Jump to content
Gingir Ghoststar

What else would you guys like to see added to the new Linden Home Continent?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

Precisely. Though it's maybe not wise to give people ideas. Hahaha!

I suspect that people already have ideas. And that they usually take other people's sensibilities into consideration, regardless of what they may be allowed to do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So nude sunbathing, or just being naked in general are things I do. Now, lets all say that being nude on your linden home parcel is well within the scope of Moderate-rated land and I'm sitting on my deck with a friend or two who also enjoy being nude. Lets say that I don't have parcel invisibility enabled (because its nice to have a body to one's radar message that "XYZ Resident entered chat range) and along walks a group of people, one of whom is playing as a child. I am fairly sure that this group will AR myself and my friends for just existing, on land that they happened to see. I could almost guarantee it if myself and my friends were at the public beach that is just outside of my linden home. LL may not act upon the AR and the point is that I have made people uncomfortable enough that they took the time to not only whine and complain but they've also probably taken better pictures of us than I ever could. lol *note to AR-senders: send me a picture too!*

My desire for adult rated linden home land is a double sided street. People playing children make me exceedingly uncomfortable. Just as they do in RL.  Child-playing avatars generally tend to stay off Adult sims/regions (whatever we're calling them now) and that is why I also desire the ability to choose the maturity rating of my linden home's location. Sure, I could AR the child avatar 'for making me uncomfortable" which, in reality, would be the reason THEY would AR me, for not having clothes on. The reality of it is, I don't care what you do with your SL. You should also not care what I'm doing if it doesn't directly involve you. The only time I do care, is when you attempt to smother me with your beliefs.

If "AR what you don't like looking at" becomes a fad or solution to this, then I fear we're all missing the point by a long shot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, November Velde said:

Lets say that I don't have parcel invisibility enabled (because its nice to have a body to one's radar message that "XYZ Resident entered chat range) and along walks a group of people, one of whom is playing as a child. I am fairly sure that this group will AR myself and my friends for just existing, on land that they happened to see. I could almost guarantee it if myself and my friends were at the public beach that is just outside of my linden home. LL may not act upon the AR and the point is that I have made people uncomfortable enough that they took the time to not only whine and complain but they've also probably taken better pictures of us than I ever could. lol *note to AR-senders: send me a picture too!*

5

I stopped reading after this statement, only for time reasons, not because I wasn't interested in reading.  This: "Let's say that I don't have parcel invisibility enabled (because its nice to have a body to one's radar message that "XYZ Resident entered chat range) and along walks a group of people, one of whom is playing as a child." - NOTHING WRONG with it. There are many "family-friendly nude beaches" on M-rated land - I am not defending nor decrying the ethics of them - but they are 100% "legal" in TOS terms.

It is *sexual* activity or open sex-advertising that is not allowed on M-Rated land for *anyone* - not just SL-Kid avatars. Full-Monty nudity is 100% allowed, even with and including SL-Kid avatars. I also reiterate: I am not saying I agree or disagree with it all, I'm just saying it is TOS-Legal.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A drive-in theater? Some other types of community entertainment areas (forgive the chemo brain, I can't think of any others right now lol)? I'm really enjoying seeing the focus on community again.  I've bounced around to several of the pools and beaches and they look great! I can't wait to get my home and start meeting people. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to see a winding walking path through the homes.

I'd also like to plan a garden walk at some time so people can create a sense of community and show off how they have decorated their places.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2019 at 12:41 PM, animats said:

edgeofworldbuoy.png.4e1090515e35b6257fb788a902b016de.png

Edge of the world! Do not go beyond here!

When you hit the edge of the world, you do stop, with a little bounce. You can't fall off or get autoreturned.

Which side(s) of this marker are VOID and which are navigable, if there is a way to tell?  I do know now that seeing these means I'm approaching a Region corner, but I usually find out the hard way it's an outside corner.... and sailing vessels don't always have a Reverse :D  so I bump along like a fly against a pane of glass until I can catch some wind and get my bearings... or crash bouncing back and forth over a SIM crossing.  I'm a rather lazy sailor, gawking at whatever catches my eye, easily distracted by "ohh, shiny, pretty" things and all water just looks like beautiful open water when I putter along without paying enough attention to the Map... but maybe I'm the only one!  :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

Which side(s) of this marker are VOID and which are navigable, if there is a way to tell?

I'm not a sailor, but my first guess would be that if you can see the land, you ought to stay on that side of the buoy.  If you can't see the land, keep your mini-map open so you can see the big black area on the other side of the buoy.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

How about some horse trails? 😃

Yes, this! Horse and bike trails would be lovely!

