Is it possible to have another 1024 sqm land without rental increment if the current holdings are 4096 sqm only?

MeshPromo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please be kind to answer the following three questions:

1. Why "Allowed holdings" are 9216 sqm only? (Please see the screenshot below). What kind of reasons caused to make that limit (not having any LL warnings regarding lands or anything). Is that means not able to buy half sim in mainland?

2. Having a group owned land in mainland for over 3 months, its 4096 sqm. Why it isn't showing in "Current Holdings" in https://secondlife.com/my/account/index.php?lang=en-US ? (Please see the screenshot below)

2. So far all the land holdings are 4096 sqm only. Therefore is it possible to have another 1024 sqm land in mainland without increasing the "Total Monthly cost" as per this https://secondlife.com/land/pricing.php ?

Thanks for the answers.

604c9d0ab3bf1572154c123c81369956.png

20 minutes ago, MeshPromo said:

Please be kind to answer the following three questions:

1. Why "Allowed holdings" are 9216 sqm only? (Please see the screenshot below). What kind of reasons caused to make that limit (not having any LL warnings regarding lands or anything). Is that means not able to buy half sim in mainland?

2. Having a group owned land in mainland for over 3 months, its 4096 sqm. Why it isn't showing in "Current Holdings" in https://secondlife.com/my/account/index.php?lang=en-US ? (Please see the screenshot below)

2. So far all the land holdings are 4096 sqm only. Therefore is it possible to have another 1024 sqm land in mainland without increasing the "Total Monthly cost" as per this https://secondlife.com/land/pricing.php ?

Thanks for the answers.

1. it's only the current level of tier you are in, when you want more you simply can do so by setting the selection up ( at the btm of that page) or it will level up when you go over that limit.
2. donated tier isn't land , you did only give the tier to the group, and the group is owner, it will show up in group owned land.
2.2 with the current setting as you show, you can buy additional 5120 sqm more land without going up in tier. ( taking the mentioned 4096 is the donation)

• Like 1

Besides the Account section of the dashboard, look down at the Land Manager section. There, under Group Land, you should find the 4096 of group-donated tier that's your "Peak square meter usage" above. (A little confusion here, though: did you donate 4096 to the group, and the group only owns 4096? that should give the group a little spare tier corresponding to the 10% group bonus, in which case you may be able to withdraw some of that group tier donation and use it for yourself.)

The $22/month you're paying can cover more than 4096 because you also get 1024 Premium bonus, but you will pay more than $22 if you buy all that's shown as "Available for purchase." That's because, at some point, you raised you allowed tier to 8192, which is $35 per month.

You might start by going into the land fees page and updating your tier down to 4096, then see how much land you can own with the current $22/mo tier payment.

• Thanks 1

@Qie Niangao thanks for the answer.

So here is my calculation:

premium bonus: 1024 sqm

current land 4096sqm

Total: 5120 sqm

If all the lands donated to a group, then 10% bonus: 512

Total mainland land I can have for 22USD by donating to a group: 5632 sqm

One more question: To get the 10% bonus, do I have to donate all the lands to same group or can I donate the new 1536 sqm land to another group?

-

1 hour ago, Ethan Paslong said:

2.2 with the current setting as you show, you can buy additional 5120 sqm more land without going up in tier. ( taking the mentioned 4096 is the donation) 

Thanks for the answer. The only group owner of that donated group also me. So I pay the 22USD for the group owned land too. So what you say is I can have another 5120 sqm for free of tier? If this is true, the above my calculation is wrong.

Edited by MeshPromo

1 hour ago, MeshPromo said:

premium bonus: 1024 sqm

current land 4096sqm

Total: 5120 sqm

If all the lands donated to a group, then 10% bonus: 512

Total mainland land I can have for 22USD by donating to a group: 5632 sqm

One more question: To get the 10% bonus, do I have to donate all the lands to same group or can I donate the new 1536 sqm land to another group?

It can be donated to multiple groups, or you can take the 10% on only part of it and own the rest as an individual, not getting that 10%. (That's probably not important to you, but it's topical just now because the popular new Linden Homes cannot be group-owned, so they'd represent 1024 sqm that wouldn't be eligible for the 10% bonus.)

One caution though: the 10% bonus is subject to rounding-down if it doesn't work out to an even sq.m. -- and that's complicated by the fact parcels only come in 16 sqm quanta, so dividing the donation between groups may possibly lose a few square meters of rounding error.

For example, if your current group only wants to hold that 4096, it takes 3723.636363... sq.m. of tier, with 10% bonus, to cover 4096, but of course you'll need to contribute (the integer) 3724 sq.m. That leaves you 1396 of your original 5120 to use elsewhere but the largest real parcel another group could hold would be 1392 sq.m. because of that 16 sq.m. quantization of land... so splitting the allotment between groups cost a few sq.m. of rounding error.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

For example, if your current group only wants to hold that 4096, it takes 3723.636363... sq.m. of tier, with 10% bonus, to cover 4096, but of course you'll need to contribute (the integer) 3724 sq.m. That leaves you 1396 of your original 5120 to use elsewhere but the largest real parcel another group could hold would be 1392 sq.m. because of that 16 sq.m. quantization of land... so splitting the allotment between groups cost a few sq.m. of rounding error. 

Never thought of that, very valuable info.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.