30 seconds for objects to detatch ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I right click an object I am wearing and I choose 'Detatch' Why does it then take 30 seconds or more for the object to detatch ? More feebleness. Oh! Wait ! It'll be my PC or something I am doing wrong won't it !

Edited by rasterscan
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, rasterscan said:

I right click an object I am wearing and I choose 'Detatch' Why does it then take 30 seconds or more for the object to detatch ? More feebleness. Oh! Wait ! It'll be my PC or something I am doing wrong won't it !

I had a similar situation about the same time but it went away a few minutes later. Now behave yourself or Linden Lab will reboot your computer again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This morning, I tried to rename several items in my inventory. Upon typing the new name,  it reverted to its old version instantly, until 30 seconds after, when it assumed its new name.

I unplugged my computer and replugged it again. But that didn't remedy it.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 1

... and sometimes it doesn't detach at all until you've logged off and then on again. This is nothing new and has been happening for years. In fact, even putting things on takes awhile too. For some reason every hairstyle I own by Tableau Vivant and Taketomi takes a very long time to find its way to my head. So I only wear them when I'm not pressed for time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Yup, it's all at your end, and more specifically: it's your keyboard. Upgrade the P.O.C. ~laffs~

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

This morning, I tried to rename several items in my inventory. Upon typing the new name,  it reverted to its old version instantly, until 30 seconds after, when it assumed its new name.

I unplugged my computer and replugged it again. But that didn't remedy it.

Interesting. I've noticed it no longer stores my mesh body alpha hud settings either. Set the alphas, TP somewhere, the alphas revert to old setting ! 

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.