Where is my house?

Maitimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well this sucks.

My mailbox stopped working after the rolling restarts today and then I just touched my house and it vanished entirely, and I have no way to rez another. Fortunately I'd already removed the furniture and stuff in preparation for choosing a different style house. Now I have... a paddock with a hot tub.

Submitted a support ticket... @Patch Linden, any idea how long it will take to resolve this? 

whereismyhouse_001.png.15ae0964452900d7bc35922e30ea8735.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

Well this sucks.

My mailbox stopped working after the rolling restarts today and then I just touched my house and it vanished entirely, and I have no way to rez another. Fortunately I'd already removed the furniture and stuff in preparation for choosing a different style house. Now I have... a paddock with a hot tub.

Submitted a support ticket... @Patch Linden, any idea how long it will take to resolve this? 

whereismyhouse_001.png.15ae0964452900d7bc35922e30ea8735.png

I submitted one 2 days ago about a problem with my houseboat - still not resolved - but the house disappearing entirely will probably get handled sooner.

On my alt, I was given another house.. even though I had not been approved for it in my previous attempt hours ago.  Hours ago, I saw a newer home available, and I registered for it, but the site gave me an error message, and I was not approved for it.  Throughout the day, I have refreshed the linden home's page, and it showed all of the old ones I could choose, but this last time upon refreshing the web page to search for a new home it displayed that I do have a newly designed home even though I did not request for it.  I teleported there, and the house was missing.  There was someone in the road , right next to the house, I presume they had abandoned the lot because the house was missing.  

The message I received when trying to click on the mailbox was

"Traditional Mailbox 5.2: You need to be a Premium Member and own the plot here as your Linden Home to use the menu."

I was registered as the land owner, and I am a premium member, so I'm not sure why it gave me that error message. I abandoned the plot, and shortly after another person plopped in and they were having the same issue. 

My guess, is that the mailbox is not recognizing you as the owner of the plot.  When you click on the mailbox, do you get the same error message that I did, in your chat box?  

Edited by WillowTenage

2 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

My guess, is that the mailbox is not recognizing you as the owner of the plot.  When you click on the mailbox, do you get the same error message that I did, in your chat box?  

No, I don't get that error message at all. All it does in chat is repeat the text of what's in the mailbox buttons; <--(1) or (1)-->.

31 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

No, I don't get that error message at all. All it does in chat is repeat the text of what's in the mailbox buttons; <--(1) or (1)-->.

This has just also happened to a friend, unfortunately she had it decorated how she wanted, so now its a pile of floating boxes and tables etc, she looks like a two story garage sale, and does not know what to do. 

https://gyazo.com/ab576b2b0b598f841b47b112aa63bdf6  

We were setting up her SOLD sign and it went, which is even funnier. 

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

This has just also happened to a friend, unfortunately she had it decorated how she wanted, so now its a pile of floating boxes and tables etc, she looks like a two story garage sale, and does not know what to do. 

https://gyazo.com/ab576b2b0b598f841b47b112aa63bdf6  

We were setting up her SOLD sign and it went, which is even funnier. 

I must ask, what does she feed her dog to get agility of that caliber? 

• Haha 2

This happened me earlier unable to change my houses style, left it for a few hours and still the same, except silly old me got fed up and abandoned in the hopes I’d get another as easily as I got it the first time. Now there is someone with my old home appreciating what they were given unlike myself 😅 ... please everyone don’t do what I did , they’ll probably resolve it soon! Now I’m going finger happy refreshing the linden homes page hoping I’ll get another stroke of luck 😭

• Sad 2

The Mole who came to fix my mailbox said that anyone else with the same issue should file a support ticket. They just need to pop over and reset the scripts in the mailbox so don't forget to include a slurl.  Mine was fixed in a little over 12 hours.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

The Mole who came to fix my mailbox said that anyone else with the same issue should file a support ticket. They just need to pop over and reset the scripts in the mailbox so don't forget to include a slurl.  Mine was fixed in a little over 12 hours.

she did :) no luck so far 

https://gyazo.com/371f82087c72aa350dc28ba1270c0752

but she is making it work for her :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

she did :) no luck so far 

https://gyazo.com/371f82087c72aa350dc28ba1270c0752

but she is making it work for her :)

Yes, I am on my cross continent bike ride and took a photo too. SO CUTE!!!! and creative!!!!. 

I found another empty lot  but it just looked like folks were going to build "soon"  (as in sandy dirt LOL).  So not so much fun.  After about an hour with a few crashes at sim crossing I think I am about half way there. On the bridge over the inlet and will continue tomorrow. 

A very impressive ride! 

• Like 2

I have had the exact same problem. My house went pufff and dissapeared completly. The mailbox does nto work and gives the message: buttons; <--(1) or (1)-->. 

I have sent a ticket and I am waiting patiently for someone to come over and fix it for me. 🙂 Sigh, my furniture looks weird levitating in the air like that. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.