Jump to content
Constantine Linden

Security/Privacy and New Linden Homes

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Well, I was thinking in terms of the homeowner being there and wanting to move around, and I have no idea what happens if you try that inside of a solid prim!

I understand, I thought about it as harmless fun, someone nosy can't get in when you're away. Didn't get that it was when the homeowner was there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I understand, I thought about it as harmless fun, someone nosy can't get in when you're away. Didn't get that it was when the homeowner was there.

Yeah, I was having fun with it, but the question raised by the poster was how to keep people from coming in while she is at home.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 7:58 PM, Gryphon Ronas said:

Somewhere in the in-between of posts and replies I outlined my personal policy. But yes, this all the way.

In fact my orb's message actually addresses that, it says 

If you were invited, Welcome!  If you are flying over, Have a nice flight, Otherwise, Sayonara.

 

Are custom orbs still allowed, actually? The updated start-post says "Once those are added to the Linden Homes Content Packs, the use of other scripted security devices will not be allowed and this will be noted in an update to the Linden Homes covenant." I think they are distributed now via the Content Pack (which is how I got mine).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2019 at 7:23 PM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Well, I was thinking in terms of the homeowner being there and wanting to move around, and I have no idea what happens if you try that inside of a solid prim!

 

Solid prim is the way to go! :) If you try to sit on a (sittable) prim/chair inside another prim, the system will tell you, "No room to sit here!"

 

EDIT: Sadly, if you put an entirely solid (invisible) prim around your home, you'll be pushed out yourself too, LOL. But nothing will prevent someone from making some sort of collision-detection (maybe even llVolumeDetect, for when you're TP-ing in directly), to make the prim hollow, when you enter yourself, but leave it non-hollow for when you are absent (llVolumeDetect really works wonders for that).

Edited by kiramanell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Are custom orbs still allowed, actually? The updated start-post says "Once those are added to the Linden Homes Content Packs, the use of other scripted security devices will not be allowed and this will be noted in an update to the Linden Homes covenant." I think they are distributed now via the Content Pack (which is how I got mine).

Yes.  Take a look at what Dyna Mole said on May 21 >>> 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Yes.  Take a look at what Dyna Mole said on May 21 >>> 

 

 

Cool. :) Thx.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 6:53 PM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

That reminds me of a suggestion someone made in one of the threads about making a big hollow cube to go around your home, then making it invisible. If someone tries to walk into your home, they smack their face against the invisible wall. lol

 

Today I actually created an idea similar like this. :) The cube's default state is not-hollowed, and encompasses the entire boat (but not beyond it). It's invisible, of course. With a small script, based on a doormat collision. When I step on it, it sets the physics shape of the cube to 'none', allowing me to enter (and set to 'prim' again, should I leave).

Now, the elegance of this idea is, that no one can try and sit on anything inside my home, when I'm absent; and nor can they TP in; which is to say, they can TP in, but the system gently pushes/nudges them outside of the prim (that's not me doing that, just the LL system).

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

 

Today I actually created an idea similar like this. :) The cube's default state is not-hollowed, and encompasses the entire boat (but not beyond it). It's invisible, of course. With a small script, based on a doormat collision. When I step on it, it sets the physics shape of the cube to 'none', allowing me to enter (and set to 'prim' again, should I leave).

Now, the elegance of this idea is, that no one can try and sit on anything inside my home, when I'm absent; and nor can they TP in; which is to say, they can TP in, but the system gently pushes/nudges them outside of the prim (that's not me doing that, just the LL system).

Now make me one that sets the intruder on fire! That's not mentioned in the covenant, so I'm sure it's OK. lol

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Now make me one that sets the intruder on fire! That's not mentioned in the covenant, so I'm sure it's OK. lol

My old tropical island had several places where, if visitors dwelled long enough, they'd be engulfed in fire. As you might expect, this actually attracted more visitors.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

My old tropical island had several places where, if visitors dwelled long enough, they'd be engulfed in fire. As you might expect, this actually attracted more visitors.

Oh, I remember your fireballs well, and am sure I voluntarily got myself torched many times.

Actually, I could just park you in my living room and let YOU set intruders on fire. You are lower-LI than the official security orbs.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like good idea  ^.^ now if only one the future house styles they add would be a Victorian style Id be thrilled.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2019 at 8:43 PM, kiramanell said:

 

Today I actually created an idea similar like this. :) The cube's default state is not-hollowed, and encompasses the entire boat (but not beyond it). It's invisible, of course. With a small script, based on a doormat collision. When I step on it, it sets the physics shape of the cube to 'none', allowing me to enter (and set to 'prim' again, should I leave).

Now, the elegance of this idea is, that no one can try and sit on anything inside my home, when I'm absent; and nor can they TP in; which is to say, they can TP in, but the system gently pushes/nudges them outside of the prim (that's not me doing that, just the LL system).

Wonderfull! You should sell that on the MP!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2019 at 1:03 PM, Leora Jacobus said:

Wonderfull! You should sell that on the MP!

