Jump to content
Patch Linden

The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I cannot clearly decide between the Overlook or the Grand View as my fav. log home. The Overlook is stunning & has just the right lay out & number of rooms so it wins for now, but one can do sooo much with a Grand View and being able to turn it to get a better view is genius. ❤️ the Log Home release.

 

GrandView:GrandView:GrandView:

 

Edited by KatHeartsong Kaos
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When you're just exploring your friend's new place, and end up falling through a volcano, after finding the One Ring. Credits to @Faydra Foden

Edit: the pretty lady in the picture is Fay,not me 🤣🤣🤣

OneRingB.png

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

When you're just exploring your friend's new place, and end up falling through a volcano, after finding the One Ring.

Sneaky residents has found my Precious.ss..s.... 💍.......

  • Like 4
  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Dyna Mole said:

Sneaky residents has found my Precious.ss..s.... 💍.......

That was too much @Dyna Mole, we just kept falling through the lava   🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I planted flowers in the garden so that when you enter the room, you can see through the window and the flowers become another painting on the wall.
Here I also continued with the images of the animals.

LOG-V1_032.thumb.jpg.7620752ff2b83c49f97c97dba9e90e11.jpg

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the kitchen of the cabin, fish, mushrooms, herbs, and wines for a healthy diet ...
I took advantage and recycled the wood that the Moles abandoned in the creation package.

LOG-V1_020.thumb.jpg.7008d996e6d2d4c7d9d971f2eb82e7e1.jpg

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My alt Pat likes to ride across the paths at the camper regions, especially taking a rest at the waterfalls. Is there anything more relaxing than a waterfall, glimmering in the afternoon sun? Or a calming pond between green meadows?
 

Pat fährt spazieren 2_001.jpg

Edited by Anidusa Carolina
  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have been spending way too much time recently in the newly-opened regions of Bellisseria in the east.  Don't get me wrong -- they are beautiful.  So far, though, I haven't found many small ponds and lakes like the ones where I like to swim in the hills of the northwestern corner of Bellisseria.  Now that the weather is getting warmer, I decided that it was time to go back and revisit some of those favorite spots.  As soon as the sun was up this morning, then, I slipped a bridle onto my horse and headed for Paislee Springs.

1562318621_PaisleeSprings4-18-2020PaisleeSpringsSTART.jpg.558f98342d0b5b4c1a79d9ed21dc067a.jpg

There are several nice ponds along the ridge in Paislee Springs, but I really like this one best.  It's ringed by a high rock wall on three sides, grassy on the bottom, and just deep enough to dive in, but shallow enough that it warms all the way to the bottom once the weather is nice.  I could spend hours here.  In fact, I was there for much of the morning until I could see that my horse was getting restless. He's patient, for a horse, but self-centered.  Once he saw that I was relaxing at the edge instead of paddling around, he started making those annoying "chuff-chuff" sounds that mean it's time to dry off and move on.

1734065674_PaisleeSprings4-18-2020PaisleeSprings2.jpg.9ea668037a50cbf1359ba1de0615e317.jpg

I dug a little treat out of my pack and told him that he was a good horse, which is mostly true. He is a good companion. I mounted up and we headed northeast along the ridge.

1141581860_PaisleeSprings4-18-2020PaisleeSprings3.jpg.ad9f6f423e148951644005a47a6c7f6b.jpg

The ridge is a natural divide between the neighborhoods of traditional homes to the north and a wide region of camping trailer sites to the south. It's quite pretty up there, grassy with plenty of trees.  It beats getting around on the dirt roads or on paved streets, and you can a great view of the land too.

1337053509_PaisleeSprings4-18-2020PaisleeSprings4.jpg.4151dab78824406f60954dba7ac0a7bc.jpg

There are a couple more ponds in the northeast corner of Paislee Springs -- shallower and closer to private property, but still fun to splash around in when there's nobody in sight.

874909868_PaisleeSprings4-18-2020PaisleeSprings5.jpg.cf81c911190488d1909cb3c6a1a6e518.jpg 

For some reason, my horse has always liked this one.  It's a little too public for my taste, but I suspect he likes it because of the flowers or maybe the butterflies. He heads for them first thing.  When he does that, I'm the one who has to be patient.  He gets pouty if I drag him away too quickly.

