Patch Linden

The Linden Homes Photo Thread

8 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

FS per-parcel windlights should still work, right?

They do, but they don't look quite the same as they did before.  Here's a thread about some of the differences: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

They do, but they don't look quite the same as they did before.  Here's a thread about some of the differences: 

Oh my, that looks bad. I don't understand, either. On my region, my FS windlights, set via parcel description override, look identical as before. In LL viewer, everything looks horribad, LOL, but I even did a recent 'region environment' test, blanking out the parcel descriptions in FS, and falling back on the EEP equivalent thereof (which I had earlier set with LL viewer). That turned out almost identical : https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/428374-environmental-enhancement-project-aka-eep-feedback-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1891641 At least nothing as bad as Chic Aeon reported here. My skybox in the link is at 1100m, btw.

N.B. Surprisingly, btw, judging by the extreme low traffic to the EEP forum, seems virtually no one is interested in discussing EEP; and yet, it's going to affect us all, as Whirly Fizzle has already said the FS team will do away with their current per-parcel windlight system.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

On my region, my FS windlights, set via parcel description override, look identical as before.

On my parcel I have this parcel Windlight setting in Firestorm viewer (exactly written as below):
/*Windlight Sky: "Default" Water: "Default"RegionOverride*/

It looks pretty much the same in Firestorm viewer as it did before EEP came to main grid.
Definitely a lot better than looking at EEP region Windlight in Firestorm.
The Linden Lab EEP viewer still has some (nasty) bugs, it's not really ready for everyday use - in my opinion.

• Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Oh my, that looks bad. I don't understand, either. On my region, my FS windlights, set via parcel description override, look identical as before. In LL viewer, everything looks horribad, LOL, but I even did a recent 'region environment' test, blanking out the parcel descriptions in FS, and falling back on the EEP equivalent thereof (which I had earlier set with LL viewer). That turned out almost identical : https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/428374-environmental-enhancement-project-aka-eep-feedback-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1891641 At least nothing as bad as Chic Aeon reported here. My skybox in the link is at 1100m, btw.

N.B. Surprisingly, btw, judging by the extreme low traffic to the EEP forum, seems virtually no one is interested in discussing EEP; and yet, it's going to affect us all, as Whirly Fizzle has already said the FS team will do away with their current per-parcel windlight system.

They have made a LOT of changes since I wrote the post (and honestly I had to go back and look as I didn't remember writing).  I use FS and have the current one and aside from the clouds being "flat" to my eye most of my Windlights(R) are very similar and I am going on as usual.  

But as you say, while folks WERE interested in the beginning, not so much now with all the issues. So most are planning on "working around EEP" if it ever becomes the norm. BUT the new Linden Homes were a big hit and the Marketplace is making great stride with cleaning up and refining. Not EVERYTHING works out as planned. 

IF we get EEP even though it is pretty obvious folks don't want it (wouldn't be the first time we had things forced on us -- like no last names LOL and see how well THAT worked out) then the third party viewer who does the best job "working around" will likely pick up a lot of new followers.  I am pretty sure that the TPV devs can see this and hopefully have some plans to save us. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

They have made a LOT of changes since I wrote the post (and honestly I had to go back and look as I didn't remember writing).  I use FS and have the current one and aside from the clouds being "flat" to my eye most of my Windlights(R) are very similar and I am going on as usual.  

But as you say, while folks WERE interested in the beginning, not so much now with all the issues. So most are planning on "working around EEP" if it ever becomes the norm. BUT the new Linden Homes were a big hit and the Marketplace is making great stride with cleaning up and refining. Not EVERYTHING works out as planned. 

IF we get EEP even though it is pretty obvious folks don't want it (wouldn't be the first time we had things forced on us -- like no last names LOL and see how well THAT worked out) then the third party viewer who does the best job "working around" will likely pick up a lot of new followers.  I am pretty sure that the TPV devs can see this and hopefully have some plans to save us. 

Thanks for the explanation. :)

As for 'most are planning on "working around EEP" if it ever becomes the norm', I implored Whirly Fizzle not to do away with Firestorm's current windlight system (at least not until EEP is nearly 100% perfect). I hope they listen -- if not to me, than to others.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Thanks for the explanation. :)

As for 'most are planning on "working around EEP" if it ever becomes the norm', I implored Whirly Fizzle not to do away with Firestorm's current windlight system (at least not until EEP is nearly 100% perfect). I hope they listen -- if not to me, than to others.

