Jump to content

The Linden Homes Photo Thread


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Nando Yip said:

Thank you @Rabeta Cheetah
The carpet I made, however the textures you find here:  https://www.flickr.com/people/biodivlibrary/ 

and you can use the images as long as it is not for commercial use. see the website for rules and licenses.

Thank you!  I just spent a few hours, lost in that site. looking at so many interesting pictures.  I might use some of those old illustrations of Rio and say that they're images of Belleserria before it became so pixilated lol

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok here we go. If the greenhouse wasn't empty, the garden would be almost finished. I only take 1 picture inside, I spent most time and LI in the garden.  

After days and days of tweaking, I think I’m finally done with my Victorian (maybe). I am so happy!    

Hello everyone   This is my first time posting in the forum, but I've been a member of SL since 2010. However, I took a loooong break - from around beginning of 2012 to around mid last year. I ca

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

This started out as a lazy day. I wandered around in Porridge Pot for a while, admiring all the lovely gardens that people have been making around their log homes, and then went to sit on a dock and listen to small birds in the trees. Porridge Pot is on the south shore of a wonderfully wide, picturesque lake, one of the big selling points for real estate in this part of East Bellisseria. It was all very peaceful, and the sun was warm. 

899073139_Randelsham5-7-2020PorridgePotSTART.jpg.c373dbd4b5662f6ea4d6fc27deec18b3.jpg

I had almost decided that it was time for a swim when it occurred to me that the new Randelsham treehouse was very nearby, and that I hadn't been there yet. There's been a lot of chatter recently about it. I checked my map and -- sure enough -- Randelsham was just over the west ridge.  A swim could wait.

552872625_Randelsham5-7-2020PorridgePot2.jpg.504c9dc0aea98dbfd98237819456fe5a.jpg

I was a little sorry that I hadn't brought my horse along. I'm sure he would have been curious about Randlesham too, although they probably have rules about letting horses into the treehouse itself.  Anyway ... I headed west, walking past some beautiful lakeside homes, and was at the foot of the ridge in no time.

1760399061_Randelsham5-7-2020Randelsham1.thumb.jpg.815f90fe31b3d0d953bd28e5547b5d81.jpg

I found an easy trail to Randelsham through a low pass and headed up.  From the high point in the pass, I found that I was looking straight ahead at the Randelsham Forest train station, which is an impressive piece of rural architecture.  I was going to continue on, but then I looked up and saw a heavy cable high above the treetops -- a zipline.  I love those things! There's no way I can pass up a good zipline.

1919635697_Randelsham5-7-2020Randelsham2.jpg.9f91cbf1acc2c09da5e54b35e2e33fdf.jpg

The trail up the ridge to the zipline itself is a bit more strenuous, so I'm glad that I didn't bring my horse. Besides, he doesn't care for ziplines.

You can get a great overview of the area from up there. Looking eastward, you can see the Porridge Pot lake through the trees. Then, turning around, you can see the train station and, beyond it, the Randelsham treehouse. It looks amazing, and it has an even larger lake beyond it.

1804120708_Randelsham5-7-2020Randelsham3.jpg.ee530d40bf51b56d08effd9765a1ec35.jpg

The zipline at the high point of the ridge is firmly anchored to a sturdy pine tree (yes, I checked).  There's no seat, so you just have to grab hold, jump up, and sit on the knot and hope for the best.  WHAT A RIDE!  I get a real rush from sailing down a cable like that.  You're way above the forest.  Wind is in your hair and your heart is pumping like crazy ....

398751266_Randelsham5-7-2020Randelsham4a.thumb.jpg.82fb1ff5c763c698f62e3842c3902d54.jpg

... and then you're at the bottom. The zipline drops you right at the base of the treehouse, next to a small ornamental garden and a pond, so you can look up and see the gigantic beams and posts that hold the structure.  I'm told that they built this place almost overnight, which is hard to believe. It has two main sections with a catwalk between them and walkways to the ground in a couple of spots. There's a cupola at the top too. 