538676908_PaisleeSprings4-18-2020Colchester1.jpg.5762143e30a1f0a1aa1d05253d2bf9d9.jpg

At the northeast corner of the region, you can look down into the streets of Colchester and all the way to the ocean at Hartnell. On a good day, you can even see the houseboat community at Bowhead.  As I recall, those are great neighborhoods with some imaginative gardens. Even late in the morning, there weren't many people around, but that's normal here. 

1256742925_PaisleeSprings4-18-2020BadgerMounds1.jpg.ad0c1d4d2f0e46ad12327020a54efb1d.jpg

The ridge narrows a bit as you wander along it and into Badger Mounds. This makes my horse a bit nervous, which is understandable.  He doesn't mind heights, but the wind unsettles him, so I have to keep whispering encouragement until we are past the open areas.

1238645169_PaisleeSprings4-18-2020BadgerMounds2.jpg.29fd0eb44bf3451db2ebe63be3a4737d.jpg

As you can see, the ridge is not really all that high.  It's barely above the rooftops of some of the trailers on the south side, and it gets lower to the northeast. 

807390768_PaisleeSprings4-18-2020BadgerMounds3.jpg.97496d19134f7b3f2ce83bf5c9b2e635.jpg

What surprised me, though, was discovering a lovely small pond almost to the end of the ridge.  I could swear that I have been here before, but maybe it was late enough in the season that I couldn't see the water through the trees.  Anyway, I missed it before, so we had to go take a look.

1082886241_PaisleeSprings4-18-2020BadgerMounds4.jpg.a9f4f65bdc3c1fce77fc8484d091681d.jpg

And there it is ... not much of a pond, barely 40 meters across but still very pretty. It's grassy all the way around, and there are trees and low bushes for shade.  Even my horse seemed impressed.  I dismounted and told him he could wander around and nibble the clover. I had a bite of lunch before I got into the serious business of seeing how deep the water was.  

773443548_PaisleeSprings4-18-2020BadgerMoundsEND.jpg.de907c88789438118ad476423fae6992.jpg

The pond turns out to be pretty shallow but still fine for casual swimming.  I could still push off and take four or five strokes to swim from one side to the other.  And it was warm. Altogether, this doesn't count as a major discovery, but it was a nice find for a bright spring morning.  I think my horse liked it too.  At least, he was quiet and let me float.

 

 

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos, of course
  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2020 at 12:38 AM, Nando Yip said:

In the kitchen of the cabin, fish, mushrooms, herbs, and wines for a healthy diet ...
I took advantage and recycled the wood that the Moles abandoned in the creation package.

LOG-V1_020.thumb.jpg.7008d996e6d2d4c7d9d971f2eb82e7e1.jpg

You should post bigger images, it was a lot of details I should love to see better. Where did you get the floor tiles? 🤩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nando Yip said:

hi @Marianne Little, I usually make my floor textures from real floors for sale in RL stores.
here   http://www.ladrilhossantoantonio.com.br/   is a good example.

Yum. I already tried that with a wallpaper, but I could not get a professional seamless look. So I stick to shopping textures then. Thank you for the reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm sure that I have mentioned this before, but the seafloor in Bellisseria is mostly dead boring.  It looks like this almost anywhere you go:

37637297_Castoff4-29-2020SilentShoresSTART.jpg.7c1580a0e61085140b0123d8ad716905.jpg

I realize this isn't much of a concern for most people, but for those of us mermaidy-types who spend our time below the surface, well ... it's monotonous. That's why most of the travel reports that I have posted here end up showing more things above water than under it.  Still, I've found treasures and amusing things in all corners of Bellisseria's ocean, and I bet any mermaid can tell you about ones she's discovered.  Let me show you a few photos that I took as I swam in the shallow waters along the east coast from Castoff to Beluga Sound yesterday. It's a fun bit of coastline -- houseboat marinas almost all the way.

 1720552697_Castoff4-29-2020Castoff1.jpg.e2f72044a2def63ffe5a8519c4856108.jpg

Here's a lovely garden spot in Castoff.  It's teeming with fish -- lots of little ones and one real giant, plus jellyfish and shrimp.  I've always been fond of clown fish, so I smiled to see them.  I'm not sure about that fake pool, but it does add a humorous touch.  The big guy seems to like jumping into it too.

429584452_Castoff4-29-2020Armada1.jpg.5297d86ab715e895fe1c138960d44287.jpg

North of the cluster of houseboats in Zut Alors, Castoff, and Rowurboat, there's another tight community around an island and atoll. I had been planning to stay right along the Bellisserian coast, but I couldn't resist a side trip. You probably know the area, just south of the odd bit of permanent sea ice at Moonia. I've shown you photos from there, haven't I?  Maybe?  If not, I'll go back sometime and take a few.