I use all my own Windlights and Whirly assured me I could upload them under EEP. With a charge of course. And hopefully they will look as good as they do currently in FS (one never knows).  BUT there is also the editing of settings for photographers which isn't getting rave reviews (although it WAS added so that was a plus). 

It often puzzles me how often the lab overlooks the simplest everyday things -- like rez zone on the new continent and the NEED for photographers to be able to change the environmental settings on the fly.   To their credit they DO fix these things, but still it puzzles me. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

My pirate booty-bay base in the sky 

1321390483_Abacihome.png.02e702d3eddd4cfa10c4d392040f2847.png745329823_abacihome2.png.925a96dd23dfb8c97a1227e764107b82.png796467786_abacihome3.thumb.png.815414e0eaa151a4570b1ad2faeae00c.png1598407260_Abacihome4.thumb.png.cf4b660e69392788e44792f31e2c84d8.png

abacihome5.thumb.png.00b1fe19d0011f13f975895543dc0c49.png

Still a wip, but ya'll get the general gist of it.

Edited by AbaciHiems
Edit: Got a request message to add the fifth picture for them. 
  • Like 14

7 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I use all my own Windlights and Whirly assured me I could upload them under EEP. With a charge of course. And hopefully they will look as good as they do currently in FS (one never knows).

Why, one does know. :) Although Firestorm currently does not support EEP yet, it does, of course, support region windlight. And since region windlight is (and always has been) server-side, one can test out what your current FS windlights will look like in EEP. Go to the LL viewer, create an EEP object, apply it to your region. Then exit LL viewer again, go back to FS, and empty the description field on the parcel you're testing. At that point, you will see your converted-to-EEP windlight setting in FS. As outlined here:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/428374-environmental-enhancement-project-aka-eep-feedback-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1891641

And the result wasn't half-bad. :) Although there were minute differences, those can be easily tweaked. You can only use this testing method for regions, though, as per-parcel EEP is just a local thingy (and thus not implemented in FS yet).

The only concern I still have, are per-parcel heights. I will really need those; and currently it seems only 4 global region 'zones' are possible.

42 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

The only concern I still have, are per-parcel heights. I will really need those; and currently it seems only 4 global region 'zones' are possible.

That is all that was ever planned (and they made some huge improvement of that level idea over what was at the beginning. So I don't see more than that coming. Of course that is just my guess. I am avoiding EEP as long as I can. It's that ostrich thing LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

And after a tour with my car a boat trip along the coast of Bellisseria, to end this Sunday afternoon relaxing on my pool....good monday...

VANDA URSULE_004.png

VANDA URSULE_002.png

VANDA URSULE_008.png

piscina_001.png

• Like 13

While out exploring I found a nice little rest area, near the edge of the world

Snapshot_305.thumb.png.487d1ba7d5fded1641ff8a5fcfef31b2.png

Instead of leaving just a sign, one mole was considerate enough to spruce up the area with a bench, some flowers, butterflies, and a tree Snapshot_303.thumb.png.68b67ae5e52589d2a80363175d77599e.png

I was surprised to see this here, and wonder what the story behind it is.  

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

These are my skyboxes so far :)

This was my first one I created, it was the first building I have created and lived in :)

Snapshot_310.png.b81eb078ed8e404434ed353dfe2e1608.png

Below is my Tahoe home, I love this one the most of all.  I created a basement for it, complete with functional arcade cabinets :)  Now it has three floors of livable space, and has been mostly furnished.

Snapshot_311.png.00224cbbc3c737a7251f28676390e103.png

Below is an extra picture I added, to show the difference between my petite and a regular sized avatar.  This is in my Tahoe based home, on the second floor, I save a ton of space being smaller, it really makes a big difference.    

You'll probably have to squint a little to see me, I make it up to around the knee on the regular sized avatar :)

Snapshot_324.thumb.png.d76fa9e247e20d637da82233000cefcd.png

My private beach, I bought this from the marketplace, I haven't done much to it other than add waves, a few sitting spots, ocean sounds, and a rock path climbing up to it.  Snapshot_312.png.ecb5f90cf476636341215f9826fa180f.png

This is a really simple one, I made no modifications to it, it is simply a forest I purchased a while ago.

