Mass exodus South ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, kathyparnes1 said:

Anyone know if we get the houseboat, do we also get the bit of beach that is shown in the pic?

Also are the houses adult rated? (Refers to the the piles of bdsm and adult pose ball stuff to do naughty things to my alt with lol)

No, you do not get the beach.  The beaches are all part of the public land.  

The land is rated Moderate so no sex out in the open.

• Haha 1

Does anyone know how many houseboats were released because they went in about 24 hours.

Obviously there was a great unfulfilled (and previously unrecognized) longing for the life aquatic and for community living.  I'm looking forward to strolling the docks, walking my dog on the beach and meeting my neighbors.

And this weekend I'm gonna inflate my pool floaties, rez a lounger and unpack some swimwear.  Yay long weekend!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Coastal plots went really fast, wasn't expecting the house boats to go just as quick .. especially as there are some really exceptional inland plots

There may be A FEW nice inland plots, however the of the majority the traditional lots are mediocre at best .  little square parcels with what looks like freebie quality bushes and trees framing them. in fact the trees were haphazardly  thrown around that there are few places near my lot where trees have actually been  placed in the middle of the street ! 

8 hours ago, EmmaRandom said:

Does anyone know how many houseboats were released because they went in about 24 hours.

I'm pretty sure they were all gone in far less than 24 hours, possible under 12 hours.  I logged in about 8 hours after the opening and managed to get one, but I could tell they were already mostly taken. 

I don't think LL ever gave a count of houseboats or houses in the first release.  One could open the map and count the houseboats as they are really easy to see.  

8 hours ago, LindyLarkin said:

There may be A FEW nice inland plots, however the of the majority the traditional lots are mediocre at best .  little square parcels with what looks like freebie quality bushes and trees framing them. in fact the trees were haphazardly  thrown around that there are few places near my lot where trees have actually been  placed in the middle of the street ! 

If you see a tree in the middle of the street, submit a support case so that the Lindens know where to look for it.  They can send out a road crew to deal with things like that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rasterscan said:

Anyone tried sailing the new waters yet ? I watched a yacht sail past, sink into the water and poof as I floundered in my sweetpea unable to get it to move lmfao !

I tried driving .. that was a mistake.

🤢🤮

LL really needs to take a fundamental look at how physics and region crossing work, because right now, it's a literal train wreck. There is no reason to be locked into supporting existing vechs if they can be updated to actual usable vechs later.

The next "drink your own coffee" day should include the mandatory task; Drive a car around the new Linden homes.

1 hour ago, rasterscan said:

Anyone tried sailing the new waters yet ? I watched a yacht sail past, sink into the water and poof as I floundered in my sweetpea unable to get it to move lmfao !

It might just be me, but I have struggled with sim crossings on the new continent by boat. I had a whale of time when I switched to a motorbike, I tried hard to fail on a sim crossing going stupidly fast off-roading and along roads without any problem.

Sim crossings seem to be affected by the teleport issue, it seems very random. Some days I am okay and some times. I just need to give up and go do something else. I hope they get it fixed soon as it is affecting alot of people's enjoyment and engagement.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

So why do I have such a problem renting my yacht slips?

In my opinion it's because of the neighbors. Either they have atrocious taste in housing, or the slip is nice but there is nowhere to go because every bit of water is blocked off with ban lines. Unless you're willing and able to pay through the nose, finding a good place to live on the water is like asking for a snowflake in the middle of a hot july texas summer. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rasterscan said:

It has been nearly impossible for me. I have made it, at best, maybe 5 or so regions before crashing. I do see the occasional boat or helicopter go by my home, though, so maybe others are having better luck.

• Like 2

I think the new Continent is quite beautiful and very thoughtfully made!  The buildings seem to have a very high LI so I'm glad that they don't count against the prim allowance.  The Traditional Homes are nice to see going for walks, very tidy neighbourhoods and thankfully not too many cars on the streets as I walked around, lol

Such a great idea to allow the Residents to choose what style of house using the rezzer! 

I'm thrilled there's Protected navigable water ALL the way around the new continent that will never get cluttered with ban lines and invisible barriers!  I hope the load of the huge migration and influx will calm down soon for some barrier free sailing.  Perhaps having such a nice environment will help rouse more interest in sailing and improve the slip rentals on Mainland as I don't think there's a public place for rezzing boats on Bellisseria (none that I've seen so far in my few brief excursions anyway).

I'm also very exciting to see there are waterways connecting Bellisseria to Sansara and Jeogeot Continents as well!  I look forward to some great new Cruise routes and yacht club Events... soon as those feeble and unstable SIM crossing crashes and teleport failures are resolved.  Wistful thinking for a while longer!

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.