Anyway ... I didn't swim far into the atoll, but here's a fun spot in Armada that's worth looking at. It has lush walls of kelp and the remains of a sailing vessel of some kind. No fish, but really nice plants. I was a little annoyed at being asked to leave less than 15 seconds after I went in to take a close look, but I had time to take a photo.

1457413103_Castoff4-29-2020Surfdom1.jpg.0b05aa92d686836d98052e7ff23969d4.jpg

Then I swam back across Northwest Passage to the shallow waters in Surfdom, where I found one of these funny little green fish hanging around under the docks. You can find them  all over Bellisseria if you keep your eyes open.  I've shown you photos before, a couple even in the inland lakes at the far west edge of the continent. They're solitary creatures, not very talkative.

1662205916_Castoff4-29-2020Sprinkles1.jpg.a0ce9576788cf157f578c3b564035b07.jpg

Not far to the west, I ran into this playful porpoise in Sprinkles. Actually, I saw two others in the area as well.  They are much more social than the little green guy -- almost too social.  This one kept circling me and trying to nudge me off balance but, of course, I have spent enough time around porpoises to know that game.  The trick is to fade to one side just before he runs into you and then grab his dorsal fin and flip him off balance so he runs nose down into the sand.  It's good for laughs all around.  OK, you have to be there, I guess.

1868542976_Castoff4-29-2020Sprinkles2.jpg.8a700253b57d6c41ad78270de0c479de.jpgto 

Not all the nice spots in Sprinkles are completely underwater.  I found this pleasant patch of sea grass and reeds nearby.  If you've never played tag around floating seaweed, you've missed something.  If you're good at it, you can get anyone following you all wound up in the stuff while you head for the bottom, laughing. This patch isn't big enough for much of a game, but it's nice and dense like the places my sister and I used to play in, years ago.  

824245842_Castoff4-29-2020Sternwheeler1.jpg.97109fa82b6d36d801569619845664ec.jpg

And then there's this surprise, a seahorse of a different color. Don't you love her tattoos?  I never expected to find anything like her right in the middle of a flat empty area in Sternwheeler.  Horses are strange animals, whether on land or in the ocean.  They sleep standing up, like this one.  She never moved a muscle while I was there, so I'm assuming she was asleep.

1295914479_Castoff4-29-2020CantripCoast1.jpg.1ca156a9ef2d86151064e6c9480aa171.jpg

Here's another tasteful little garden in Cantrip Coast, further along the shore to the west.  It has a very minimalist feel, so it has attracted only the smallest phosphorescent fish. They are very delicate creatures, and curious.  If you hold very still, they swirl around you in an eddy, playing their own silly game.

1814692146_Castoff4-29-2020Porthole1.jpg.1d4d59273d2ca1c391752ffd195dc758.jpg

In contrast, this creature I ran into in Porthole is definitely not delicate or dainty.  Fortunately, he's also dumb and not very fast.  I draw the line at playing rough and tumble games with anything that big.  They're like big puppies -- playful but not careful about watching out for others.

1191389006_Castoff4-29-2020SSPE2661.jpg.b0a7759fa9fced9aefe1e592a49ebc05.jpg

Finally, here's where I ended up, in the mermaid grotto just south of Beluga Sound.  I first showed you this spot way last summer, and it's still a favorite.  Also a good place for mermaids to hang out and trade stories.  And a place to show off some of the odder things we have found, plus beautiful flowers like nothing you've ever seen on land. Drop by sometime.  You never know who you might meet or what you might find..

 

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos, of course
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

824245842_Castoff4-29-2020Sternwheeler1.jpg.97109fa82b6d36d801569619845664ec.jpg

And then there's this surprise, a seahorse of a different color. Don't you love her tattoos?  I never expected to find anything like her right in the middle of a flat empty area in Sternwheeler.  Horses are strange animals, whether on land or in the ocean.  They sleep standing up, like this one.  She never moved a muscle while I was there, so I'm assuming she was asleep.

LOL - I love the horse under water.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2020 at 3:13 PM, Nando Yip said:

I planted flowers in the garden so that when you enter the room, you can see through the window and the flowers become another painting on the wall.
Here I also continued with the images of the animals.

