Lost interest in SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

38 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

seriously ?? ..join date... thats pretty fast .. it's that i don't like fem clothes otherwise i'd start to wonder : can i have your stuff

f445c8ceb04d388a0b827067f63184c7.png

ba8efb33d57098011d090cb7faf81e2e.png

Hahaha even if you did, wouldn't be able to transfer anyway lol.

Nah honestly though, I didn't lose interest 'cause I got bored. More like I got addicted to taking pictures which I can't do as seamlessly now, and doing anything else inworld just doesn't fill that void so I can't be bothered to log on anymore. And now you guys have to put up with me here xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Pff. Tell me this doesn't excite you: Handcuffs + Blindfold = ...

Running the sum of those two into the anagram generator, I get some things to ponder:

• Bold CD huffs Finland (I hadn't realized the country was psychoactive)
  • Buff CD finds Holland (and probably tries to huff it as well)
  • Donald dish fluff NBC (After Fox dishes the fluff to Donald?)

I could go on.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Running the sum of those two into the anagram generator, I get some things to ponder:

• Bold CD huffs Finland (I hadn't realized the country was psychoactive)
  • Buff CD finds Holland (and probably tries to huff it as well)
  • Donald dish fluff NBC (After Fox dishes the fluff to Donald?)

I could go on.

You should turn that into a forum game.... somehow.

This happens to everybody in SL at some point. Its more common when you have been around Sl for many years like i have. I have taken breaks for several months at a time before, Going on 13 years here i sometimes need to get away and do other things for a while. So give yourself opportunity to come up with new ideas for things you want to do in SL. Find some inspiration and pick up a new hobby such as blogging, photography, maybe even creating some things. Getting involved in something new and interacting with others that also do that thing create a whole new experience for you. You will find yourself excited about SL again and always looking for new inspiration.

3 minutes ago, Theda Wytchwood said:

This happens to everybody many people in SL at some point.

It's true that most people's interests change over time.  SL changes too, so old familiar places disappear and are replaced by new ones.  Friends leave or die.  It's remarkably like Real Life™.  The only real difference is that you can walk away from SL for a while.  Some people do.  The other option is to do what you would do in the rest of your life: reinvent yourself or find a new place or a new set of friends to hang out with.  With a bit of imagination, you can adapt as SL changes around you and as you stay alert to new opportunities.  I've been around for twelve and a half years myself and have changed direction several times. 

• Like 1

I know my biggest disadvantage right now is that I just don't have the time to invest in SL to get the immersive experience I once had. It takes a while to find your places and your people, and to style your av. I still can't find a mesh head or skin that I like (I want pretty, but I don't like those extreme supermodel faces with razor sharp cheekbones and bee-stung lips and I'm finding it hard to find anything else, though the profile pics on here suggest they are out there!), my thighs are still poking out of my jeans despite showing up as invisible on the HUD. Even if I did know where to go and had a new circle, I have too little time available to get stuck into it properly. I got some great advice a few months ago on travelling the grid, but I'm hitting all the same problems I had last time...sigh.

When I do get the time, I pop in and just see what I feel like exploring today. Might be funfairs, space stations or haunted houses. I'd love to get into RP again but it takes time to find the right place and then even if I found it, I just don't have the time to get immersed in it. It's a shame but there it is. Maybe in the future. SL will still be here, Tilia notwithstanding.

Over the years, I've found it's very healthy to take breaks from SL. I left for a year once, a couple months here and there, more frequently a week or so. Something always brings me back and I enjoy it all over again, but I don't think there is anything wrong with logging out for however log it takes before you really want to log back in again.

When it's not fun any longer, and logging in feels like more of an obligation, it's time for a break. 

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Over the years, I've found it's very healthy to take breaks from SL. I left for a year once, a couple months here and there, more frequently a week or so. Something always brings me back and I enjoy it all over again, but I don't think there is anything wrong with logging out for however log it takes before you really want to log back in again.

When it's not fun any longer, and logging in feels like more of an obligation, it's time for a break. 

^ This. 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Frederika Rayna said:

well, there is always Sansar now!

Yes wander around and see someone once a week if some of the average 11 or so concurrent users happens to be visiting the same experience

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.