Problems with reading messages sent to me on forum

Kotelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am not sure if I should report it here, since it is a technical issue I experience with messages on the forum. I haven't seen Forum option for a support ticket to report it directly to LL.

Here's the issue: I have received couple of email notifications today that someone sent a message to me and I can see the sender and a part of this message in the email, but when I click Read Full Message, I am moved from my email account to forum with following error message:  Sorry, there is a problem. We could not locate the item you are trying to view. Error code: 2S136/C. There's also no notification on the forum that I have a new message, it comes only via email.

Has anyone experienced the same issue or even had it solved somehow?

• Like 1

It's possible that the person who sent the message has subsequently deleted it before you could read* it. That's an option on PMs, at the top right of the screen:

delete_conversation.PNG.c4b26372f3f560d0555efe3f2b354d41.PNG

*Obviously, you can read it in your email, as the full text should be there, but if it's not available in your PMs section, then I'd guess the sender deleted it.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2

I thought exactly the same what you suggested, Skell, but it was right after first message. Then there were 3 or 4 more notifications as it was (and still is) a conversation between 3 persons but it seems that I am the only one who can't access it and answer, they can.

I have checked my settings and it seems all notifications are on, as they were yesterday and before. Additionally I am able to exchange messages, it is this one conversation which I can't see in my forum inbox.

rather not, for sure not intentionally. My list of ignored user here on forum is empty and I don't know any other way to block or mute someone or their PMs. They are also not blocked by me in world.

Weird thing is that my avatar picture which appears in this conversation is very old, over a year for sure, from pre-bento heads time. I changed it long time ago, both in my profile in world and here but there it is. I wonder if this can help with finding the root cause of this error, maybe there's something wrong with my profile.

2 hours ago, Kotelle said:

I haven't seen Forum option for a support ticket to report it directly to LL.

I opened a support ticket once about an issue here in the forums and just picked the 'Web login' category or something like that.  I figured if they weren't going to give me a proper category, I'd just use something sort of close.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 11:23 AM, Kotelle said:

I am not sure if I should report it here, since it is a technical issue I experience with messages on the forum. I haven't seen Forum option for a support ticket to report it directly to LL.

Here's the issue: I have received couple of email notifications today that someone sent a message to me and I can see the sender and a part of this message in the email, but when I click Read Full Message, I am moved from my email account to forum with following error message:  Sorry, there is a problem. We could not locate the item you are trying to view. Error code: 2S136/C. There's also no notification on the forum that I have a new message, it comes only via email.

Has anyone experienced the same issue or even had it solved somehow?

I'm having the exact same problem!! 😬

I got a few email notifications of pms and even went on my laptop thinking my phone was being weird and it won't show anything on my account. Multiple people. I hope we figure out a way to fix this because I feel horrible just not replying, lol.

Thank you Skell and Whirly for your help. Apparently it is a bug, according to LL and I reported that in JIRA, as they advised me to do so. It looks like the system may be seeing my account as a duplicate of other, identical account. Not sure how it could happen though.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.