LOG-V1_032.thumb.jpg.7620752ff2b83c49f97c97dba9e90e11.jpg

That is such a cool effect with the flowers/window.  Genius.  And I love the theme and color scheme, especially the beetle rug.  Where did you get it?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2020 at 3:57 PM, Rolig Loon said:

I have been spending way too much time recently in the newly-opened regions of Bellisseria in the east.  Don't get me wrong -- they are beautiful.  So far, though, I haven't found many small ponds and lakes like the ones where I like to swim in the hills of the northwestern corner of Bellisseria.  Now that the weather is getting warmer, I decided that it was time to go back and revisit some of those favorite spots.  As soon as the sun was up this morning, then, I slipped a bridle onto my horse and headed for Paislee Springs.

1562318621_PaisleeSprings4-18-2020PaisleeSpringsSTART.jpg.558f98342d0b5b4c1a79d9ed21dc067a.jpg

There are several nice ponds along the ridge in Paislee Springs, but I really like this one best.  It's ringed by a high rock wall on three sides, grassy on the bottom, and just deep enough to dive in, but shallow enough that it warms all the way to the bottom once the weather is nice.  I could spend hours here.  In fact, I was there for much of the morning until I could see that my horse was getting restless. He's patient, for a horse, but self-centered.  Once he saw that I was relaxing at the edge instead of paddling around, he started making those annoying "chuff-chuff" sounds that mean it's time to dry off and move on.

1734065674_PaisleeSprings4-18-2020PaisleeSprings2.jpg.9ea668037a50cbf1359ba1de0615e317.jpg

I dug a little treat out of my pack and told him that he was a good horse, which is mostly true. He is a good companion. I mounted up and we headed northeast along the ridge.

1141581860_PaisleeSprings4-18-2020PaisleeSprings3.jpg.ad9f6f423e148951644005a47a6c7f6b.jpg

The ridge is a natural divide between the neighborhoods of traditional homes to the north and a wide region of camping trailer sites to the south. It's quite pretty up there, grassy with plenty of trees.  It beats getting around on the dirt roads or on paved streets, and you can a great view of the land too.

1337053509_PaisleeSprings4-18-2020PaisleeSprings4.jpg.4151dab78824406f60954dba7ac0a7bc.jpg

There are a couple more ponds in the northeast corner of Paislee Springs -- shallower and closer to private property, but still fun to splash around in when there's nobody in sight.

874909868_PaisleeSprings4-18-2020PaisleeSprings5.jpg.cf81c911190488d1909cb3c6a1a6e518.jpg 

For some reason, my horse has always liked this one.  It's a little too public for my taste, but I suspect he likes it because of the flowers or maybe the butterflies. He heads for them first thing.  When he does that, I'm the one who has to be patient.  He gets pouty if I drag him away too quickly.

538676908_PaisleeSprings4-18-2020Colchester1.jpg.5762143e30a1f0a1aa1d05253d2bf9d9.jpg

At the northeast corner of the region, you can look down into the streets of Colchester and all the way to the ocean at Hartnell. On a good day, you can even see the houseboat community at Bowhead.  As I recall, those are great neighborhoods with some imaginative gardens. Even late in the morning, there weren't many people around, but that's normal here. 

1256742925_PaisleeSprings4-18-2020BadgerMounds1.jpg.ad0c1d4d2f0e46ad12327020a54efb1d.jpg

The ridge narrows a bit as you wander along it and into Badger Mounds. This makes my horse a bit nervous, which is understandable.  He doesn't mind heights, but the wind unsettles him, so I have to keep whispering encouragement until we are past the open areas.

1238645169_PaisleeSprings4-18-2020BadgerMounds2.jpg.29fd0eb44bf3451db2ebe63be3a4737d.jpg

As you can see, the ridge is not really all that high.  It's barely above the rooftops of some of the trailers on the south side, and it gets lower to the northeast. 

807390768_PaisleeSprings4-18-2020BadgerMounds3.jpg.97496d19134f7b3f2ce83bf5c9b2e635.jpg

What surprised me, though, was discovering a lovely small pond almost to the end of the ridge.  I could swear that I have been here before, but maybe it was late enough in the season that I couldn't see the water through the trees.  Anyway, I missed it before, so we had to go take a look.

1082886241_PaisleeSprings4-18-2020BadgerMounds4.jpg.a9f4f65bdc3c1fce77fc8484d091681d.jpg

And there it is ... not much of a pond, barely 40 meters across but still very pretty. It's grassy all the way around, and there are trees and low bushes for shade.  Even my horse seemed impressed.  I dismounted and told him he could wander around and nibble the clover. I had a bite of lunch before I got into the serious business of seeing how deep the water was.  

