The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

2 hours ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

Oh I loved it! Had a whole Secret Garden thing going on. I didn't like how much of a Land Impact the hedges had when I bordered my yard. It added up quick. I picked it all up as one chunk so if I ever change my mind I can just drop it all right back down. Which could be tomorrow with how I constantly change things lol

Perhaps you can bribe a mole - or persuade him - to put molehedges all around your lot - just OUTsinde of your parcel? - like they did in many places. The very first home I hve been offered - the one with the sea view - had a very bare sand- garden. I tried to surround it by the mole hedges that were in the packet in the postbox.

To my dismay I discovered that you couldnt just STRECH them - like you can do with the walls - but have to use dozends of them to get all around. That was one of the reasons I abandoned it. - The other was the noisy neighbour with his motorbyke- rezzer.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Perhaps you can bribe a mole - or persuade him - to put molehedges all around your lot - just OUTsinde of your parcel? - like they did in many places. The very first home I hve been offered - the one with the sea view - had a very bare sand- garden. I tried to surround it by the mole hedges that were in the packet in the postbox.

To my dismay I discovered that you couldnt just STRECH them - like you can do with the walls - but have to use dozends of them to get all around. That was one of the reasons I abandoned it. - The other was the noisy neighbour with his motorbyke- rezzer.

Ack! For a sea view I would have asked if they could restrict sound to their parcel, and if they didn't I would have tracked that down and ignored it or adjusted my sounds until they tired of it. I would love a sea view! I had to ignore some idiot's screech box that broadcast anything they said to the whole sim. Either they had just come from hosting or loved the sound of their voice a lot. Was weird either way because they were having a conversation and the sim was only getting their side of it. Lol before I blocked it I did entertain myself by Mad Libbing the other part that I couldn't hear/see.

Edited by Zoya McDonnagh

19 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

I used bunny control 😂😂😂

I though so! Hehe.

Now seriously, which lighthouse it was please? 

Ligthouses on Calm Waves and Norse Auk have both broken / blocked entrances, no way to get in and use the starcases. I didn't have time to read forum, so I'm not sure if someone  already reported that, if not, maybe we can call @Abnor Mole 

I actualy don't know how many lighthouses are there, but I would like to visit the one with unblocked entrance as you did. Thanks.

When I wander the streets I can find myself momentarily jealous of the prime real estate BUT, honestly, I love the democratic nature of these builds. Even the most standard of plots have little touches to recommend them. I just realized kitty-corner to my backyard there is a riverside breakfast nook, cute! A couple of those stones in the far corner of my yard and it'll feel like the start of that path. 

73ee68fa1c02fb930a0fef101ac4f913.jpg

Edited by cicelydawn
  • Like 15

So after trial and error trying to improve the garden shed (and still somewhat messed up, so will redo it when I learn more) I also designed SL raised garden beds after my own RL ones that my husband and I made

1438326414_3Garden.png.3de18e3c7d721e695fa9cf2541cc9866.png

(yes, that's my handwriting and artwork lol)

374553098_3greygardens.thumb.jpg.8b5a99b6577e93513d60f0fdf82030f4.jpg

(and some of the gardening stuffs inside the shed)

1789457068_3insideshed.thumb.jpg.76dd837fdbf0b38808720a53073cdd9e.jpg

• Like 13

Compare these new homes, the layout and the shared areas to the original Linden Homes - what a difference!

I can actually see people using the shared areas and all that open water! Wow I may have to consider opening a bar for all those thirsty day trippers!

• Like 9

Here are the last of the shots of my house as of "move in".    I have 24 land impact points left to spend and a few spots that need things (mostly the bedroom) but I am sure something that fits will come along. Until then, I am calling it good. 

Living room is in the small room by the front door:

1372376535_livingroomHeathstone.thumb.jpg.6f98e68e28e8eeaf5f1b3134286e0cbe.jpg

Bedroom naturally is upstairs.  

1401808304_bedroom2hearthstone.thumb.jpg.cf9bdd2be5278f32669f5f55e4135dcc.jpg

1725300390_bedroomheathstone.thumb.jpg.1e29b93bf507216189d9fb7f8a7f9bb5.jpg

Most items are Trompe Loeil or mine with some help from Second Spaces and a few other great creators.  

• Like 15

48 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

The new airstrip looks nice :)

They are really going all out for including the residents in actually making the continent a "living" place with all the Rez zones for water, ground and air vehicles. I just hope my peaceful views from the houseboat do not end up like a few from St. Mark's Square in Venice with cruise liners going past every hour or so :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

Where did you find this?

Considering the signs in the background on the left, i'd assume this was from the showing of the homes at the Home and Garden event. They did have this there, but i've not seen anything of the sort on my wanderings(i'm sure somebody would of brought it up by now if that were the case).

• Like 4

Mailbox got fixed today, which means I was finally able to get the content creators pack \o/

Using the supplied fence, wall or hedge parts would have used up to much of my LI, so I tranfered the LH Texture pack to my main account, and came up with this by modifying a wall I already had on that account. The cloumns I unlinked from a gate I had, then relinked to the wall.

Snapshot_001.thumb.jpg.847d599d6cf9e2a368fc5633f77457d8.jpgSnapshot_002.thumb.jpg.3365eff1ef0b6f5e4ad9e571a6989219.jpg

Surrounds the plot and is only 5LI

Edited by MiakisTheUsagi
added words
  • Like 7

On 4/22/2019 at 5:04 PM, Marianne Little said:

For me, I use the lowest LI furniture available. I also unlink and delete shadows from tables and chairs, if possible. My porch flowers have higher LI together than the porch itself. That is because I totally love the hanging ones and the windowboxes.

If small things come in here, they must have a reason to be more than 1 LI. I have one 2 LI lamp and the rest is 1 LI. My 4 spotlights in a row is 0.5 LI each and linked they are 2 LI.

I like carpets and rugs. No one are more than 1 LI. I think I have 12-13 carpets inside and on various porches. If they were 2 LI each, I used at least 12 LI more, only on rugs.

My 2 streetlamps is 1 LI each. If I used 2 street lamps that look almost the same, but is 3 LI each, I would have used 4 LI more. My rebuilt carport is 4 LI including downlights, but a 2 LI driveway makes it 6 LI. One of the walls in the carport doubles as privacy wall against the terrace, so I saved one LI... and so on.

That means I have to leave some lovely things in my inventory. But I make it almost a sport, how much can I get for 351 LI?

Edit: I am willing to buy lower LI things too. I "had" to buy a 1 LI hot tub from PrimPossible and replace the one that was 7 + 7 LI for tub and frame/fundament.

hello Marianne a souvenir from, my car trip

marianne_001.png

• Like 7