Is it possible to get side by side Linden Homes for friends?

Blush Topaz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Blush Topaz said:

ust wondering, with the new homes, if it is possible for friends to get side by side homes so that they can be neighbors.

Part of the idea, as I understand it, is to meet new friends.  It's like moving to a new town and getting to know a new neighborhood.  You can always abandon your Linden Home and request a new one, up to 5 times a day actually.  With luck, you might get closer to a specific neighborhood. but it's really all random.  Fortunately, all of the neighborhoods look pretty nice and in SL we can teleport to visit a distant friend instantly.  

• Like 1

They did talk about that at one time but it seems like it would be VERY difficult.There was mention of community areas and such and being close to friends (I think Ebbe but not crystal clear on that) -- and eventually that might come to pass, but not now. 

As the sims that are open get filled up, new ones open (I watched that happening this afternoon) so you could always TRY and get new spots. If you watch the map and see a trend in the dot pattern and then both go for new spots at the same time (within  a couple of minutes) it seems like that would be your best bet. But best hurry :D. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

My friend and I managed it last night by abandoning at pretty much the same time. LL dropped us into new homes next door to each other, and on the beach at that!

Yeah, this seems the best possible option if your goal is to be neighbors. Get homes at the exact same time. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It's about 160 m to my alts houseboat. I was very, very lucky. Too bad we can't share prims.

0800 Clouded_004.png

Surely you can, if they are in the same region and the two parcels are set to the same group?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aleciaa Daffyd said:

So it seems when you put up your second life security ...people that are flying around in airplanes are hitting the ban lines and getting a little annoyed. I wonder if its possible Linden Labs will lower these ban lines. 

Ban lines only go up like 75 meters.

I've flown all over mainland for a decade and never had a problem with them.  I also don't have to dodge around trees up there either.

• Like 1

I just moved into my new sl house..never had a problem at the old one with my ban lines, when i get a message saying they are dodging the ban lines and to turn it off and use an orb.One I would have to go and buy and orb and two they are not so easy to set in such a small area.  So it sounds like they are flying way to low ..

thank you Gryphon for your reply.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blush Topaz said:

Thanks for the answers. We did do the select and abandon and after 3 tries we got side by side! :)  

I would have said, "give it a go, but don't hold your breath" - and now I am amazingly happy for you that it worked! Hahaha! Brilliant! 

On 4/16/2019 at 3:41 AM, Blush Topaz said:

Just wondering, with the new homes, if it is possible for friends to get side by side homes so that they can be neighbors. I didn't see a way to request a specific region. Hoping there is something that I missed. 

I'd say it's unlikely they will implement this, as doing so would be tantamnount to being able to select a precise location in general. Much like everyone wants that nice corner office, *g*, ppl would just select the best (corner/beach?) spots for boathouses and/or landhouses in general. Part of keeping things fair, I reckon, is the 'random' allotment of your parcel (or rather, you're probably just given what's available, weighted against load-balancing per region, so as to keep per-region CPU usage reasonable).

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 9:41 PM, Blush Topaz said:

Just wondering, with the new homes, if it is possible for friends to get side by side homes so that they can be neighbors. I didn't see a way to request a specific region. Hoping there is something that I missed. 

Me and a friend used our allotment to instead purchase adjoining land on the mainland (in our case, very cheaply b/c we were extra lucky) -- once purchased, the land is rent free just like your Linden house. Unlike the linden house, you have some say where it is located (if you don't like the land, you don't buy).  You will have to provide your house and whatever other decor you wish to have, but for me it worked out beautifully... I have a lovely spot next to my best friend! 

Oh, and I chose a house I actually love. (I hear the new houses are lovely, though)  I always liked to have more land around my house (something that was sorely lacking in the old linden houses) and more outside/garden living than I could in my old Linden home.  This house is smallish, but pretty, and surrounded by trees and landscaping and water...  just what I love.  My kittycats love it too.  All our cats roam between both parcels freely and everyone's very happy.  Unlike my old Linden house, I actually spend rather a lot of time here.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, LulabellsAmour said:

Did you try it and did it work?

Most teleporters will work fine between two homes in the same region.   The only exception might be old warpPos based teleporters, which could be thrown off by really hilly terrain.  Those really should be thrown out.

Certainly all newer teleport scripts using llSetRegionPos will work perfectly. 

Even the old, original SitTarget "teleporter"s would work in most LH situations.

ETA: When you teleport directly into a furnished house, you probably should be careful to set the destination in a place which is relatively clear of objects.  Bounding boxes and/or physics shapes can cause a collision on landing, resulting in flying or jittering.  (I usually set landing z coordinates a quarter of a meter above the actual floor for that reason). 

ETA: If you are using a type of teleporter that involves sitting on something that then travels to the destination with you, unsits you, and either dies or returns to where it came from, remember the destination needs to have object entry, I would think.  I've only done that sort of teleport between properties that are in the same group, so I'm not sure about the required permissions if the two are not in the same group.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2019 at 11:24 AM, Aleciaa Daffyd said:

So it seems when you put up your second life security ...people that are flying around in airplanes are hitting the ban lines and getting a little annoyed. I wonder if its possible Linden Labs will lower these ban lines. 

You can't set banlines on Bellisseria Linden Homes. Is this mainland related and posted to the wrong thread?

10 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

You can't set banlines on Bellisseria Linden Homes. Is this mainland related and posted to the wrong thread?

i don't think it's the wrong thread... banlines got banned on Belli the day after the post :)

On 4/16/2019 at 11:00 PM, Constantine Linden said:

The first is that at 6am SLT on Wed April 17th, we are going to uncheck the box on the Linden Homes estate that allows parcel owners access restrictions to be more restrictive than the estate. Meaning: no ban lines.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.