The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

I was just tending to my little fawn, when I noticed how gorgeous the shadows of the trees are in my back yard ❤️  This one tree casts a shadow right down the center of the house, and it really looked pretty and serene to me, I wish I could keep that shadow there forever 😁

Snapshot_1152.thumb.png.2fa7f552b3c6935603fd0f341c8215e1.png

• Like 22

45 minutes ago, WillowTenage said:

I was just tending to my little fawn, when I noticed how gorgeous the shadows of the trees are in my back yard ❤️  This one tree casts a shadow right down the center of the house, and it really looked pretty and serene to me, I wish I could keep that shadow there forever 😁

Snapshot_1152.thumb.png.2fa7f552b3c6935603fd0f341c8215e1.png

Gorgeous view! ❤️ Thx for sharing. :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2019 at 8:48 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Lots more "clutter" now :D.   Come by and visit any time. Heathstone on the beach - only four or five houses to search through - easy. 

I visited your home today, looks even better in SL! You're located in a great location, love all those rocks. Congratulations, the work is stunning

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/20/2019 at 2:28 PM, RaeLeeH said:

My avatar lounged around today for an hour or two "watching tv" with a bowl of popcorn while I was busy in real life. As for the bath, would be a shame to let it all go to waste! 

I also had fun getting out to meet some neighbours today. I can't tell you how amazing it felt to just wander across the street and talk to people I'd probably never meet any other time and just say hello. It made me realise just how cloistered I felt previously living in former mainland, and in a private skybox. Since moving in to my new Linden Home I've met a handful of people now from all corners of the globe, and so far all have been lovely and friendly - even one I thought had come to troll me!

And now for some show and tell.

front.thumb.jpg.d6d82063feac40e7663e22649df4516f.jpg

^ Front entrance.

1945973274_livingroom.thumb.jpg.ca87e43e5df39a540254b954d85206d4.jpg

^ Living room (looking through to bedroom).

bedroom.thumb.jpg.b2acbbc1399c7a5beeb4ca760ee28cfb.jpg

^ Bedroom.

kitchen.thumb.jpg.9b1452c1d45340ffe16aca19183500ed.jpg

^ Kitchen and Dining room.

1870820994_kitchenbathroomlivingroom.thumb.jpg.5ea49a51b2ed4eee965bcb10aa25e890.jpg

^ View from Kitchen to Bathroom and Living room.

bathroom.thumb.jpg.8bf754dcf7f2415ab5336e99a50d0fe5.jpg

^ Bathroom and Laundry (the washing machine is in corner beneath counter).

490183017_viewoutbackdoor.thumb.jpg.9a464dc11ff842e9d1795e4f40bf67d0.jpg

^ View out back door from Kitchen/Dining room.

I still have 160 prims left but as much as I'd love to keep cluttering (and I could!) I'm holding out for the release of the Zooby animesh babies. I've purposefully left room in the bedroom for the furnishings, but for now have stand-in props that I whipped up just to fill the space. Not worth taking pics of *lol*. If I have any prims left after that (I'm cautiously optimistic), then I'll see what else I can add. But I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out so far.

One thing I want to say, and I don't exactly know where on the subforum to share it, but I am seeing some amazing pictures here. I love seeing what people do with their spaces. But at the same time I am also disheartened by the amount of empty buildings I see. For the rush to get them I'd expect people to put some effort in, I'd hope so anyway. I can only hope things improve after the Easter break. It would be a shame for all those wanting a house to not get the chance while so many sit vacant and unused.

love your rooms. this kitchen, who is the creator? how much LI?  i am trying to cut down on mine.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Littlemouse Topaz said:

love your rooms. this kitchen, who is the creator? how much LI?  i am trying to cut down on mine.

Aww thank you! :D

I actually don't live there anymore (*gasp!* I abandoned yesterday) but it's the Roost Palm View Kitchen Set. It doesn't contain animations but it wouldn't take much to add them. LI varies but generally from around 1 LI per section to a few more for others. If you link them together the LI should drop. 

• Like 2

Why offers LL only this domestic wooden homes - i dont say they are ugly but their metratura suffers larger rooms. Thats called SPACE..

@Patch, this is not offensive meant but the us. is not the world, she begins behind your border! Be creative!

Here a few impressions how the next bunch of linden homes could be. These here are free to copy and use plans i found on youtube

South east Asia:

CAM3.jpg?09ada8

SHD-2015025-DESIGN2_View01WM-700x450.jpg

DESIGN4-03WM-700x450.jpg?09ada8

MHD-2017032-Cam1-700x450.jpg?09ada8

35671765_217364545546515_299598188216582

65203085_397299744219660_339739081414017

3.jpg

Russia. This plans are to buy and proofed in real life: some impressions,

d1077f569efa3a98492905db5436ac1e.JPG

acfa6bb1d3fe91b28cb83cc461b11e2f.JPG

Have the lindens ever thought to put some churches and buddhist temples thru Bellisseria?  Thats a part of our culture.

