5 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Daz has come a long way since the beginning. Nice work!

I'd never heard of it or seen it before. A friend just showed them to me and totally blew my mind.

6 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

Can't wait until all mesh clothes switch to this! 

We can't even get rag doll physics, IK's, dynamic bones or colliders in SL.

Slow down, fashionistas!  I'm right with you, I have longed for cloth dynamics and collision detection for over a decade now.  Major animation programs like LightWave have had them for over 20 years.  But doing this in an animation program that can take as long as it likes to render each frame is something very different from doing it in a simulation that has to run in real time.

Darn it.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Slow down, fashionistas!  I'm right with you, I have longed for cloth dynamics and collision detection for over a decade now.  Major animation programs like LightWave have had them for over 20 years.  But doing this in an animation program that can take as long as it likes to render each frame is something very different from doing it in a simulation that has to run in real time.

Darn it.

Ah well - t'was a lovely dream while it lasted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Darn it.

I didn't have the heart to burst any bubbles. Thanks for letting them down easy.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
need moar cofeve
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Darn it.

But, ok so I can't walk across a crowded bar sashaying my skirt. But how about for static poses. I would be willing to wait for my skirt, or towl, or sheet or whatever piece of cloth to settle over my body for a picture. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Talligurl said:

But, ok so I can't walk across a crowded bar sashaying my skirt. But how about for static poses. I would be willing to wait for my skirt, or towl, or sheet or whatever piece of cloth to settle over my body for a picture. 

Lauren Bacall did it best. ;)

75UE.gif

• Like 5

OH.....OH.....OH......OH.......I would love all that.........

Now you tell me its a crock of gold?

Pffft!

• Like 1

@BelindaN Ikr? Knew it wouldn't be long until the "no because <insert highly technical jargonese reasons here>" killjoys kicked in.

Nice to know I'm not alone haha

• Like 1

I'd simply be happy to see us get technology that's been in other games for decades, and just keeps getting better.