I'm basically an outdoor girl, so I didn't spend a lot of time inside and, sadly, forgot to take any photos to show you.  I can tell you, though, that the place is impressive.  You could hold dances and gala dinners up there and still have room for tourists to gawk from the balconies.  You really have to see it for yourself.  

By the way, if you look in that lower right photo, you can see the cable that I rode down on and then, way up above the treehouse, a second cable.  It didn't take me long to realize that there was another zipline to try out, south of the first one.  Too tempting.  ;)

1161926780_Randelsham5-7-2020Randelsham5.jpg.ec5ccef44b0d7328d921efc67f3cb1a7.jpg

It's easy to spot the trail up to that second zipline.  It starts at the rail line, not far to the south from the main treehouse entrance.  Once again, it's a strenuous but not difficult walk, with breathtaking scenery. As I got closer to the peak, I could see that there are in fact two ziplines anchored there.  

1723733626_Randelsham5-7-2020Randelsham6.jpg.06f28679f3a6a69d64563adcec7cb599.jpg

One of the lines heads back down to the treehouse, aiming for a landing spot on the lake side of the building.The other one heads to a small island far out in the lake. That's the one I really had to try.  I don't think I have ever ridden a zipline that goes that far. 

I'll admit that it was more than a little scary to think about taking it.  I mean, look down!  The peak where I was standing is way up there.  The huge treehouse looks like a doll house from up there, and it's almost a vertical drop to the lake shore. Still, I could never forgive myself for chickening out, so I swung up and sat on the knot.

1798683783_Randelsham5-7-2020Randelsham7.thumb.jpg.37e0e0927bb367431f3b0d228c6105e1.jpg

What an amazing ride that was!  I swung back and forth all the way down, holding on tight and yelling at  the top of my voice.  They could probably hear me all the way back in Porridge Pot, and certainly down in the treehouse.  That ride really got my heart pumping. And then ... WHUMP! ... I was at the bottom, looking back up at where I'd been. It's a good thing there's nice, soft grass on the island.

So there's my adventure for the day.  I am so glad I did this.  Not one, but TWO great ziplines and some absolutely gorgeous scenery.  And, of course, the treehouse.  The view from the island is postcard perfect. This is a fantastic destination spot.

851811376_Randelsham5-7-2020Randelsham8.jpg.fc4b68ea839f41496008df8309e74a21.jpg

I stood there for a while, letting my heart rate drop back to normal and then gradually realized that there's no boat landing (or boat) on the island.  Maybe there will be some day, but this area is still barely open to the public. The only way back was to swim.  Darn the luck.  I plan ahead for days like this, though. I ate a slow lunch, making plenty of room in the backpack to keep my clothes dry as I headed for shore. 

This is going to be a great trip to tell the horse about.

 

Edited by Rolig Loon
Trying to get rid of a duplicate image. Aaaaagh!!
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Loretta String said:

Decorar o Overlook pela 3ª vez, mas em um estilo diferente, foi divertido!

PARTE II

Yooperville12_001.png

your color palette is amazing !!!

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so chuffed! My first time as a premium member and I managed to bag myself a house boat! Although it did take days of refreshing to eventually get it. 

I went with the Windlass and decided to make my own add ons so it would feel unique and custom made. 

Here are the fruits of my labour so far! I'm using 330 of 351 prims so far so I'm not quite finished and have room to add a few things. 

First the exterior: 

d17d527a935bb5f14e9be76efcadb670.jpg

428f9465c6f45994551c9ede53288f37.jpg

16c43e473a890a90f56463a48b929e59.jpg

Next my fully functioning Motorboat from GEMC. 

c696c9a161f0bdbabeb7c66c1c58dbf2.jpg

Now onto the interior! 

Downstairs features a kitchen, dining area, cinema entertainment system, pool table, child's bedroom and the family bathroom. 

Upstairs features the master bedroom and walk in wardrobe. Light switches work too! 

Child's bedroom. 