773443548_PaisleeSprings4-18-2020BadgerMoundsEND.jpg.de907c88789438118ad476423fae6992.jpg

The pond turns out to be pretty shallow but still fine for casual swimming.  I could still push off and take four or five strokes to swim from one side to the other.  And it was warm. Altogether, this doesn't count as a major discovery, but it was a nice find for a bright spring morning.  I think my horse liked it too.  At least, he was quiet and let me float.

 

 

 

I'm in a small group of friends that has a trailer (the one with the radio tower) right up against this ridge and footsteps from one of the ponds.  Walking that ridge is an absolute delight.  Perhaps we'll be there at the same time, in which case I hope my inventory has an apple for your horse.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2020 at 5:30 AM, Marianne Little said:

You should post bigger images, it was a lot of details I should love to see better. Where did you get the floor tiles? 🤩

Click the image enough times and you should get to the large one.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2020 at 7:34 PM, Rolig Loon said:

I'm sure that I have mentioned this before, but the seafloor in Bellisseria is mostly dead boring.  It looks like this almost anywhere you go:

37637297_Castoff4-29-2020SilentShoresSTART.jpg.7c1580a0e61085140b0123d8ad716905.jpg

I realize this isn't much of a concern for most people, but for those of us mermaidy-types who spend our time below the surface, well ... it's monotonous. That's why most of the travel reports that I have posted here end up showing more things above water than under it.  Still, I've found treasures and amusing things in all corners of Bellisseria's ocean, and I bet any mermaid can tell you about ones she's discovered.  Let me show you a few photos that I took as I swam in the shallow waters along the east coast from Castoff to Beluga Sound yesterday. It's a fun bit of coastline -- houseboat marinas almost all the way.

 1720552697_Castoff4-29-2020Castoff1.jpg.e2f72044a2def63ffe5a8519c4856108.jpg

Here's a lovely garden spot in Castoff.  It's teeming with fish -- lots of little ones and one real giant, plus jellyfish and shrimp.  I've always been fond of clown fish, so I smiled to see them.  I'm not sure about that fake pool, but it does add a humorous touch.  The big guy seems to like jumping into it too.

429584452_Castoff4-29-2020Armada1.jpg.5297d86ab715e895fe1c138960d44287.jpg

North of the cluster of houseboats in Zut Alors, Castoff, and Rowurboat, there's another tight community around an island and atoll. I had been planning to stay right along the Bellisserian coast, but I couldn't resist a side trip. You probably know the area, just south of the odd bit of permanent sea ice at Moonia. I've shown you photos from there, haven't I?  Maybe?  If not, I'll go back sometime and take a few.

Anyway ... I didn't swim far into the atoll, but here's a fun spot in Armada that's worth looking at. It has lush walls of kelp and the remains of a sailing vessel of some kind. No fish, but really nice plants. I was a little annoyed at being asked to leave less than 15 seconds after I went in to take a close look, but I had time to take a photo.

1457413103_Castoff4-29-2020Surfdom1.jpg.0b05aa92d686836d98052e7ff23969d4.jpg

Then I swam back across Northwest Passage to the shallow waters in Surfdom, where I found one of these funny little green fish hanging around under the docks. You can find them  all over Bellisseria if you keep your eyes open.  I've shown you photos before, a couple even in the inland lakes at the far west edge of the continent. They're solitary creatures, not very talkative.

1662205916_Castoff4-29-2020Sprinkles1.jpg.a0ce9576788cf157f578c3b564035b07.jpg

Not far to the west, I ran into this playful porpoise in Sprinkles. Actually, I saw two others in the area as well.  They are much more social than the little green guy -- almost too social.  This one kept circling me and trying to nudge me off balance but, of course, I have spent enough time around porpoises to know that game.  The trick is to fade to one side just before he runs into you and then grab his dorsal fin and flip him off balance so he runs nose down into the sand.  It's good for laughs all around.  OK, you have to be there, I guess.

1868542976_Castoff4-29-2020Sprinkles2.jpg.8a700253b57d6c41ad78270de0c479de.jpgto 

Not all the nice spots in Sprinkles are completely underwater.  I found this pleasant patch of sea grass and reeds nearby.  If you've never played tag around floating seaweed, you've missed something.  If you're good at it, you can get anyone following you all wound up in the stuff while you head for the bottom, laughing. This patch isn't big enough for much of a game, but it's nice and dense like the places my sister and I used to play in, years ago.  

