Gesture

Lureo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today I was fishing and a friend of my send a text in the local chat

><((((º>  Thanks for the Fishies <º))))><
                  |\                               /|
                  |  \     ☻            ☻    / |
                  |    \ / ▌\         / ▌\ /   |
                  |       / \    ♥     / \       |
        ~*~*  ><((((º>ʂ<º))))><  *~*~

I ask her how she did. At first I though it was copy past. But it is not easy to have a text file with such  things...

she said : it is a gesture ???

Untill now gesture was gesture. How was we write something with a gesture. I must say tha I never used gesture. I try it and find it so hard to find.

Open inventore > scroll scroll sroll > find gesture > and then click or I don't know how to use it.

My question is What can we do with gesture ? Why gesture is not esy to use. In RL we don't have to scroll scroll scroll to find a gesture. And last question how to write that kind of thing.

1 minute ago, Lureo said:

Today I was fishing and a friend of my send a text in the local chat

><((((º>  Thanks for the Fishies <º))))><
                  |\                               /|
                  |  \     ☻            ☻    / |
                  |    \ / ▌\         / ▌\ /   |
                  |       / \    ♥     / \       |
        ~*~*  ><((((º>ʂ<º))))><  *~*~

I ask her how she did. At first I though it was copy past. But it is not easy to have a text file with such  things...

she said : it is a gesture ???

Untill now gesture was gesture. How was we write something with a gesture. I must say tha I never used gesture. I try it and find it so hard to find.

Open inventore > scroll scroll sroll > find gesture > and then click or I don't know how to use it.

My question is What can we do with gesture ? Why gesture is not esy to use. In RL we don't have to scroll scroll scroll to find a gesture. And last question how to write that kind of thing.

All there in the knowledge base 

My advice. Don't gesturbate.  It is frowned on in a lot of places.  Spams local chat and is extremely annoying

• Like 2

Starting to understand the instruction. It is explained how to create a gesture. But  How to replace a gesture by a text ? It is not explained. 

I have trigger /hey 

I imagine you can have other code ? Where is the list ?

I suppose this is a code. You need to know that /hey mean something,

Replace with  Hey!

Where can I replace a gesture by a text ?

Edited by Lureo

Reading the instruction For the first time I see the difference between play localy and in word

I always play localy because I never understood what in word means and actually localy means only for me ???

32 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

My advice. Don't gesturbate

I couldn't agree more.

But when you can't think of anything useful to say in chat, especially at parties and dances, and you want to get yourself noticed, then gestures are just the thing for you - whooooooo-hooooooooooo!!!! Be sure to get the gestures that flood the parcel audio with loud, funny noises, too. With a bit of practice, and the help of a couple of like-minded friends, you can completely command the local chat by making it scroll off so fast, and you've swamped the audio too. I've seen (and heard it) at dances sometimes. Its very effective.

I won't be staying there to listen to them though - they drive me insane.

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Lureo said:

I imagine you can have other code ? Where is the list ?

But  How to replace a gesture by a text ?

Where can I replace a gesture by a text ?

localy means only for me ???

for goodness sake....  read the link as given by Cindy

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Lureo said:

Reading such long page in english demands me such huge effort. You cannot imagine. If I can just the the paragraphe it helps a lot. I re-read it and re-did not find the part I was looking for.

might be here too... or paste the paragraphs in google translate

d0808644fddd39cd5fe3811283c92fbc.png

/me grimaces.

I prefer chat emotes to gestures.  However...

A gesture is a combination of things.  It's used to better express yourself.  Gestures may contain sounds, animations, and text chat.  Many contain all three.  The "picture" of the kitty the OP describes is nothing more than several lines of text.  Therefore, it's part of the gesture.

Gestures can be triggered in either of two ways: by a hotkey that you assign when you create the gesture, or by a chat trigger...a word that is preceded by a forward slash.  Thus, /hey triggers the "hello" gesture, which includes a sound ("Hey!") and a hand wave animation.

A gesture must be active to be used.  Gestures are usually found in the Gestures folder of your inventory, but they might be in other folders, too.  You can use an inventory filter to be able to find them.  A gesture is active if it is in boldface in your inventory.  To activate a gesture, right click it in your inventory and choose Activate.

You can create your own gestures using the Gesture Editor, as explained in the link Cindy gave.

See this image for a clue as to how to add chat text to a gesture.

gesture.png.f0cb427686e138babcb77fa922ff0aa2.png

• Like 4

On 4/18/2019 at 3:19 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

/me grimaces.

Me too!

I much prefer plain, simple chat gestures,

Maybe if I hadn't have been too quick to jump in with a sarcastic (but nevertheless, heartfelt) comment, I could have given a really nice explanation like that. Nice one, Lindal 👍

thank you Lindal...  and I found other helps because retrun line didn't be used. It was not possible to put an assci art for example.  I will try this method.  If is not a question if it is good or not or if emote is good etc.. It is just the question how to do it. After how we use and what do we prefer is an other story.

This is my learning curve. 

http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/147/b2/337351/1.html

Maybe one day I will discover how to put picture in profile and how to user other font. But now I am in Gesture.

Edited by Lureo

Even for gesture gesture. I always wanted to know how to have real gesture. Movement or face expression. I find hard to clic clic clic clic to just move my hand. they should be an easy way to use maybe on day I will discover it. But now I learn that you could create a short cut /something maybe that the way I should use it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.