3d217d70e4130d888ef9c220c9c30191.jpg

05c63d7cd151654424b3f04040c41f5a.jpg

Bathroom next door

339983c476b269396bb7676425cc3269.jpg

Kitchen and dining area 

6cc44b0901d77a65d31580efdfaca16d.jpg

993d27bfb48bbd96ab5bc3372529dd87.jpg

Cinema and Pool areas 

a76b2d96e33d68ac40f01a0b4bdff6f6.jpg

5a0ed75e3a16ac48f78cb505b3c46b7c.jpg

Master bedroom and walk in wardrobe. 

4a76eef22c371482770a19645a793c0b.jpg

8d56b5f14380357927899109fc576f25.jpg

b4038797c5fa4502c421251ea026c594.jpg

2dc35fc6238db10d37a4468e8f793f75.jpg

491158cb146fcac2a93ce17542f16388.jpg

  • Like 24
Link to post
Share on other sites

When I started exploring the new cabins area, I was under the impression there were not many common/protected land areas, but as weeks have gone by, I've started finding them, and falling in love with them

This is one of my favourite spots, near Von Emster: a river, log seats, the bridge, flowers and trees, those old stone walls I love... The residents facing that area are extremly lucky, a really peaceful area to enjoy

VonEmster2.PNG

  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

When I started exploring the new cabins area, I was under the impression there were not many common/protected land areas, but as weeks have gone by, I've started finding them, and falling in love with them

This is one of my favourite spots, near Von Emster: a river, log seats, the bridge, flowers and trees, those old stone walls I love... The residents facing that area are extremly lucky, a really peaceful area to enjoy

 

What a beautiful area, and great photo Elena!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I need to get my butt in these forums more! Here are some photo's of my home! I love to decorate so this could change soon if I decide to swap the house for one of the others. I love that we have the option to pick one of four houses! Also, you'll notice in my kitchen I've put down an extra wall to block off the dining room. I did this to relieve some prims and allow me to make the rest of the home a little more decorated then it would have been otherwise. (Part One)

Snapshot_009.thumb.png.85ead033bc78cd50a5ee721c6271f8e9.pngSnapshot_012.thumb.png.7d4b31b83419dc941c937a31dbb219c7.pngSnapshot_011.thumb.png.54401bff5ea2fa84185888531997bf6b.png

 

Edited by LittleTatiana
Needed to resize photos to fit them in! Tee hee
  • Like 14
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I need to get my butt in these forums more! Here are some photo's of my home! I love to decorate so this could change soon if I decide to swap the house for one of the others. I love that we have the option to pick one of four houses! Also, you'll notice in my kitchen I've put down an extra wall to block off the dining room. I did this to relieve some prims and allow me to make the rest of the home a little more decorated then it would have been otherwise. (Part Two)

Snapshot_014.pngSnapshot_015.pngSnapshot_016.pngSnapshot_017.png

 

Edited by LittleTatiana
  • Like 15
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LittleTatiana said:

I need to get my butt in these forums more! Here are some photo's of my home! I love to decorate so this could change soon if I decide to swap the house for one of the others. I love that we have the option to pick one of four houses! Also, you'll notice in my kitchen I've put down an extra wall to block off the dining room. I did this to relieve some prims and allow me to make the rest of the home a little more decorated then it would have been otherwise. (Part One)

Snapshot_009.thumb.png.85ead033bc78cd50a5ee721c6271f8e9.pngSnapshot_012.thumb.png.7d4b31b83419dc941c937a31dbb219c7.pngSnapshot_011.thumb.png.54401bff5ea2fa84185888531997bf6b.png

 

Very nice indeed. You have got a nicely placed Linden home, and have furnished it beautifully. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2020 at 12:06 AM, brodiac90 said:

I'm so chuffed! My first time as a premium member and I managed to bag myself a house boat! Although it did take days of refreshing to eventually get it. 

I went with the Windlass and decided to make my own add ons so it would feel unique and custom made. 

Here are the fruits of my labour so far! I'm using 330 of 351 prims so far so I'm not quite finished and have room to add a few things. 

First the exterior: 

d17d527a935bb5f14e9be76efcadb670.jpg

428f9465c6f45994551c9ede53288f37.jpg

16c43e473a890a90f56463a48b929e59.jpg

Next my fully functioning Motorboat from GEMC. 

c696c9a161f0bdbabeb7c66c1c58dbf2.jpg

Now onto the interior! 

