moments after I place it?

Question

Hello!

I’m relatively new to SL and just rented a house with plans to furnish and decorate, however, each time I place an object it will disappear moments later. I receive a notification stating the object has been returned to my inventory lost and found folder due to parcel auto return. 

3 answers to this question

That will happen if:

1. You have already reached the allowed Land Impact limit for the parcel, so you are not allowed to rez more objects

2. Your parcel is set to a group, but you are not wearing the group tag.

3. Your parcel is set to a group but your landlord has not made you a member of the group (Did you ask?)

4. You are rezzing a large object too close to the edge of your parcel, so it is lapping onto your neighbor's land.  Your neighbor has returned it.

14 minutes ago, CielosAzules said:

I have not met the landlord, just rented a space by clicking on a red box.

That's pretty common.  When you rent from a box, it will send the landlord an IM to let her know who you are.  If you need to be in a land group, the landlord will then send you an invitation. However, it may be a while before the landlord reads her IMs, or is in world to send the invitation. You can goose the process along by sending your own friendly note to the landlord:"Hi!  I'm your new tenant Cielos at < put location SLURL here >.  I'm looking forward to enjoying the parcel, but I will need to be in the land group. Would you invite me please?" 

• Like 4

Thank you for the response! I will look into these. I have not met the landlord, just rented a space by clicking on a red box. There are other homes sharing walls with mine, but they’re empty...