Little shop visibility ?

Cuuka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, RohanaRaven Zerbino said:

Let me see if I got this right.

Most of your products are full perm texture packs for other creator’s items that are already high end, expensive and need specific land options to be used.

Maybe I’m wrong but I would say that is already small customer base. Considering some of those already offer full perm texture packs with AO/UV maps for skilled users to play with the textures, taking in account user’s questionable skills to change texture and the will do deal with that at all, it is getting even smaller.

I believe it would be a challenge for even more experienced people to advertise that kind of product. Target is so small that one would have to be a Robin Hood of advertising to hit the center – unless you connect somehow with the creators of the items in question and ask them to link their items with your texture packs. I honestly doubt anyone would be willing to make such a step for many reasons.

On the other side, you do have some mesh skills. Maybe more work in that filed would bring more independency to your shop, and open more opportunities for broader advertizing? If you are so much into the boats, maybe it is about time to invest more effort in complete product? I would guess that vehicle is scripting monster, but if I was your friend, I would encourage you to give it a try. 

Now, the general common mistake I hear a lot about is that creators are expecting of their customers to make an extra effort when deciding about possible purchase. I doubt anyone would ever call you to check your product, unless they have some additional questions – you simply have to have automated access to it in every time of day or night, trough demo on MP (again, if I understand well it is impossible in the case of texture packs), or item itself rezzed in world with the texture changer. But you would have to have warning signs all over to be sure people are aware what are they buying, or it might make you a lot of problems.

Item must look ok on every graphic, so check it accordingly. Just as an example – there is one body in SL that is flickering on Low graphic – I consider that purchase to be my mistake as it didn’t cross my mind to check, but should I say that was the first and the last time I’ve bought anything from that shop?

At the end, it is 2019, automated texture changers in end line products are must – as much as your item is beautiful and low priced, if you offer more than one texture option with it, it might be skipped because of technical reasons like not having fast access to changing textures. As someone already said – there are almost 6.5 million items on MP, and one has to use every little trick to make starter shop visible and build reputation. 

Wow, already, congratulations and thank you for this debriefing!
It is very complete, gives a lot of information and valuable advice!

Like you said, the customer that I aim is reduced because they must already have bought the vehicle or the object, or plan to do it, and have all the tools in hand to create their own textures.
This reflects the real life where graphic designers / illustrators are unemployed because companies prefer the solution often cheaper: create their own visuals. I am well aware of this problem, it is for this reason that I start to create my own mesh.
I like the sea side, but I do not specialize in this area. I have already thought of creating my own boat, but it is a project far too ambitious for my level. (and I do not speak scripting ..)

At the level of proposing a texture changer, it depends on the system. The one that consists of a script to place in the object, and having to click on the object to automatically change textures, displeases me a lot. I always hated having one or more objects whose texture changes when we click on it, especially by mistake.
Why not with an extended click, but I do not know and do not have this kind of scripts ..

For the vehicles textures changer, i need to improve my little knowledge of scripting for making this :)

And for the graphics, yes it's finally what I do. Try to have the right rendering in low and high quality.

Thanks again ! :)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Cuuka said:

At the level of proposing a texture changer, it depends on the system. The one that consists of a script to place in the object, and having to click on the object to automatically change textures, displeases me a lot. I always hated having one or more objects whose texture changes when we click on it, especially by mistake.
Why not with an extended click, but I do not know and do not have this kind of scripts .. 

Professional Home & Garden creators would know better, but as far as I’ve heard, Texture changer system (with material variation) by Black Tulip is the most satisfactory for lot of creators atm.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 11:33 AM, Cuuka said:

I always worked materials with my items, but i see than a "lot" of peoples never use graphics options, so what is the better things to do for you ?

Both are viable markets, along with one you didn't mention -- full perm. Those who don't alter their content is probably the larger market, yet sometimes a niche market you are dedicated to well end up better for you.

I think it's more important that you do what interests you most and then increase your very limited inventory.

On 4/24/2019 at 3:04 AM, Polenth Yue said:

If your main thing is textures for items others make, you might want to take a look at horses. There's a big market for textures and accessories for those. Whereas a boat is more likely to be bought and used as it comes out of the box.

The problem with this is that before i texture a vehicle, or an animal, I have to buy it, in order to have UVs, and to be able to directly visualize the rendering. The horse market may be large, but they are very expensive, at least for me. I'm also starting to create and texture my own mesh :)

On 4/24/2019 at 4:22 PM, Luna Bliss said:

(...) yet sometimes a niche market you are dedicated to well end up better for you.

I think it's more important that you do what interests you most and then increase your very limited inventory. 

But i didn't wanted to change 😛 I only wanted for advice to put forward and to the quality of my products.

In any case, I think that by creating advantages of objects in addition to the textures should diversify me to make me more visible.

and keep learning for modeling too ._.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.