Owning Land

mundy01

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I bought some land from the Auction. It has been a couple of days ago and now it is telling me that I can not plant trees on it.

How can I change this? I thought I have read everything about owning but nothing said what I should do?? 

1 answer to this question

Hi Mundy!

I expect you mean those awful looking "Linden plants" (and trees) that you can rez using your Build menu.  (They are an option in the Object Type list).

Linden trees and plants can only be rezzed if you are the land owner, or if you are a member of the group the land is deeded to (and as an auction winner, you should be both!)

Also, you must be able to edit the terrain.  If you personally own the land, this should not be a problem.  If the land is deeded to a group, open the group's Info window, and look in the Members&Roles tab, Abilities sub-tab.  Under Parcel Powers, make sure "Always allow "Edit Terrain"" is checked.

If all of these don't fix the problem, be very sure you are 1) actually on the right land parcel, and 2) not standing too near the parcel border, or 3) letting your camera position cross the parcel border.

And, if THAT doesn't work...don't despair.  Linden trees and plants may be cheap (free!) and they have very low land impact (1 per plant), but almost everyone in SL thinks they look ugly.  There are a great many better looking trees and plants for sale by resident creators.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.