Scripts Start Slowly

Bloodsong Termagant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i'm having a strange issue, wherein when i save a script, it doesn't seem to restart immediately, but may take several seconds.

i'm having it send a "reload" link message to another script on default state entry.  normally, i expect it to run just after i get the 'save complete!' message, and the other script to respond right away, as well.

i am using mono scripts.  i am on firestorm.  if those make any difference.

my question is... is this an issue i should look into reporting?  i keep asking people if they are experiencing the same thing, but... i don't actually hang out with a lot of scriptors :X

2 answers to this question

How do you know it is slow starting? If you are going on just your perception, you need to consider how to quantify it and provide objective numbers.

Is the experience in just one region or all regions (well... try a few)? You might try the RC Channel sandboxes. They are empty regions often with no one using them.

Do you see the delay when using the Linden Default Viewer? For any bug report you will have to test with their viewer.

The last two sim updates have added more logging for the TP/Crossing disconnects. This could conceivably add a delay. Unlikely but possible.

The viewer is a script editor. The script lives and runs on the simulators. So, which viewer you are using should make very little if any difference. The time from save to run will have a network speed factor. Check your Ping, Packet Loss to see if your connection is adding some time.

If you are still convinced there is a problem, whether you file a Bug Report is a matter of how well you can quantify the problem and whether you can reliably repeat the problem. I suggest you ask in a couple of SL scripting groups in world. Try different times of day. Peak use is at 2-3PM SLT. By 2-3AM you have a different set of users.

I have been debugging and testing scripts for my H-160 Paint kits over the last two weeks. I haven't noticed a slow down.

I have noticed that script release time for script assets that are not yet cached on a region server seem to have longer release delays in regions with the OS code upgrade than in regions without. I've seen this every since it started on Cake RC regions.

Sadly, the OS code upgrade is now grid-wide so every region has this issue.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.