There at least comes the UAE in mind where they built International City;  the Spanish cluster here. Colorful.

The residential clusters include Persia, Greece, Spain, Morocco, England, France, Italy, Russia, China, and Emirates.

th?id=OIP.GTzc6VEXm28rYFxHCYt9sAHaE9%26p

Edited by Monday Avril
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Monday Avril said:

Why offer only this domestic wooden homes - i dont say they are ugly but their metratura suffers larger rooms. Thats called SPACE..

Have the lindens ever thought to put some churches and buddhist temples thru Bellisseria? I can record some nice melodies in Italy as their bells are playing melodies. Not this stupid bang bang bang so many churches use.

Some of these are nice. As for townhouses or something similar there's been speculation on and off that something like that would suit a more urban environment should urban areas be created in Bellisseria. Who knows what the future has in store?

I don't mind some of those newer/modern style homes and if they were small enough I could probably quite happily live in one. But I am in part reminded of the old mainland homes. I do think mesh up-to-date versions would be nice though my main concern IS space. I actually enjoy and wholeheartedly embrace the fact that the new homes are not huge and not vast. The old ones were far too oversized. As it is even now a great majority of homes in SL are still being built this way, probably because that's the standard we have grown used to, and also in part due to having our camera settings too high in relation to avatar placement on the screen (For those that don't believe me, try adjusting it some time. You'd be amazed at how much difference a few degrees in perspective actually makes in terms of spatial relation. But I digress...)

Regarding temples and churches; NO. And I say that emphatically, even at the risk of possibly offending others (which is not my intention).

There has been much discussion on other threads to this end, and arguments made both for and against. This one here would be a good one to start with if you haven't read it already:

Personally I'm of the opinion that religion and politics are two topics best left in the real world (and this includes areas designed for or to promote their use). As Residents we are free to believe and support what we wish providing we don't actively harass others and abide to the Terms of Service (ToS). There is nothing stopping anyone renting a parcel on the mainland and creating their ideal temples and places of relaxation and worship there. But not on Bellisseria. It's too divisive a subject and people are easily offended. 

1 hour ago, halebore Aeon said:

I think having commercial areas too, would be great. So people could sell their wares, right in the community. Maybe a community center, and other things that would promote social interaction. 

Regarding community spaces; as well as reading the topic linked above, bear in mind that Bellisseria is a place for Residents to live first and foremost. It's great we have community places to congregate and socialize but a line has to be drawn in the proverbial sand somewhere; Who decides what is included or excluded, where, and how many prims are set aside for each (keeping in mind that all are prims taken from what could be a premium home as LI is not without limit per region)? Once you've decided all that there's the issues of public opinion; dealing with the fallout of those who don't like how it's done or think could be done better, or are offended that they weren't represented or were misrepresented, or cries of nepotism or favouritism, or those who want things that just don't fit the theme but want to be heard anyway! And all of THOSE are sticky issues that LL and the Moles really don't have the time to deal with right now. If ever. The focus should remain on building the land and homes we all wish to LIVE in, not anything else.

LL have to be careful not to make Bellisseria so insular that people never want to leave, or to detract away from the many possibilities that are still available to all on mainland, or from private regions, right now with no waiting necessary.

Edited by RaeLeeH
Didn't quote. But I did now! :)
  • Like 9

I agree. feelings are different but that is not a church you shown. That is something but never a church. This here built in 1237 reflects a church as i meant it - from the secolo as they where rich. ♠️

th?id=OIP.fCXQ4ZLZGuK5K3dens35ZgHaEN%26p

Le campane del 'luogo' (Arcibretal) possono suonare concerto (concerone) - Milanese

Edited by Monday Avril
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Monday Avril said:

I agree. feelings are different but that is not a church you shown. this here reflects a church as i meant it - from the secolo as they was rich. ♠️

th?id=OIP.fCXQ4ZLZGuK5K3dens35ZgHaEN%26p

As lovely as old architecture is, I think you've missed the point I was trying to make (or not). It doesn't matter what the building looks like so much as the building itself; I don't believe a religious building of any faith or denomination belongs in Bellisseria. Please do read the thread I linked, you may find some of the information relevant and pertinent to this discussion. :) 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Monday Avril said:

Why offers LL only this domestic wooden homes - i dont say they are ugly but their metratura suffers larger rooms. Thats called SPACE..

@Patch, this is not offensive meant but the us. is not the world, she begins behind your border! Be creative!