824245842_Castoff4-29-2020Sternwheeler1.jpg.97109fa82b6d36d801569619845664ec.jpg

And then there's this surprise, a seahorse of a different color. Don't you love her tattoos?  I never expected to find anything like her right in the middle of a flat empty area in Sternwheeler.  Horses are strange animals, whether on land or in the ocean.  They sleep standing up, like this one.  She never moved a muscle while I was there, so I'm assuming she was asleep.

1295914479_Castoff4-29-2020CantripCoast1.jpg.1ca156a9ef2d86151064e6c9480aa171.jpg

Here's another tasteful little garden in Cantrip Coast, further along the shore to the west.  It has a very minimalist feel, so it has attracted only the smallest phosphorescent fish. They are very delicate creatures, and curious.  If you hold very still, they swirl around you in an eddy, playing their own silly game.

1814692146_Castoff4-29-2020Porthole1.jpg.1d4d59273d2ca1c391752ffd195dc758.jpg

In contrast, this creature I ran into in Porthole is definitely not delicate or dainty.  Fortunately, he's also dumb and not very fast.  I draw the line at playing rough and tumble games with anything that big.  They're like big puppies -- playful but not careful about watching out for others.

1191389006_Castoff4-29-2020SSPE2661.jpg.b0a7759fa9fced9aefe1e592a49ebc05.jpg

Finally, here's where I ended up, in the mermaid grotto just south of Beluga Sound.  I first showed you this spot way last summer, and it's still a favorite.  Also a good place for mermaids to hang out and trade stories.  And a place to show off some of the odder things we have found, plus beautiful flowers like nothing you've ever seen on land. Drop by sometime.  You never know who you might meet or what you might find..

 

 

OMG the only thing better than your pics are the stories you weave out of them.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Esse é um efeito tão legal com as flores / janela. Gênio. E eu amo o tema e o esquema de cores, especialmente o tapete de besouros. Onde você conseguiu isso?

Thank you @Rabeta Cheetah
The carpet I made, however the textures you find here:  https://www.flickr.com/people/biodivlibrary/ 

and you can use the images as long as it is not for commercial use. see the website for rules and licenses.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is really just a quick follow-up to the exploration that I posted yesterday, not a fresh, exciting trip. After I posted those photos, I got thinking about Moonia, which I mentioned in passing as if you had of course heard about it or been there.  I even thought I had shown you photos in a previous post.  I'm truly sorry about that. I looked, but I guess I never did, so here's a very short trip.

1259028702_Moonia3-5-2000MooniaPREstart.jpg.0f34e99bae6a62e9915b6c044b3d1dbe.jpg

Being a mermaid, I tend to approach places from underwater.  That can be disorienting to land-dwellers, but it makes a lot of sense in this case because Moonia is floating.  You can see the entire place from down under. It's even more impressive that way. 

I have no idea where that mess of sea ice came from or why it doesn't melt. It's the only sea ice in Bellisseria, so it must have drifted in for quite a distance. 

1051669367_Moonia3-5-2000MooniaSTART.jpg.8a365eac5992114bdde8db7414d43a79.jpg

When you get up close, you can see that it's not just a single piece of ice with little chunks floating next to it.  Even the main body is made of smaller flat bits that have frozen together. Also, it is a floe, not an iceberg. That means it is made of water that froze in place on the sea rather than calving off of a glacier and falling into the ocean.

2057164511_Moonia3-5-2000Moonia5.jpg.db49ae0282c4478508e78ac74d44c2cb.jpg

Moonia is a fun tourist attraction.  It does attract some curious visitors, but they seem welcome.  It's quite close to the houseboat community at Melville Deep and to the beach properties at Goodbury, so it's an easy destination if you have a small boat in that part of the world.  I suppose you could even land an airplane there. I haven't seen people sunning themselves on deck chairs, but I don't know why not. Most surprisingly, the water there isn't very cold either. (Trust me. I'd know.)

942487542_Moonia3-5-2000Moonia4.jpg.e55354397f199b9fd078d9796e959967.jpg

Here's the only dwelling in the area, a small fishing shack that has been unoccupied every time I have visited.  There's always a fire in the stove and a pot of coffee brewing.

So, that makes up for my oversight, I hope. I could have saved these photos for another time, but they really belonged with the stuff I posted yesterday. As always, go see for yourself. It may be the most unusual spot in Bellisseria.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...