 

LOL. It's too simple a tool, really, to sell. But, since you asked, I listed it anyway. 😛 For LL $1 (it wouldn't let me give it away for free). See 

No Life Invader

Like I said, it's such a trivial thing, I feel kinda embarrassed even putting it up; but maybe someone will find it useful, who knows.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more question: In case you have alts (or friends) that form a group to which the parcel is deeded (or made over - or ???) in other words: if several avatars are living there together, can they be put on a notecard or can the script be altered?

Or is that just for a single person living there all alone - that never has friends visiting even?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

One more question: In case you have alts (or friends) that form a group to which the parcel is deeded (or made over - or ???) in other words: if several avatars are living there together, can they be put on a notecard or can the script be altered?

Or is that just for a single person living there all alone - that never has friends visiting even?

 

This was more a proof-on-concept idea, really, currently just for the owner of the tool to be used. Once triggered, others can visit too, of course. I shall soon extend it, to check for group id presence (read from a config file), as it might indeed be handy to just have a bunch of trusted ppl be able to come over, and trigger the 'unlock' themselves.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2019 at 1:43 PM, kiramanell said:

 

Today I actually created an idea similar like this. :) The cube's default state is not-hollowed, and encompasses the entire boat (but not beyond it). It's invisible, of course. With a small script, based on a doormat collision. When I step on it, it sets the physics shape of the cube to 'none', allowing me to enter (and set to 'prim' again, should I leave).

Now, the elegance of this idea is, that no one can try and sit on anything inside my home, when I'm absent; and nor can they TP in; which is to say, they can TP in, but the system gently pushes/nudges them outside of the prim (that's not me doing that, just the LL system).

I don't think this will actually achieve your desired goal as anyone can cam inside a cube set to prim surrounding a piece of furniture and still be able to use that furniture as demonstrated by my photo.

88eb563c96b5c399e331a214698582db.jpg

Of course once they stand up they will be moved to outside the invisible prim but that won't stop them being able to use the furniture that has active scripts or that you've not set the access to only allow you or your group members to use.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To quote the Merovingian: ..... Of course these things are contrivances, like so much here, for the sake of appearances.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't have a new Linden Home. Is there any documentation on the format of the whitelist in the Mole Security Orb notecard ? If so then can somebody please link to it or if not then can somebody post or PM me a sample notecard please. I have an idea about the sit issue shown above and how that might be dealt with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 6:31 AM, Blush Bravin said:

I don't think this will actually achieve your desired goal as anyone can cam inside a cube set to prim surrounding a piece of furniture and still be able to use that furniture as demonstrated by my photo.

88eb563c96b5c399e331a214698582db.jpg

Of course once they stand up they will be moved to outside the invisible prim but that won't stop them being able to use the furniture that has active scripts or that you've not set the access to only allow you or your group members to use.

I'm curious to know if the eject script that can be put into vehicles can be put into furniture as well? 

I've always wanted a way to kick people off of something I'm sitting on. Especially when I'm on a beach.

SmartSelect_20190619-105843_Gallery.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ananoelle said:

I'm curious to know if the eject script that can be put into vehicles can be put into furniture as well?

we think alike :)

a furniture ejector goes something like this:


list friends = [];  // keys of friends not in group allowed to sit


integer allowed(key id)
{
    if (llGetOwner() == id)
        return TRUE;
    if (llSameGroup(id))
        return TRUE;
    if (~llListFindList(friends, [id]))
        return TRUE;
    return FALSE;
}

ejecter()
{
    integer a = llGetNumberOfPrims();  // includes agents sitting
    integer b = llGetObjectPrimCount(llGetKey()); // does not include agents sitting
    while (a > b)
    {
        key id = llGetLinkKey(a--);
        if (!allowed(id)) 
        {
            llUnSit(id);
           // llEjectFromLand(id);
        }   
    }
}

default
{
    // auto ejecter when anyone sits
    // eject anyone not a friend
    changed (integer change)
    {   
        if (change & CHANGED_LINK)
            ejecter();
    }
    
    // manual ejecter, alternative to auto ejecter
    // allow friends to also manually eject others 
    touch_end(integer id)
    {
        if (allowed(llDetectedKey(0)))
            ejecter(); 
    }
}

an idea to further this: populate the friends list from the same notecard as in the Mole security orb

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who wants to can come into my alt's Belli home and hang out when she's not there.  I tend not to buy furniture that allows reconfiguration via menu unless it has access control, build is group-only, so visitors generally have no power to actually CHANGE things.  I have never understood why my land pixels need to be protected while I'm gone.  It makes sense for a private shared-use clubhouse I guess, where group members may be bothered by visitors whom they cannot eject, but for a private residence, security has always puzzled me.

It saddens me, frankly, to fly around Belli and experience SO MANY parcels that eject in 15 seconds.  Of course, the owners are nearly always nowhere to be seen.  :(

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here Nika, my home is always open. I don't really mind if anyone has been sitting on my pixel couch, pet my cats or enjoy the garden; it's pretty much the only thing they can do.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your mailbox rezzer stops working and won't rez a home, do you put in a ticket to have a Linden or Mole reset it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...