Im a FOG!

Justyn Andretti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Its fixed! A friend gave me this:

Sick of seeing your friends as clouds then click - Advanced – then – debug settings – then type in – RenderUnloadedAvatar and set to true, click X to close. This will stop you seeing others as clouds – but not you – tell others to do the same

Justyn Andretti wrote:

Its fixed! A friend gave me this:

Sick of seeing your friends as clouds then click - Advanced – then – debug settings – then type in –
RenderUnloadedAvatar
and set to true, click X to close. This will stop you seeing others as clouds – but not you – tell others to do the same

don't tell others to do the same. this is not a fix. it's a workaround. have a look at what the debug setting actually says: RenderUNLOADEDavatar.

there can be multiple reasons why an avatar won't download fully. sometimes the problem is at your end, sometimes it's not. thinkerer had a nice link. in addition; here is the official kb article on the matter: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Why_do_I_look_like_a_particle_cloud

sometimes all that has to be done is put on a (new) bald base.

either way - if you set the RenderUnloadedAvatar to true all you are doing is forcing your viewer to render an avatar that hasn't fully loaded in one way or another. it may look ok to you, but there is a bake fail there somewhere and the odds someone will see you as ruth or worse is, in my opinion, quite high. so i'd go with trying the tips listed in the links provided.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.