See this seagull ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, rasterscan said:

See this seagull ? It took FORTY seconds to appear after i rezzed it from inv ! 40 Seconds ! Perhaps I should try clearing my cache ?

sascfda.png.7312ffe7c5336145836d114e84185da5.png

Is it a fairly new mesh object? If it is then it needs to be copied from the asset server to your nearest Content Delivery Service node, then it will take time for it to download and resolve. In fact, it could take (wait for it..) forty seconds.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Is it a fairly new mesh object? If it is then it needs to be copied from the asset server to your nearest Content Delivery Service node, then it will take time for it to download and resolve. In fact, it could take (wait for it..) forty seconds.

How impressive !

Edited by rasterscan

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

The seagull is a much-maligned bird but with good reason, because it tends to fly in, make a lot of noise, and crap all over everything before it flies off again.

On the other hand, when you live near the coast (but not on it!) you don't normally see seagulls unless there is a storm heading your way off the ocean. :D

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

The seagull is a much-maligned bird but with good reason, because it tends to fly in, make a lot of noise, and crap all over everything before it flies off again.

I have dated a few seagulls.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

My brother was mugged by a seagull once; walking out of a chippy with his fish and chips, it swooped down off the roof as he walked out the door, and flew off with his fish.

We train our seagulls in Liverpool to do that, better still if they forget the fish and go straight for the wallet

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

This is also true of delegations from headquarters.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.