Downstairs features a kitchen, dining area, cinema entertainment system, pool table, child's bedroom and the family bathroom. 

Upstairs features the master bedroom and walk in wardrobe. Light switches work too! 

Child's bedroom. 

3d217d70e4130d888ef9c220c9c30191.jpg

05c63d7cd151654424b3f04040c41f5a.jpg

Bathroom next door

339983c476b269396bb7676425cc3269.jpg

Kitchen and dining area 

6cc44b0901d77a65d31580efdfaca16d.jpg

993d27bfb48bbd96ab5bc3372529dd87.jpg

Cinema and Pool areas 

a76b2d96e33d68ac40f01a0b4bdff6f6.jpg

5a0ed75e3a16ac48f78cb505b3c46b7c.jpg

Master bedroom and walk in wardrobe. 

4a76eef22c371482770a19645a793c0b.jpg

8d56b5f14380357927899109fc576f25.jpg

b4038797c5fa4502c421251ea026c594.jpg

2dc35fc6238db10d37a4468e8f793f75.jpg

491158cb146fcac2a93ce17542f16388.jpg

You have made excellent use of the space. I love the ducky detail on your day bed, and the bathroom is divine. What a smashing home you've got. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2020 at 10:35 PM, Rolig Loon said:

This started out as a lazy day. I wandered around in Porridge Pot for a while, admiring all the lovely gardens that people have been making around their log homes, and then went to sit on a dock and listen to small birds in the trees. Porridge Pot is on the south shore of a wonderfully wide, picturesque lake, one of the big selling points for real estate in this part of East Bellisseria. It was all very peaceful, and the sun was warm. 

899073139_Randelsham5-7-2020PorridgePotSTART.jpg.c373dbd4b5662f6ea4d6fc27deec18b3.jpg

I had almost decided that it was time for a swim when it occurred to me that the new Randelsham treehouse was very nearby, and that I hadn't been there yet. There's been a lot of chatter recently about it. I checked my map and -- sure enough -- Randelsham was just over the west ridge.  A swim could wait.

552872625_Randelsham5-7-2020PorridgePot2.jpg.504c9dc0aea98dbfd98237819456fe5a.jpg

I was a little sorry that I hadn't brought my horse along. I'm sure he would have been curious about Randlesham too, although they probably have rules about letting horses into the treehouse itself.  Anyway ... I headed west, walking past some beautiful lakeside homes, and was at the foot of the ridge in no time.

1760399061_Randelsham5-7-2020Randelsham1.thumb.jpg.815f90fe31b3d0d953bd28e5547b5d81.jpg

I found an easy trail to Randelsham through a low pass and headed up.  From the high point in the pass, I found that I was looking straight ahead at the Randelsham Forest train station, which is an impressive piece of rural architecture.  I was going to continue on, but then I looked up and saw a heavy cable high above the treetops -- a zipline.  I love those things! There's no way I can pass up a good zipline.

1919635697_Randelsham5-7-2020Randelsham2.jpg.9f91cbf1acc2c09da5e54b35e2e33fdf.jpg

The trail up the ridge to the zipline itself is a bit more strenuous, so I'm glad that I didn't bring my horse. Besides, he doesn't care for ziplines.

You can get a great overview of the area from up there. Looking eastward, you can see the Porridge Pot lake through the trees. Then, turning around, you can see the train station and, beyond it, the Randelsham treehouse. It looks amazing, and it has an even larger lake beyond it.

1804120708_Randelsham5-7-2020Randelsham3.jpg.ee530d40bf51b56d08effd9765a1ec35.jpg

The zipline at the high point of the ridge is firmly anchored to a sturdy pine tree (yes, I checked).  There's no seat, so you just have to grab hold, jump up, and sit on the knot and hope for the best.  WHAT A RIDE!  I get a real rush from sailing down a cable like that.  You're way above the forest.  Wind is in your hair and your heart is pumping like crazy ....