Here a few impressions how the next bunch of linden homes could be. These here are free to copy and use plans i found on youtube

SHD-2015025-DESIGN2_View01WM-700x450.jpg

DESIGN4-03WM-700x450.jpg?09ada8

MHD-2017032-Cam1-700x450.jpg?09ada8

35671765_217364545546515_299598188216582

65203085_397299744219660_339739081414017

3.jpg

Russia. This plans are to buy and proofed in real life: some impressions,

d1077f569efa3a98492905db5436ac1e.JPG

acfa6bb1d3fe91b28cb83cc461b11e2f.JPG

Have the lindens ever thought to put some churches and buddhist temples thru Bellisseria? I can record in Italy some nice melodies whilst their bells are playing. Not this stupid hammering bang bang bang so many churches use. Thats a part of our culture.

There comes the UAE in mind where they built International City;  the Spanish cluster here. Colorful.

The residential clusters include Persia, Greece, Spain, Morocco, England, France, Italy, Russia, China, and Emirates.

th?id=OIP.GTzc6VEXm28rYFxHCYt9sAHaE9%26p

All these are terribly ugly!! ... at least for MY taste.

Whats's more they look a lot like the present old Linden homes! Why don't you grab one of these? There must be a great number available and you can select the best locations by changing often.

Actually those are no "Linden Homes Photos" either so they would be much better placed here

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

I think having commercial areas too, would be great. So people could sell their wares, right in the community. Maybe a community center, and other things that would promote social interaction. 

Patch has mentioned putting in some areas where Residents could sell things like the home add-ons, but only things specific for the homes.  I'm not so sure anything more commercial than that is a good idea.

There are lots of community areas for gatherings.  There have been comments in the past that the large community buildings were almost always empty in the old Linden Home areas, which is why Patch thought to create many smaller gathering areas on Bellisseria for the Residents to use.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I've said it before and I'll say it again; if we were to have anything remotely commercial I'd vote for a gallery/museum somewhere in Bellisseria where the Moles and Lindens can be immortalised. They are in a sense the "founding fathers (and mothers)" and they've shown great fortitude and humour since this project started, even longer than that. Having a place to recognise all of this work, effort, and (let's face it) stress would be a lovely gesture for prosperity. Wouldn't have to be just pictures on the walls, though it could be that simple. How about quotes they want immortalized, or something they make they think represents them? They could change their displays when it suits them, since some are in the habit of leaving Easter eggs and keeping us guessing. I don't even know how many Moles or Lindens there are, much less what they look like. What better way to connect, both now and into the future? That to me would be better than anything divisive or dated. But of course it's just a matter of opinion, and it is after 2:00 a.m. now so my brain isn't functioning as it should be... *coughs* 😛 

• Like 10

Snapshot_047.thumb.jpg.03a73b6eedec3ac8e592d001a0e99282.jpgSnapshot_056d.thumb.jpg.98319cfed615393d3c85275635222130.jpgSnapshot_052.thumb.jpg.19ff5275f73111b76876a5eef595b69e.jpgSnapshot_044.thumb.jpg.bcc8aa85c47c014870223deabe384ffd.jpg

Snapshot_047.thumb.jpg.dca299daaf334c602939f8637bfc098f.jpg

Waterfront corner spot in Smokey!

Not decorated? Why not show it off anyway!? I'm lost for inspiration but I know its going to take me a long while to put it together. 

I added a porch attachment in the front as well as a sold sign until I'm finished decorating.

Accidentally bought  the wrong attachment for back of the house but nothing like some short grass to cover the edge of the floor patio anyway~!

Maybe some rose bushes for a pop of color? Anyway, its just the beginning!

• Like 23

10 minutes ago, Kieok said:

Waterfront corner spot in Smokey!

Not decorated? Why not show it off anyway!? I'm lost for inspiration but I know its going to take me a long while to put it together. 

I added a porch attachment in the front as well as a sold sign until I'm finished decorating.

Accidentally bought  the wrong attachment for back of the house but nothing like some short grass to cover the edge of the floor patio anyway~!

Maybe some rose bushes for a pop of color? Anyway, its just the beginning!

Would love to comment on this and say how great it looks so far, but your girlfriend terrifies me. 

I'm also really disappointing in myself for completely failing to connect the Smokey and the Bandit regions in my head.

giphy.gif.995305879143339589b5a388fdfa6aa9.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Would love to comment on this and say how great it looks so far, but your girlfriend terrifies me. 

I'm also really disappointing in myself for completely failing to connect the Smokey and the Bandit regions in my head.

giphy.gif.995305879143339589b5a388fdfa6aa9.gif

I do not have a girl nor condone such behavior. What an embarrassment !

But thanks Beth. Have you posted yours? Would love to see. 

Smokey is beautiful! Havent peeked around Bandit yet. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kieok said:

I do not have a girl nor condone such behavior. What an embarrassment !

But thanks Beth. Have you posted yours? Would love to see. 

Smokey is beautiful! Havent peeked around Bandit yet. 

I've not posted mine because it is not even close to being as beautifully done as everyone else's! I have a houseboat and it's cozy, but nothing like most of these!

And congratulations... both on the new house and that other thing, too! 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2