The new Linden Homes continent has been released, LL's promotional video of it hinted its name, edit: nvm they mentioned the name in the blog post

lucagrabacr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LL already made a video of it sometimes ago it seems, around 1:40 you guys can hear the name of the new continent, I'm not quite sure what it is, "Bellaseri"?

Edit 2: I'm stupid, LL mentioned the name in the blog post it's "Bellisseria" :P

Sailed there earlier from southern Sansara and livestreamed it c= it was gorgeous ♥

Edit: Just thought the name might be "Bella Chérie" or "Beautiful Dear" in French

Edited by lucagrabacr
Typo'd on youtube link
  • Like 3

The continent name of Bellissaria was known for a couple of weeks when they started renaming the individual sims. I'm curious what the purpose of this thread is when LL already has a blog post about it, and you include the same video they include there. You add nothing new.

16 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Linden Lab. Boldly striding forward . . . into the mid 1960s?

On the positive side, it would be a great place to RP the film Pleasantville.

Though the black couple on the cover of the video is nowhere to be found in the video itself, that's the suggestion. Meanwhile, black couples were truly nowhere to be found in actual 1960s suburbia.

Sometimes the architecture isn't the defining aspect of an era.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Though the black couple on the cover of the video is nowhere to be found in the video itself, that's the suggestion. Meanwhile, black couples were truly nowhere to be found in actual 1960s suburbia.

Sometimes the architecture isn't the defining aspect of an era.

This is certainly true, and kudos to them for that cover, I guess . . . although, as you say, they don't seem to appear in the video, and their wardrobe is very much suggestive of the pre-civil rights era, which I find a little odd.

I guess my critique is two-fold. Part of it stems from the indication that LL seems to be peddling in shiny, air-brushed nostalgia, and one that is in particular almost solely North American in origin. Maybe that's a reflection of their sense of their demographic, so it might be a smart marketing move.

More practically though, and the houseboats notwithstanding, the lack of diverse options here is disheartening. I recognize that there are many here and in-world who find this appealing, and that's great: more power to them. Certainly, the homes and environment look very nice. But I, personally, don't want to live in a gated suburban subdivision. I escaped that scene when I was 19: I have no desire to revisit it. And I don't think I'm alone.

Hopefully I'm jumping the gun here, and LL will roll out some different lifestyle choices when they develop this continent further. But as of right now, bleh. There's no incentive here for me to upgrade (which I might very well do given choices that i find more interesting).

15 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, in fairness, it did provide me the opportunity to be gratuitously grumpy, critical, and cynical.

Clearly, this is not a one-cup-of-coffee morning.

Oh, my response was to the OP - I should have quoted him LOL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

Oh, my response was to the OP - I should have quoted him LOL

No, that's ok Alyona. I knew that actually. I was just taking the opportunity your post gave me to apologize half-heartedly for my dyspeptic response to the video!

13 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is certainly true, and kudos to them for that cover, I guess . . . although, as you say, they don't seem to appear in the video, and their wardrobe is very much suggestive of the pre-civil rights era, which I find a little odd.

I guess my critique is two-fold. Part of it stems from the indication that LL seems to be peddling in shiny, air-brushed nostalgia, and one that is in particular almost solely North American in origin. Maybe that's a reflection of their sense of their demographic, so it might be a smart marketing move.

More practically though, and the houseboats notwithstanding, the lack of diverse options here is disheartening. I recognize that there are many here and in-world who find this appealing, and that's great: more power to them. Certainly, the homes and environment look very nice. But I, personally, don't want to live in a gated suburban subdivision. I escaped that scene when I was 19: I have no desire to revisit it. And I don't think I'm alone.

Hopefully I'm jumping the gun here, and LL will roll out some different lifestyle choices when they develop this continent further. But as of right now, bleh. There's no incentive here for me to upgrade (which I might very well do given choices that i find more interesting).

I also thought the attire was odd.

"Leave it to T-Pain"? I can hear the auto-tuned theme song.

I've always imagined that LL monitors the business and that the things they do that make no sense to me do actually make sense when you have all the data. I wouldn't be surprised if faux nostalgia sells here as well as it sells in RL. Could the decades long shift of creation from in-world to out-world simply reflect the reality that Philip Rosedale, and many of us, are out of the mainstream?

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Could the decades long shift of creation from in-world to out-world simply reflect the reality that Philip Rosedale, and many of us, are out of the mainstream?

What a really interesting idea!

If that's so, this represents a quiet cultural shift that is maybe even more profound than the failed social media-oriented direction that they tried to pilot us towards under Kingdon.

20 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I also thought the attire was odd.

No, no, no... this is called Second Life - that means this is an alternate Universe and Timeline from the normal. Think about it: there is Star Wars *AND* Star Tek places here, that's like cats and dogs living together and stuffs.

59 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

The continent name of Bellissaria was known for a couple of weeks when they started renaming the individual sims. I'm curious what the purpose of this thread is when LL already has a blog post about it, and you include the same video they include there. You add nothing new.

I just woke up when I heard from my friend that the new continent was open and I rushed to stream it and then make a thread about it when I didn't see 1 in General Discussion lol, didn't occur to me that they might've put it in the blog posts. I did edit the thread's title though! (plus people can discuss it here now I guess : P) 

• Like 1

Other than the one person inside the house messing with the control panel, there are no people actually in the video.  Thus the black couple on video seems like some lame attempt to be inclusive, when the approach should have been to not have any people on the cover at all or to actually show many people in the video, in the neighborhoods and such.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lucagrabacr said:

I just woke up when I heard from my friend that the new continent was open and I rushed to stream it and then make a thread about it when I didn't see 1 in General Discussion lol, didn't occur to me that they might've put it in the blog posts. I did edit the thread's title though! (plus people can discuss it here now I guess : P) 

Haha, okay, that's fair. Don't mind me, I think alotta times I still have the same curiosity about irrelevant things I did as a kid. I'm always asking the useless questions where the answers are often eye-rollers. :D

• Like 1

It's chock full of green dots on the map, so it seems people are definitely interested. It's a huge step up, nobody can take that away from LL.

I see ban lines are already up, but that may decrease when folks stop TP-ing in en masse. The roads are a sloppily aligned - but if they will actually connect to other continents I might be interested. The continent itself is not driving friendly, I'd be worried about being a nuisance to others. The house boats with the moorings and sea connectivity will probably be very attractive, those look very promising to lots I'm sure.

I'm not sold on it, won't be moving in any time soon. But I can certainly see the attraction.

• Like 2

I had the spare tier, so I grabbed one. I like that you can choose between any of the houses and color it from among the decoration choices. On the 1024 parcels, the house footprint to yard space ratio is pretty high, 5.5 in my case. Inside the house feels like a comfortable amount of space to me, like I don't have to fill it up with a lot of stuff just to make it feel lived in.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.