398751266_Randelsham5-7-2020Randelsham4a.thumb.jpg.82fb1ff5c763c698f62e3842c3902d54.jpg

... and then you're at the bottom. The zipline drops you right at the base of the treehouse, next to a small ornamental garden and a pond, so you can look up and see the gigantic beams and posts that hold the structure.  I'm told that they built this place almost overnight, which is hard to believe. It has two main sections with a catwalk between them and walkways to the ground in a couple of spots. There's a cupola at the top too. 

I'm basically an outdoor girl, so I didn't spend a lot of time inside and, sadly, forgot to take any photos to show you.  I can tell you, though, that the place is impressive.  You could hold dances and gala dinners up there and still have room for tourists to gawk from the balconies.  You really have to see it for yourself.  

By the way, if you look in that lower right photo, you can see the cable that I rode down on and then, way up above the treehouse, a second cable.  It didn't take me long to realize that there was another zipline to try out, south of the first one.  Too tempting.  ;)

1161926780_Randelsham5-7-2020Randelsham5.jpg.ec5ccef44b0d7328d921efc67f3cb1a7.jpg

It's easy to spot the trail up to that second zipline.  It starts at the rail line, not far to the south from the main treehouse entrance.  Once again, it's a strenuous but not difficult walk, with breathtaking scenery. As I got closer to the peak, I could see that there are in fact two ziplines anchored there.  

1723733626_Randelsham5-7-2020Randelsham6.jpg.06f28679f3a6a69d64563adcec7cb599.jpg

One of the lines heads back down to the treehouse, aiming for a landing spot on the lake side of the building.The other one heads to a small island far out in the lake. That's the one I really had to try.  I don't think I have ever ridden a zipline that goes that far. 

I'll admit that it was more than a little scary to think about taking it.  I mean, look down!  The peak where I was standing is way up there.  The huge treehouse looks like a doll house from up there, and it's almost a vertical drop to the lake shore. Still, I could never forgive myself for chickening out, so I swung up and sat on the knot.

1798683783_Randelsham5-7-2020Randelsham7.thumb.jpg.37e0e0927bb367431f3b0d228c6105e1.jpg

What an amazing ride that was!  I swung back and forth all the way down, holding on tight and yelling at  the top of my voice.  They could probably hear me all the way back in Porridge Pot, and certainly down in the treehouse.  That ride really got my heart pumping. And then ... WHUMP! ... I was at the bottom, looking back up at where I'd been. It's a good thing there's nice, soft grass on the island.

So there's my adventure for the day.  I am so glad I did this.  Not one, but TWO great ziplines and some absolutely gorgeous scenery.  And, of course, the treehouse.  The view from the island is postcard perfect. This is a fantastic destination spot.

851811376_Randelsham5-7-2020Randelsham8.jpg.fc4b68ea839f41496008df8309e74a21.jpg

I stood there for a while, letting my heart rate drop back to normal and then gradually realized that there's no boat landing (or boat) on the island.  Maybe there will be some day, but this area is still barely open to the public. The only way back was to swim.  Darn the luck.  I plan ahead for days like this, though. I ate a slow lunch, making plenty of room in the backpack to keep my clothes dry as I headed for shore. 

This is going to be a great trip to tell the horse about.

 

Wow, Rolig, what an adventure. I feel like I was there with you. Love how you've set out the photos in your post.  

And the humour. I wonder what the horse thought about it all. ;) 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Help, my name is Raspberry, and I am back in the Old Continent!   (How does this keep happening? 😄) This is a Meadowbrook /  Upper Skylight.

The Bazar Roya kitchen by @Ria Bazar makes all the difference to me for decorating rooms which have so many windows, and much less free wall space, as it is designed as an island. (We have installed it in my partner's Windlass houseboat also for the same reason)

 I still have around 80 li to go., and upstairs is fairly bare so far.

skylight_002.jpg

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
recount!
  • Like 21
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

SSPE1199 was brought to our attention by @Coby Foden over in the Choo-Choo Train thread, and I am over the moon delighted!  It has just been decorated by the Moles, and offers us an early look at how the many islands and shorelines in SSPE regions will be treated.  I don't think they're quite done yet, I believe there may be more landscaping in store.  But take a look at the island there!  It has open-air platforms like those in the Randelsham Treehouse, and there is not only a waterfall, but it is wonderfully animated with 6 different spots to sit, each of which has 2 or so choices of anim!  If you squint really hard, you can see my explorer alt (he has no inventory at all, poor thing) hanging in front of a waterfall.  There's a little campfire on the other side of the hill.