I'd also love some larger inland community areas as you fill in sims in the future! The Hartnell community pool area, for example, is a really great size for a public gathering spot. But the other community areas I've found or visited (except the lighthouse islands) feel slightly claustrophobic to me, and I wonder if others feel the same way. I like to have lots of room for my camera! I would enjoy spending more time in community areas with large, open, airy spaces. Larger community gathering points would also serve to break up the cookie-cutter feeling as you move further inland, and add more scenic value to homes father from the shore :)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is random, but how about a Linden/Mole owned "Home and Garden" type store that sells copy/mod, no trans items they have used around the continent? So literally a building somewhere people can walk into and purchase items that are Linden owned. I know there's the customisation pack in the mailbox of our rentals, but I mean things like the old stone walls, or brick paths, or garden chairs, or docks, or things that weren't included for free. If people can actually purchase items that they literally see just outside their door it may help encourage and maintain the look LL and the Moles have worked so hard to achieve. As an added bonus people could actually physically visit (as opposed to cam-in) and meet neighbours that way? Expanding on that...

I'd love to see a handful of generic stores the Lindens/Moles create that continue fostering this community/light RP vibe; a café? A diner? Things along that route that gets people out and mingling beyond a park bench and a nice view of nature. I want to stress I don't want actual user-owned stores. If people want to sell items they have the ability to do that elsewhere already. But I'm talking about Linden/Mole designed and owned. No player owns it. No player runs it. No player can decorate it. No player can rez there. We can just walk in, sit down, meet and mingle with others over "morning coffee" with a sense of purpose. Those that want to engage in light RP can, or just take pics, or watch the virtual world go by. Having the ability to meet people at a park for example is a little hit and miss, because some people don't want to "disturb" others, but at least in a café it feels more purposefully social? In some of the Linden Homes topics here on the forums there's already been people opening their houses for people to come and visit. And in the Belliseria group last night people asking the same thing, so there is a demand, however niche it may be. Having an actual café where people can meet would allow these people to use their homes as homes, and get those who want to just get out and mingle another avenue to do so. Maybe I'm just overthinking it. But yes, it's just a slight extension on an existing theme with the community areas that have already been created (and are fantastic btw, thank you!!).

Oh... and I'd love to see a more urban area, and a trailer park for those who enjoy a more grungier life style, and some visual/structural variety away from our present (albeit lovely) cookie cutter suburbs. Maybe that's what those orange blocks in SSPE are going to be? 😊

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RaeLeeH said:

Oh... and I'd love to see a more urban area, and a trailer park for those who enjoy a more grungier life style, and some visual/structural variety away from our present (albeit lovely) cookie cutter suburbs. Maybe that's what those orange blocks in SSPE are going to be? 😊

Well many of us "think" there are trailers in the works. The current guess is 512 "lots" for the folks that just want to move over from old Linden Homes and have a 512 (maybe a business) that they want to keep. It is seemingly plotted out at SSP84 and before there were trees, there were "trailer like" rectangles  on the map -- more numerous than would be on a 1024 plot sim. Later they added the flora and road and the buildings disappeared.  Blush figured out that the "trailers" (now gone) would fit perfectly into the mix. You might know all that of course.

Re the commercial aspect, we have ideas on that to on the SSP thread.  Honestly I don't care about actually being able to buy things (there may be a deal that LL -- and moles can't SELL things other than freebies and freebies would be good ----- BUT I do agree that some sort of commercial area even if just empty buildings is needed for emmersiveness. Right now ALL we have are homes. Many many homes. Very pretty --- but somehow that is ODD. All roleplay areas that I have been in have commercial areas (either real or just facades) to make things more authentic.  

Likely The Lab has already thought about this and possibly the area over at SSP that we "think " might be commercial is one of the places that will become so. 

Fun to watch.   

PS. I haven't read this thread so my comments may have already been stated :D.   

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well many of us "think" there are trailers in the works. The current guess is 512 "lots" for the folks that just want to move over from old Linden Homes and have a 512 (maybe a business) that they want to keep. It is seemingly plotted out at SSP84 and before there were trees, there were "trailer like" rectangles  on the map -- more numerous than would be on a 1024 plot sim. Later they added the flora and road and the buildings disappeared.  Blush figured out that the "trailers" (now gone) would fit perfectly into the mix. You might know all that of course.

