Are we able to rez skyboxes/prims above these homes?

DJAmberUK

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I really love the look of these new Linden Homes, my question is are we able to rez skyboxes or prims above these homes past a certain point or not at all?

Reason I ask is because I want a place where I can have a photo shoot area and have all of my photo props in a separate place whilst the Linden Homes will be used for normal decor & pose stands/changing outfits etc.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, DJAmberUK said:

I really love the look of these new Linden Homes, my question is are we able to rez skyboxes or prims above these homes past a certain point or not at all?

Reason I ask is because I want a place where I can have a photo shoot area and have all of my photo props in a separate place whilst the Linden Homes will be used for normal decor & pose stands/changing outfits etc.

Read the covenant in your about land details.  ☺️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DJAmberUK said:

The covenant for this new continent states that skyboxes are allowed at 2000m and above.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

Read the covenant in your about land details.  ☺️

Thank you that is great news, last question: How will we be notified when the new homes are available and do you know roughly when that will be? I tried to get a free linden home but it's only showing the originals

38 minutes ago, DJAmberUK said:

Thank you that is great news, last question: How will we be notified when the new homes are available and do you know roughly when that will be? I tried to get a free linden home but it's only showing the originals

First, go to this thread:

In the top right is a button called "FOLLOW" (and a number of the current people following it) - click that button and you have a choice of notification methods. For these LL Homes, I recommend the first one: EMAIL when new content is posted. That way an email will be sent the moment a new post is added to that thread. :)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

First, go to this thread:

In the top right is a button called "FOLLOW" (and a number of the current people following it) - click that button and you have a choice of notification methods. For these LL Homes, I recommend the first one: EMAIL when new content is posted. That way an email will be sent the moment a new post is added to that thread. :)

Thanks love :)

• 2 weeks later...

Was bored and tried a few old school Linden homes while waiting for houseboats. Noted the land at the old regions have a 2010 covenant  saying no skyboxes BUT terms you agree to when you sign up for the old style homes says skyboxs ok for 2000m.

So, skyboxes are ok at the old 512 Linden homes now?

if the signup page that does say that we can have a skybox above a Linden Home, doesn't get re-worded then it is going to keep messing people up.  Could just change the text to say something like:  Sky boxes above the new 1024m Linden Homes are allowed. Skyboxes above the old 512m Linden Homes are not allowed  

Edited by Mollymews
a

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

No, that has not changed.  If you are in an old Linden Home, read the covenant .

I did read the covenant.... The old one that also states there are only 117 prims allowed. So it's wrong on that fact too! Now is 175 prims. 

Terms that are presented at point of obtaining a (new) old Linden Home (old style) now says 'no skyboxes below 2000m.  With a check box to Agree to it 

And I'm up there...  With a few other neighbors that are utilizing that ability

Edited by TechDave

You're right.   The Knowledge Base and signup page apparently need work.  If you go to the old Linden Homes and use About Land to read the covenant on any parcel -- as I did before posting earlier -- you'll see that it has not changed

44f02bf06ffd35c200656397b9f33424.png

You are still not allowed to have skyboxes there.  I'll submitted a Support Case to let Linden Lab know that the documentation on line is inconsistent with the reality in world.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 2

I believe the check box, as it's closer to my RL credit card!

I don't get to the incorrect covenant until after arriving inside our virtual world! Of course we all know that everything inworld is truely a Fantasy!!

Edited by TechDave
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

The clearest thing would be that now skyboxes would be allowed in the old Linden homes too.
Or would it do some harm if they were allowed? 🤷‍♀️

It wouldn't really help anything though.  Patch has already said that those homes will be phased out after the new stuff is fully built out.  Sometime in the next year or two, those homes will be gone.

28 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It wouldn't really help anything though.  Patch has already said that those homes will be phased out after the new stuff is fully built out.  Sometime in the next year or two, those homes will be gone.

I can't wait for them to go. My hope is that LL will make the type continents as Bellissaria, and other styles that they plan. But with the exception that the plots are empty, with protected land around, and it should be possible to get 2048 plots.

Then we could pick homes ourself.

Water continents with islands would be popular.

I also wish they make "skybox only" continents. The unused Mainland could be changed to that with minimal work. Isn't some continents (almost) abandoned and empty?

• Like 2

On 4/28/2019 at 8:00 AM, Marianne Little said:

I can't wait for them to go. My hope is that LL will make the type continents as Bellissaria, and other styles that they plan. But with the exception that the plots are empty, with protected land around, and it should be possible to get 2048 plots.

Then we could pick homes ourself.

I agree @Marianne Little. A place like Blumfield, Shermerville, and/or the Bay City areas, but with covenants more like Linden Homes, (without the requirement of homes), would be great. I would happily relocate my Blumfield store if they added covenants to disallow the 10 story hotel and rental parcels near me.

It would also be nice if LL created a Linden Shops area similar to Linden Homes, but specifically for shops that you can sell things. I would even be okay if they required LL store buildings like current residential houses. I don't need a monster mall for my shop, just a 512 or 1024 for a little store. I'd also be fine with not having to compete with a huge mega mall right nearby.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sean Heavy said:

would also be nice if LL created a Linden Shops area similar to Linden Homes, but specifically for shops that you can sell things. 

I would have to feel that the one stipulation of the formal Linden Home covenant where 'no commercial activity is allow' is going to remain rigidly in place and enforced.

It's already been pointed out somewhere here in other forum threads. Someone was posting about where decortive items could be purchased, and just that form of discussion was frowned upon. So definitely no selling... Further not any kinds of advertising either in Linden Homes.

20 minutes ago, TechDave said:

I would have to feel that the one stipulation of the formal Linden Home covenant where 'no commercial activity is allow' is going to remain rigidly in place and enforced.

It's already been pointed out somewhere here in other forum threads. Someone was posting about where decortive items could be purchased, and just that form of discussion was frowned upon. So definitely no selling... Further not any kinds of advertising either in Linden Homes.

I agree Dave. There should not be any commercial activity in Residential Linden Homes; I would never get one if it was.

What I would get in addition to my Residential Linden Home is a Commercial Linden Shop, likely on a completely different/new continent. As long as the covenants are similar to the residential homes, but intended only for commercial shops. For example, it could come with various choices of buildings that you could use for your store. Parcels would be limited to only 512, 1024 and maybe 2048, and not allowed to combine or split or sell, just like Linden Homes. It would even be nice if it was free with a premium account like the homes, but I wouldn't mind even paying a small fee to get it.

16 hours ago, Sean Heavy said:

I agree @Marianne Little. A place like Blumfield, Shermerville, and/or the Bay City areas, but with covenants more like Linden Homes, (without the requirement of homes), would be great. I would happily relocate my Blumfield store if they added covenants to disallow the 10 story hotel and rental parcels near me.

It would also be nice if LL created a Linden Shops area similar to Linden Homes, but specifically for shops that you can sell things. I would even be okay if they required LL store buildings like current residential houses. I don't need a monster mall for my shop, just a 512 or 1024 for a little store. I'd also be fine with not having to compete with a huge mega mall right nearby.

15 hours ago, TechDave said:

Well there could be seperate areas- a living area and a shopping area like a little downtown in a small city were you ca buy your stuff. As long as the covenant says that the shopowners must take the (nice and fitting) shops provided and are only allowed to rezz in the inside why not have shops? I lived for a very long time in the cite de coer that looks like french countryside and they rent out little shops in the shopping areas aswell as houses ... and the shopowners are expected to sell things in style and decorate in style.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.