Snapshot_313.png.f9ad8c4c91307a091dce9f6eef9a8712.png

Here is my little urban skybox, I usually shoot zombies in this one.  Hobo apartments works perfectly, I just changed the physics to bring down the land impact.  I'll modify it again later, to make it smaller for my petite avatar once I do that I can probably fit another building in here.

Snapshot_314.png.464173fa6711f4461befb94025a0ad51.png

This is the latest one I've been working on, all of it was bought from the marketplace.  I just added the base prim, with AT swimmer so I can swim around underneath :)  None of this is furnished yet.

Snapshot_315.png.56b876abdf7adc460755c8bce85baf98.png

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 12

@WillowTenage Do you happen to still know where you got that amazing sky beach? I've been looking for one for the longest time and that's better than anything I was able to find!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, siryafea said:

@WillowTenage Do you happen to still know where you got that amazing sky beach? I've been looking for one for the longest time and that's better than anything I was able to find!

Yep, it is called "Ekedo's Micro Island in the Sky " and it is a steal at $5L

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Ekedos-Micro-Island-in-the-Sky-NOW-5L/5959102

I had to resize it for my petite, because it was designed for micro avatars, doing so kept it at 43 LI though.  

Lovely, thank you so much! I have a petite avatar as well as my regular-sized one, so I will definitely grab myself one of these. Thank you!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

my Tahoe home, I love this one the most of all.  I created a basement for it, complete with functional arcade cabinets :)  Now it has three floors of livable space, and has been mostly furnished.

Snapshot_311.png.00224cbbc3c737a7251f28676390e103.png

Below is an extra picture I added, to show the difference between my petite and a regular sized avatar.  This is in my Tahoe based home, on the second floor, I save a ton of space being smaller, it really makes a big difference.    

You'll probably have to squint a little to see me, I make it up to around the knee on the regular sized avatar :)

Snapshot_324.thumb.png.d76fa9e247e20d637da82233000cefcd.png

Very shiny! :)

How were you able to port that Tahoe home to your skybox, though?! Didn't even know that could be done.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Very shiny! :)

How were you able to port that Tahoe home to your skybox, though?! Didn't even know that could be done.

My alt lives in the original one, and I had already put in a second floor for it, with a couple of added rooms,  I had also modified the windows on both sides, then saved my modifications as a backup.  Later,  I used my backup as a guideline to recreate the whole building.  It doesn't doesn't quite match up to the original, it comes pretty close though.  After that, I rescaled the entire building for my smaller avatar.  

All of the textures were provided for free, by Linden so I matched my original home :)

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, siryafea said:

Lovely, thank you so much! I have a petite avatar as well as my regular-sized one, so I will definitely grab myself one of these. Thank you!

It really is a great product, I added a cylinder shaped prim, and added the AT Swimmer script to that prim so I could swim in the water.    

Edited by WillowTenage

1 hour ago, marinathewitch said:

I am suspecting region restart will pooff away our local ghost soon enough, so don't forget to come and say bye-bye. Help yourself to some cake too, I might have gone a little overboard with it.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Phinney/233/74/26 

Too bad there wasn't a guest book setup there, would have been interesting to read the "memorials" people would write. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Barbie Glas said:

Too bad there wasn't a guest book setup there, would have been interesting to read the "memorials" people would write. 😁

I am... going to look for one right now. o.o Didn't occur to me somehow, but this is actually a great idea!

upd: Now ghost watching area is set with guestbook and working ouija board. Also, Bellisseria Citizens group has Burning Bush Club tag for whoever wants it. X)

Edited by marinathewitch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

After moving the kitchen from the small room to the big room in the Winchester house I was planning to make the small room as a living room. Well, I noticed that I didn't have quite suitable living room furniture for the small room. So I made the small as a bedroom instead. 😃

Now my friend tells me: "It's nice but I liked the bedroom more in the upstairs. And I'm used to sleep upstairs." 🤷‍♀️ :PxD

2019-05-06_Winchester-bedroom-1.thumb.jpg.3e69eb0c831a50adf1341923b304b976.jpg

2019-05-06_Winchester-bedroom-2.thumb.jpg.16610acfec22706e0a945a298771d795.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2