Re the commercial aspect, we have ideas on that to on the SSP thread.  Honestly I don't care about actually being able to buy things (there may be a deal that LL -- and moles can't SELL things other than freebies and freebies would be good ----- BUT I do agree that some sort of commercial area even if just empty buildings is needed for emmersiveness. Right now ALL we have are homes. Many many homes. Very pretty --- but somehow that is ODD. All roleplay areas that I have been in have commercial areas (either real or just facades) to make things more authentic.  

Likely The Lab has already thought about this and possibly the area over at SSP that we "think " might be commercial is one of the places that will become so. 

Fun to watch.   

PS. I haven't read this thread so my comments may have already been stated :D.   

 

Some fake stores would be very cute. Imagine a little supermarket, or a bookstore or something. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MarzipanJones said:

I'd love to see a winding walking path through the homes.

The old Linden Homes continents have those. They are not used much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, animats said:
4 hours ago, MarzipanJones said:

I'd love to see a winding walking path through the homes.

The old Linden Homes continents have those. They are not used much.

If you are very careful, you can turn on World >>> Show >>> Property Lines and then stroll between resident parcels without stepping into any of them and waking the guard dogs. The home parcels do not touch each other, so you can always find a way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, animats said:

The old Linden Homes continents have those. They are not used much.

Not about use :D. About "feel".  LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Not about use. About "feel".  LOL

Good point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, stlshayne said:

Some fake stores would be very cute. Imagine a little supermarket, or a bookstore or something. 

Some ambitious land baron could buy up those useless sims on the south coast of Sansara and put in commercial services for Belessaria.

And someone did.

commercialnearbellasaria.thumb.jpg.d5b63ee07b6885010aa1aee4b828eb35.jpg

Commercial property for rent near Bellesaria. Little lots, rather isolated, at the base of a cliff, but commercial. So far,  no takers.

Edited by animats
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like the ability on ANY continent to not have to hear auto-play media on adjacent parcels without having to globally turn the auto-play setting off in my preferences. I don't think reasonable that only current solution is to globally turn auto-play media off in our preference settings. There needs to be a finer grained level of control especially on parcels you own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jaauuwn said:

I would like the ability on ANY continent to not have to hear auto-play media on adjacent parcels without having to globally turn the auto-play setting off in my preferences. I don't think reasonable that only current solution is to globally turn auto-play media off in our preference settings. There needs to be a finer grained level of control especially on parcels you own. 

This. Or just require sounds to be restricted to parcel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be great to have some type of community art parties / talent shows etc.  even just a cool bulletin board with social media type features in the common areas would be fun.  

Also, live bands on roof tops . 

 

Too much?  Ya probably.  I would love a way to play my guitar with others nearby In the game though.  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

I'm not a sailor, but my first guess would be that if you can see the land, you ought to stay on that side of the buoy.  If you can't see the land, keep your mini-map open so you can see the big black area on the other side of the buoy.

You *will* see land unless draw distance is set to less than 30 meters. But the general rule is whichever side of the buoy you already are on? That's the safe side.

13 hours ago, Teager said:

Yes, this! Horse and bike trails would be lovely! :)

 

This would be an acceptable substitute for railroad tracks, please send a note to @Patch Linden

12 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

This is random, but how about a Linden/Mole owned "Home and Garden" type store that sells copy/mod, no trans items they have used around the continent? 

 

This is pretty common and on each continent so far, so I would be hopeful it will be forthcoming eventually, I know I've grabbed everything fro Heterocera Atoll and Bay City (the only places I've wanted or needed them). I'm not sure, but I think you can search  "places" for "Mole Store" or something like that. The Bay City one I found by accident.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

This is random, but how about a Linden/Mole owned "Home and Garden" type store that sells copy/mod, no trans items they have used around the continent? So literally a building somewhere people can walk into and purchase items that are Linden owned. I know there's the customisation pack in the mailbox of our rentals, but I mean things like the old stone walls, or brick paths, or garden chairs, or docks, or things that weren't included for free. If people can actually purchase items that they literally see just outside their door it may help encourage and maintain the look LL and the Moles have worked so hard to achieve. As an added bonus people could actually physically visit (as opposed to cam-in) and meet neighbours that way? Expanding on that...? 😊

I love what they made, but it is so high LI. No way I am going to have a plant to 8 LI. All these flowers is 29 LI.

I have not inspected the benches, chairs or the gazebos, but I suspect the garden chairs is over 5 LI. They look lovely and the Moles has done a great job making these nice spots, but I can't/won't use furniture with that LI for a single wooden chair.

58658629_gardench_002.thumb.png.1096c9caf87b015d5b1b26556e816634.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...