Effective use of the dangling ivy that I believe is in the Log Home content pack.  Have to dig that out!

And yes, in the distance those are Abnor's "dummy" train tracks showing bright green on the west shore of Big Bird Lake.

 

ETA: Another thing to note about this region: although there is a place or three around the edges where they could have fit in a Log Home, they chose not to.  It is, and apparently will remain (based on tree placement), entirely recreational.  And, let me say again, I do not think they are done with it yet.

324684115_IslandPhototoolsDreamBook03Spotlight_004.thumb.png.6b7b443d2ed86d2abf7e36ef7dfeb813.png

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 15
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Help, my name is Raspberry, and I am back in the Old Continent!   (How does this keep happening? 😄) This is a Meadowbrook /  Upper Skylight.

The Bazar Roya kitchen by @Ria Bazar makes all the difference to me for decorating rooms which have so many windows, and much less free wall space, as it is designed as an island. (We have installed it in my partner's Windlass houseboat also for the same reason)

 I still have around 80 li to go., and upstairs is fairly bare so far.

skylight_002.jpg

 

I thought I owned about everything from Bazar, but it appears I never picked this kitchen up. I just popped to the store and found it in the outlet (also bought a coffee table while I was there). Thanks for the tip! 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I do love exploring the Victorian parts of Bellisseria, if only because it gives me an excuse for wearing my favorite hat. It's hard to explain, but I feel somehow more complete with a fine hat, and I am just vain enough to like the way I look as I stroll through the streets.  Besides, the Victorian homes are so showy that I would feel like an ugly ducking if I didn't try to meet their standard.  Anyway ... 

1087940321_SwithinsBridge5-14-2020SwithinsBridgeSTART.jpg.9d75d04caaec993162bd6a1a5310dd8d.jpg

I was in Swithins Bridge late yesterday morning, looking out across the bay, when it occurred to me that I had never tried following the coast around to the east.  The coastlines in Bellisseria are beautiful almost everywhere, of course. From here in Swithins Bridge (where there is no bridge, by the way), you can see the grand sweep of the harbor, from the mid-continent highlands in the north to the houseboat communities in Grunion Beach and then to the lovely peninsular shores of Crawford and Dunbar in the south. It's a beautiful expanse. What might the coast to the east look like?  I straightened my hat and started off.

1981369087_SwithinsBridge5-14-2020CarrolltonBay1.jpg.5152b68f3a216afe96d4f25bf55ea9bd.jpg

There are no islands or houseboat communities off the south coast, as I discovered as I walked along the shore in Carrollton Bay. The shoreline is quite straight and the beaches are narrow, but the land rises sharply to a wavecut terrace. As a result, homes along the shore have a majestic view. The land in the bottom photo here is the point at Malthus, where I was headed. In the top photo, it's the coast of Dunbar in the distance.

1756712101_SwithinsBridge5-14-2020Pudding1.jpg.aa5cfe5018b8d26f75a2d69a20984323.jpg

Residents along the main road have some of the most incredible floral displays I have seen anywhere in Bellisseria. As I walked through Pudding, the smell of hydrangeas filled the air. Such a profusion -- white, pink, blue, and red!  Can you imagine waking to this outside your windows every morning?  And not only hydrangeas.  There are beds of roses and daisies and all manner of colorful blossoms all along the road.

