Jump to content

The Linden Homes Photo Thread


Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

But she isn't joking... My parcel has one. I didn't notice it until she posted the pic.

f268d268b54985fee056e0035aa10c18.png.c53930a76a96c05a9812c6e57a98e22a.png

It's owned by Mystic and created by Ancient.

Yeah, I found it, though I think @Patch Linden put it there to get me back for all my nagging, rather than @Dyna Mole because of it's location, no wonder I never spotted it. Because an extension cord running ALLL the way from there to my Camper would become a major tripping-hazard! LOL

Electrical Hookup

Patch and sometimes the Moles are EVIL! Please, never stop!

💗

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok here we go. If the greenhouse wasn't empty, the garden would be almost finished. I only take 1 picture inside, I spent most time and LI in the garden.  

After days and days of tweaking, I think I’m finally done with my Victorian (maybe). I am so happy!    

Hello everyone   This is my first time posting in the forum, but I've been a member of SL since 2010. However, I took a loooong break - from around beginning of 2012 to around mid last year. I ca

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

I sense an impending demand for extension cords...... 😁  And buckets ....

I searched the MP the other day for an extension cord & could not find....I tried all sorts of words to find....would love to know if someone does find.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RacyAcey said:

I searched the MP the other day for an extension cord & could not find....I tried all sorts of words to find....would love to know if someone does find.

I think the problem is that the power junction is positioned in random places outside each parcel, so it would be hard to find an extension cord to fit all. On top of that how do we (legally, as in adhering to covenant) connect an extension cord to the power outlet without extending beyond parcel boundaries? It might be possible to create extension cords in three pieces so you could conceivably adjust the middle section between the plugs but without use of an anchor prim (a root prim that stays within the parcel boundary linked to a plug that extends outside of it) I'm not sure how it would be possible...? 🤔

But maybe this might help? https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Electricity-Mesh-full-perm-ZimberLab-Builders-Kit-A/3593735

Edited by RaeLeeH
Added link.
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Because an extension cord running ALLL the way from there to my Camper would become a major tripping-hazard! LOL

Pile rocks along it, or maybe put bushes and your picnic table over it?  Damn OSHA!  Full speed ahead!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

I think the problem is that the power junction is positioned in random places outside each parcel, so it would be hard to find an extension cord to fit all. On top of that how do we (legally, as in adhering to covenant) connect an extension cord to the power outlet without extending beyond parcel boundaries? It might be possible to create extension cords in three pieces so you could conceivably adjust the middle section between the plugs but without use of an anchor prim (a root prim that stays within the parcel boundary linked to a plug that extends outside of it) I'm not sure how it would be possible...? 🤔

 

You would definitely have to have a root prim on your own property, but could likely get away with extending it out to be positioned such that it appears to be plugged in to that post.  We already know, from the House decorations, that items that definitely fit within theme and only extend a tiny bit outside of your parcel are being allowed.  People have been planting flowers outside the house fence lines, with root prim on their property. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure where to put this.

Since I'm taking the photo from my front yard, I guess it fits here. I know I have a hard time finding low prim/low cost decor ideas for holidays so when I find something I feel is so sweet,  I want to share. I came across this adorable little pumpkin couple in my search across the marketplace in a huge box of decorations. Everything in the box is one land impact. They are all mesh and full perm.  You get tons of decor for one linden! Please if you purchase the item read the full perm policy included on the marketplace page. I apologize if this is the wrong place.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/XO-Full-Perm-Fall-Yard-Decor/6449211

48786388052_36973861f9_b.jpg

Edited by LyricalBookworm
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You would definitely have to have a root prim on your own property, but could likely get away with extending it out to be positioned such that it appears to be plugged in to that post.  We already know, from the House decorations, that items that definitely fit within theme and only extend a tiny bit outside of your parcel are being allowed.  People have been planting flowers outside the house fence lines, with root prim on their property. 

I thought as much but I'm in the mindset of "once bitten, twice shy" as I had a driveway that extended out of my property in my last home returned, so now I've been sticking strictly to the limits. Others may have to attempt the root-prim trick and see how it works for them. It's doable but does run the risk that it could be returned so... if someone wants to try, by all means. :) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

The amazing Campwich Forest and Campwich Lodge on a autumn Wednesday morning Campwich Forest_026.jpg

Is this you as a plushy Panda now? ~Makes a 'come hither' finger gesture~ Come 'ere, I need to decorate the pillows on my Camper bed and Black and White will be perfect.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daniel Voyager said:

For now yeah lol

You did not say whether you are willing to come sit on my pillows as a decoration piece and do nothing else. You can always organize your years of inventory while you sit there. ~harrumphs~ :P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The moles have been busy on Pickle Island this week. Regions are being decorated faster than I can explore them, and they are all fascinating.

Within the past day, @Daniel Voyager and @Alyona Su have both posted about the new Tusktooth region on the east coast, where there is a new mermaid grotto.  It's not open officially yet, but I had to go see for myself.

It's not hard to find. I started from the pinnacle rocks at the south end of the houseboat docks and swam east.

1287515726_Mermaid9-25-2019_10.png.063ac65d4642783e94a88e4cf73c3762.png

No more than 100 m away, a gigantic rock mass dominates the seafloor.  It's more than half a region long. It took me quite a long time to swim all around it, scouting out landmarks.

