I am crashing one out of three times I TP!!

FaintOutline

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, FaintOutline said:

I am crashing one out of three times I TP -- always with a lot of damage to my avatar.   Tattoos reappear, body reverts back to prior alphas, clothing is missing.   I can not stop it, even if I stop a TP which looks like it will not complete -- I have a catastrophic crash within  a few moments.   I never survive a bad TP intact.

Check the grid status and follow updates LL are aware of the teleport disconnects and working on it.  https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/dx8b0vp9cjqj

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, FaintOutline said:

Seems everyone is aware of this, but it is getting worse for me, crashing more often than when it first started.     

One question for clarification:  Are you truly "crashing" - i.e. the viewer closes on its own -- or are you getting the typical disconnected message (something like 'you have been disconnected, you can quit or do IM" or something like that?

True 'crashing' is a totally different thing.

Most of the time I get a notice usually followed quickly by a close of the app without use of the "quit" button -- so yes it mostly closes on it's own.  Mac OS does not report it as a crash most of the time.  Always my Avi reverts back a couple of saves.

But there is a delay between the notice and the app closing -- during which if I do nothing the app does not close.  Only if if I try to move does the app close instantly.

So perhaps technically the app is being spontaneously closed, not crashing?   I would have to talk to someone much more Apple OS knowledgeable to really understand what is happening.

Odd.  Many people do gt the TP stalling out issue that then gives a disconnect message, but I don't think too many are actually having the app close on them without them clicking the X or Quit. 

And yeah, the TP cancel button worked when the TP issue first cropped up a few weeks ago, but it hasn't helped in quite a while now.

I am not paying enough attention as if I was actually testing a database for one of my coders.  Sadly I have not been that orderly.    But I am getting a lot of total closes without going through any dialog boxes or quit buttons.   I have never had it bring down the OS.     I keep hoping it will get better. 🙂

Just got the worst one yet, got the "message" then a frozen screen, had to do a force quit.   And the worst damage to my avatar I have had.  Skin, old tats, hair color, all changed.  As far as I am concerned Second Life no longer works.  What  a mess.

Edited by FaintOutline
typos
  • Sad 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.