645225720_SwithinsBridge5-14-2020Whitmarsh1.jpg.2d48eb492cb785dd2347e9104db63e32.jpg

East of Pudding is the mouth of the northeast channel that separates the main part of Bellisseria from East Bellisseria. It's narrow enough that it hardly seems like a major channel, but it is in fact the only direct route by water from the south end of the continent to the north unless you sail all the way around East Bellissaria. [EDIT: That's an unfortunate misstatement. Large vessels can of course enter the canal that mole laborers dug eastward from Heath Cliff and then join the northeast channel at Clayton Ravine. Sorry about that.] The bridge here in Whitmarsh and the one just to the north in Clayton Ravine are built high enough to let tall-masted vessels pass beneath.  To the north from there, boats can sail in wider, deeper waters all the way to the lighthouse at Echo Cove if they wish.

419201788_SwithinsBridge5-14-2020Malthus2.jpg.d532e97d3c9b2e7070f6cf8a80cf7a85.jpg

Here's a look back at the Whitmarsh bridge from the shore in Malthus, so you can get a feel for how high that bridge is. I was hoping to get a photo of boats sailing through here, but things were quiet yesterday.  There weren't many people on the streets either. Social distancing, maybe? 

2066101170_SwithinsBridge5-14-2020Malthus1.jpg.c8421821665197976a5a1e8cb9b4de31.jpg

By the way, I know I don't spend much time admiring private yards as I write these travel reports for you, but they truly are lovely.  Residents here in Malthus have knocked themselves out by decorating, just as they do all over Bellisseria. I discovered this charming little gazebo soon after I arrived in Malthus.  It's a nice, quiet spot where they can enjoy afternoon tea and watch sailboats back along the Pudding/Whitmarsh shore.

469493435_SwithinsBridge5-14-2020TiltingMeadows1.jpg.c2999a8e52f85021772e4f05eb1e8225.jpg

I was starting to get a bit tired by the time I walked as far as Tilting Meadows, east of Malthus.  The sun was still high and warm by mid-afternoon, and this long dress does hold the heat in despite the flowing skirt.  Instead of staying right along the water, then, I decided to stroll along the town's streets.  I should have realized, though, that the land here wouldn't be as level as it had been to the west.  They don't call this area Tilting Meadows for nothing, after all. There's quite a bit of up and down, making for some terrific places for homes but also meaning that I had to slow my pace.

746128780_SwithinsBridge5-14-2020Merriweather1.jpg.b9e4c061fb79c5f519d8f614c2377833.jpg

Here's the coast in Merriweather, where you can look back to see what I mean about the ups and downs in Tilting Meadows.  I stood here under a gigantic willow for a long time, enjoying the sea breeze and listening to warblers.  I had walked much farther than I planned by this time, so I decided not to go beyond Soft Downs, just another few hundred meters ahead.

670004032_SwithinsBridge5-14-2020SoftDowns1.jpg.553db06d82c5b3226d14ed49eb077feb.jpg

And here it is.  Soft Downs is a gentle community with curving streets and large shade trees, a good place to rest and put my feet up.  I spotted a walkway between homes and walked down it to take one last view of the coast.

684910824_SwithinsBridge5-14-2020SoftDownsEND.jpg.111ce55f7f525de18df69b05363a740d.jpg

Isn't that magnificent?  That's Tilting Meadows and Malthus over there.  My starting point, way back in Swithins Bridge, is far beyond that point in the distance. From there to this rocky spot I had walked across what, seven regions? No wonder I was tired. If you're planning on following my route, I suggest doing it in smaller steps, and maybe in lighter clothing. I still like to look my best when I am exploring -- and I do love this hat -- but maybe something more casual would be a better idea for a long hike.

 

 

Edited by Rolig Loon
Ooopsie
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2019 at 6:14 PM, Marianne Little said:

New tower:

And I had to have a clear picture here so you can see it better. I did as I said, 5 walls with rectangular windows, 2 solid walls and one with a round window.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/436002-bellisserians-show-off-your-home-and-garden/?do=findComment&comment=1944272

 

tower_008.jpg

I adore this! Do you sell this?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I adore this! Do you sell this?

No, and the windows there has a crap LOD. This is the house I wish I had not abandoned, and it is a mole ferry from the lighthouse to the Fairgrounds (Not visible in the picture). I took the ferry and almost shrieked. It looked awful from a distance. I put it away and try to forget it. 😱

So you don't want it. It is a proof of the difference between happy amateur and professional.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...