760614173_Mermaid9-25-2019_2.png.eb96ffe9b499ad6863af0ed205edf962.png

I discovered that there are several openings between rocks, all quite easy to swim through and surprisingly well-lit, thanks to an abundance of Glowing Moleweed.

1052473437_Mermaid9-25-2019_9.png.ea8cb0e807b429d19abfd76e15652730.png

Unlike the  twisting maze grotto in Picards Wharf, this new one is a single gigantic room. Its floor is covered with a mat of sea grasses, and the luminous Moleweed is everywhere, in many colors.

150448195_Mermaid9-25-2019_4.png.8a1f5a46cef87d6f72a22a7c47e52276.png

I spent more than a half hour poking around nooks and crannies.  The walls have a soft blue glow in places, and I found masses of bright red, blue, and lavender crystals. ( Ooo!  I hope they aren't radioactive!  I didn't even think of that until now.  No, it's probably phosphorescence.  Yes, that's it. I'm sure the moles wouldn't build anything dangerous. ......  right? )

1625169185_Mermaid9-25-2019_7.png.cdf5af225d470523509b9439bf243f93.png

2098257094_Mermaid9-25-2019_1.png.8bf452d85bc84a5b28f5e94758c62f0b.png

This would be a wonderful place for a large scale gathering of merfolk, or anyone else. Heck, this place is almost as big as Bellisseria Fairgrounds, and you know how many people can gather there. Look at all the room for dancing!

1174524184_Mermaid9-25-2019_6.png.10da8a8a01b06b35db30284851409b14.png

And look what else!  Treasure! I have no idea why moles would just leave it lying around like this....

1830568846_Mermaid9-25-2019_11.png.f0ae755b8cce3a469b382447ecc1a997.png

... except that they are lovely, trusting moles, and I suspect they have way more where this pile came from.  

  • Like 16
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love reading about your adventures @Rolig Loon; is it terrible that I wish they were longer? So very descriptive yet funny and creative; you really capture the essence of Bellisseria better than... well practically anyone! I'm not sure what the official mascot for Bellisseria is but if it's Merfolk then your avatar would have to be the unofficial poster-child! Though you were riding a horse the other day... At least you have land and sea covered, now you just need an avatar that flies! 😁👍❤️ 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2019 at 11:50 AM, RacyAcey said:

I searched the MP the other day for an extension cord & could not find....I tried all sorts of words to find....would love to know if someone does find.

The best I could come up with (I did find a few items) that would not cost a huge amount in LI is this from MP.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/cYo-Electricity-Kit-Power-Outlets-Plug-and-Cables-European-version-full-perms-mesh/3432078

Or you could go with this simple sculpty plug and attach a long round prim to it, anchoring it to your parcel.

Removed that link, that sculpt was way too prim heavy.  😒

Edited by PrudenceAnton
removed link
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I have come to the conclusion that some of these interesting, challenging questions of humor, I'm going to start ignoring.  Yeah, I just had to see if I could pull this off.

Land impact cost is 3.  I didn't bother to use the wacky hookups that the moles put down, cause I didn't want to further aggravate myself.

Solution, put out my own trailer hookup and well, hooked up to it!  So I got an outlet socket, used a lamp plug I had and made a long prim to hook the pieces together.  For a better look and lower LI I'd recommend to those that really want to have this look on their trailer, to invest in the cYo Electricity Kit: Power Outlets, Plug and Cables (European version), full perms mesh And get the 19 - DRD - Trailer Park - Hookup.  It should only cost between 2-3 LI doing this and you can keep it on your parcel this way, too.

 

2117781357_trailerhookup.thumb.png.26555666afbb703de13896d8d657f890.png

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Well, I have come to the conclusion that some of these interesting, challenging questions of humor, I'm going to start ignoring.  Yeah, I just had to see if I could pull this off.

Land impact cost is 3.  I didn't bother to use the wacky hookups that the moles put down, cause I didn't want to further aggravate myself.

Solution, put out my own trailer hookup and well, hooked up to it!  So I got an outlet socket, used a lamp plug I had and made a long prim to hook the pieces together.  For a better look and lower LI I'd recommend to those that really want to have this look on their trailer, to invest in the cYo Electricity Kit: Power Outlets, Plug and Cables (European version), full perms mesh And get the 19 - DRD - Trailer Park - Hookup.  It should only cost between 2-3 LI doing this and you can keep it on your parcel this way, too.

 

2117781357_trailerhookup.thumb.png.26555666afbb703de13896d8d657f890.png

Can’t read your text in dark mode, FYI.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Solution, put out my own trailer hookup and well, hooked up to it!  So I got an outlet socket, used a lamp plug I had and made a long prim to hook the pieces together.  For a better look and lower LI I'd recommend to those that really want to have this look on their trailer, to invest in the cYo Electricity Kit: Power Outlets, Plug and Cables (European version), full perms mesh And get the 19 - DRD - Trailer Park - Hookup.  It should only cost between 2-3 LI doing this and you can keep it on your parcel this way, too.

For anyone else thinking about getting the DRD Trailer Park Hookup set:   It is a Gacha item, which by default means No Copy / No Mod.  However, BEFORE unpacking it, you can take the box to their Gacha Exchange area (link below) and exchange it for a Copy/Mod version.  The exchange will only work on the original package.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Death Row North/135/162/23

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...