No more homes left?

Sarahbuxso

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

27 minutes ago, Sarahbuxso said:

Wow, I bet no one will move out now!

I'm a bit salty over the fact the orb I've used over the last year (since going premium and moving around) that cost me L$2K will either collect virtual dust, or become a virtual paperweight since I will no longer be allowed to use it. I use the Kray-5 by NeurolaB Inc--have always had the range set to 5m, 90-120 second eject from parcel (rather than TP home)--visitor tracking/email notifications. I've never had the need to use a blacklist, but it's nice to have the option. There's also a remote HUD (can control various versions of the Kray-5 across the grid, from wherever I may be). I doubt the provided orb/device will match it in both form (it looks like a computer server rack, fits with my interior) and functions.

It's the only rule I'm half against because regardless of my feelings, I do also understand the reasoning. But it's enough that I'm considering moving out.

If I could replace the scripts in the Kray-5 (since it's mod) with "Linden Approved" scripts, or be allowed to keep my orb while ensuring the settings met certain requirements, things would be different. I doubt either will be a possibility. I'll wait a bit longer for the provided orb/devices to arrive, to see what they can and can't do, before I make a final decision. 

I sold a plot north east of Jeogoet back in March, was going to go with Horizons as kind of an upgrade, but decided to make that a Plan B when I heard of SSP/Bellisseria. I've also been renting in the meantime, while at the same time making a list of potential locations for my Plan B. Yours is on that shortlist. 

My friend and I each managed to get one after about an hour and a half of occasionally refreshing the page. So there's still hope!

I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to play the shuffle game to try for a different lot, though :P

Sad the homes are gone so fast, never received email about when they would be rolled out.. been a premium member since day 1 from 2007, How was it that I didn`t find out until yesterday while on the site that the houses were even out yet.. ugh I hope linden labs creates more and fast.. Hopefully this time, premium members will be notified by email or something so we can know what day to expect them to be available to claim.. totally bummed now...:(

• Sad 1

You can "follow" this post in the forum, and if you have notifications set up for the forums, you'll be notified when Patch Linden makes any additional comments on that post:

Also, periodically check to see if there are new homes available.  Some people have been lucky and have checked at the right time, just after someone has abandoned one.  My friend left the select you home page up on her browser, and every time she went past her computer, hit refresh on the screen for a few minutes - she ended up being lucky and getting one of the new houses after they were officially 'sold out'.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Teager said:

My friend and I each managed to get one after about an hour and a half of occasionally refreshing the page. So there's still hope!

I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to play the shuffle game to try for a different lot, though :P

Got a home too, after refreshing the page for about half an hour and then clicking real fast when I got the offer 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe Matova said:

Sad the homes are gone so fast, never received email about when they would be rolled out.. been a premium member since day 1 from 2007, How was it that I didn`t find out until yesterday while on the site that the houses were even out yet.. ugh I hope linden labs creates more and fast.. Hopefully this time, premium members will be notified by email or something so we can know what day to expect them to be available to claim.. totally bummed now...:(

I actually expected to get an email also, even if a bit after the fact.

In addition to setting up your notifications so that you get notified if Patch updates that thread, you can also get notified when LL updates the Blogs - which is where the official announcement happened on this.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ANGELIQUE Foxdale said:

... in less than 48 hours all the new Linden homes/ Houseboats are all gone.  Colour me very disappointed!  I have been told that more will be released

Wow ! So glad my lady grabbed a place first night they opened. A houseboat too lucky us ! More importantly it shows there is still a HUGE demand for the game despite the current, ahem, wrinkles. :)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

In addition to setting up your notifications so that you get notified if Patch updates that thread, you can also get notified when LL updates the Blogs - which is where the official announcement happened on this.

I'm looking but haven't yet figured it out... where do you sign up for notifications about blog updates? 

17 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm looking but haven't yet figured it out... where do you sign up for notifications about blog updates? 

Pull up a specific Blog section - the previous announcement was in Featured News.  Then click the Follow button:

image.thumb.png.f64a0085fd898456198df08b63d4129c.png

When you click Follow, you can choose how to be notified:

image.png.6b95ac796812f4d2419ebe5c48aad970.png

The new page will let you select what you get emailed about.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

I'd like to see some new house designs. I love my lot, with both beach and road access, but I'd like something more interesting than a pseudo Cape Cod. The older Linden houses had more variety. The old A-frame would make a good beach house.

9 minutes ago, animats said:

I'd like to see some new house designs. I love my lot, with both beach and road access, but I'd like something more interesting than a pseudo Cape Cod. The older Linden houses had more variety. The old A-frame would make a good beach house.

There are more styles of homes that will be available in the coming months.  The traditional and the houseboat are the first release.  Patience.

26 minutes ago, animats said:

They have said there will be more themes/styles - we actually saw some other stuff being created in the more central part of the SSP regions.  Given all the current screaming about nothing being available, I'm betting they not only get some more houseboats outs soon, but also a few more of the current Traditional ones, before moving on to their other themes.

20 hours ago, Frederica Lexenstar said:

People are still shifting around. Keep trying. I got a nice house about 4 hrs ago.

I reloaded and reloaded for over a day and didn't get a chance at one of the new homes.  I've got two premium accounts and have had since the beginning. I didn't get any notifications, just an email that arrived after they were all gone.

4 minutes ago, Milarien Silverspar said:

I reloaded and reloaded for over a day and didn't get a chance at one of the new homes.  I've got two premium accounts and have had since the beginning. I didn't get any notifications, just an email that arrived after they were all gone.

There may not be much shuffling still being done.  I think that most people that were going to leave because of the covenant change did so on Wed and yesterday, opening up a few places.  There really might not be anything new available until the release the next batch.  At this point I'd find it too frustrating to sit on the web page constantly hitting the refresh/reload button.

Keep an eye on this thread though:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.