I'm a RL DJ How do I go about SL DJ?

Vimerietta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So, I actually have a home studio downstairs, I know how to mix, I spin in real life for a Living. How do I go about doing something Totally unheard of, and actually Mix Beats with my own personal playlist In SL? I have speakers downstairs my mixer laptop with SL on it. Can I use it through a microphone? Or would I need to buy a Stream and just be boring and stream song after song? I can take requests ALWAYS.

I want to do something other than dance for money... I hate it irl.

If not, I will stream from playlist. I have a Pro mic as I said, So I'll be hyping up the party with my voice.
If this is the case if anyone knows how I can get a streaming playlist, I have a ***** load of mp3 plus original songs, family of songwriters and musicians. (I sing also) But if anyone knows how I can get a stream going, that would be great(":

8 answers to this question

I attend a DJ set every week where the DJ chats, mixes live, and even talks to his host somehow and it all comes out on his stream, really quite fantastic and he uses all hardware. Now me, I DJ with a software mixer only, called Mixxx, and it has mic input and two 'decks' (mp3 players)  that works fine in a simpler humbler way.

if anyone knows how I can get a stream going, that would be great.

Sl streams can be rented from as little as 25 lindens a week. There are 'shops' inworld where you can go and rent a stream. You pay your lindys and in return you are given a notecard with your stream URL and a password to access it. Whatever you use as a mixer, hardware or software, that mixers output has to be sent to your stream url input. I cannot explain how its done with hardware, but in my software mixer ( Mixxx ) I just enter the rented stream url into its settings ...

2.jpg.510ee417996c735df50bb71fea980840.jpg

1.jpg.70163bedaa730f12b7a8c2d4e8cb0a9e.jpg

Edited by rasterscan
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Vimerietta said:

So, I actually have a home studio downstairs, I know how to mix, I spin in real life for a Living. How do I go about doing something Totally unheard of, and actually Mix Beats with my own personal playlist In SL? I have speakers downstairs my mixer laptop with SL on it. Can I use it through a microphone? Or would I need to buy a Stream and just be boring and stream song after song? I can take requests ALWAYS.

I want to do something other than dance for money... I hate it irl.

If not, I will stream from playlist. I have a Pro mic as I said, So I'll be hyping up the party with my voice.
If this is the case if anyone knows how I can get a streaming playlist, I have a ***** load of mp3 plus original songs, family of songwriters and musicians. (I sing also) But if anyone knows how I can get a stream going, that would be great(":

there is nothing new what i read in your post, all DJ's in SL cán do that... I think you been to the wrong places where there are no DJ's with some talent, just the easy lazy "tip meh".. "give me linden love" type of guys/girls.
Making a playlist doesn't make you a bad DJ, it's called preparation. With the right skills you still can put up a great show and give people the time they look for.
Yes you need a stream, but don't have to rent it ( can't buy those) but you also can set up a stream at your own machines, just have a pc that's powerfull enough for the total users ánd bandwith.
Most DJ's here use Sam, even winamp, or VDJ, it's pretty easy to connect the stream to those.
And of course... the legal side, you'll need to contact your local instance for broadcasting( because you in fact create a radiostation) and licences to use the music, but as pro you for sure know that.

On 4/19/2019 at 11:33 PM, Alwin Alcott said:

there is nothing new what i read in your post, all DJ's in SL cán do that... I think you been to the wrong places where there are no DJ's with some talent, just the easy lazy "tip meh".. "give me linden love" type of guys/girls.
Making a playlist doesn't make you a bad DJ, it's called preparation. With the right skills you still can put up a great show and give people the time they look for.
Yes you need a stream, but don't have to rent it ( can't buy those) but you also can set up a stream at your own machines, just have a pc that's powerfull enough for the total users ánd bandwith.
Most DJ's here use Sam, even winamp, or VDJ, it's pretty easy to connect the stream to those.
And of course... the legal side, you'll need to contact your local instance for broadcasting( because you in fact create a radiostation) and licences to use the music, but as pro you for sure know that.

On 4/19/2019 at 9:51 PM, rasterscan said:

I attend a DJ set every week where the DJ chats, mixes live, and even talks to his host somehow and it all comes out on his stream, really quite fantastic and he uses all hardware. Now me, I DJ with a software mixer only, called Mixxx, and it has mic input and two 'decks' (mp3 players)  that works fine in a simpler humbler way.

if anyone knows how I can get a stream going, that would be great.

Sl streams can be rented from as little as 25 lindens a week. There are 'shops' inworld where you can go and rent a stream. You pay your lindys and in return you are given a notecard with your stream URL and a password to access it. Whatever you use as a mixer, hardware or software, that mixers output has to be sent to your stream url input. I cannot explain how its done with hardware, but in my software mixer ( Mixxx ) I just enter the rented stream url into its settings ...

2.jpg.510ee417996c735df50bb71fea980840.jpg

1.jpg.70163bedaa730f12b7a8c2d4e8cb0a9e.jpg

Beautiful! All I needed to know. Just needed that, I got everything myself. Beautiful and Helpful comment.

Get Winamp, Virtual DJ, or SAM Brodcaster. Get a stream from some sim and purchase your URL/key thing to add into program. Apply for a job. Get accepted for a job. Then take your brodcasting software and  add tracks into it and play the music from the broadcasting software

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.