Sign in to follow this  
Liramaril

Urban Modern - Secret Society looking for skilled para rpers!

Imagine, if you will, a celestial city overlooked by towers of ivory. The cold gleam of its pearly gates is not exactly inviting, rather the walled nature of the place is indicative of the price one must pay to enter - unerring, unwavering, fanatical good. Bright and beautiful angels inhabit this place, all of them terrible in their perfection, their serenity won off the back of hidden cruelty, or worse, overt indifference. But this is the dream of lawful evil; it has been depicted in all the priceless art we hoard at our heart for centuries. This is our Heaven, friends, but it’s not as difficult to receive salvation as you may think. All you actually have to do is pay your tithes, which are substantial. Oh, and obey us.

I’m seeking para rpers to join this Illuminati-like sect I run in urban modern (Santa Ramona Valley). My inspiration is all the conspiracy theories surrounding the Catholic Church related to societal control, amassed wealth and power, and occultism. Imagine if all the wicked things said of the institution were true? Scandal and coverups are a plenty, as well as subliminal messaging in the media, hoaxed miracles and other supernatural events... attempts at political influence, mind-control, bribery, blackmail, elitism and nepotism, brutal inquisitions, and even assassination-attempts. And then we have the bizarre Mithras-worshipping and other Roman traditions hidden within sometimes plain sight, or associations with Lucumi and other occult-like practises. Imagine if somewhere along the way righteous intent got warped, and the already twisted became more so. A bizarrely decadent take on member privilege turned into high-society parties, clandestine, cult-only, where all manner of strange activities and fetishes were enacted by those who believed power and influence was their God-given right? Where money and power equate to godliness, a once moral truth fell by the wayside. But it’s okay, see? The tenets of faith were all invented to control the masses anyway, or so they say.

((Contact me in world on “Liramaril Resident” if interested. I won’t reply here as threads are usually trolled, but if you want to play we’d love to have you. We have two arcs afoot currently 🙂))

1 hour ago, Liramaril said:

Imagine, if you will, a celestial city overlooked by towers of ivory. The cold gleam of its pearly gates is not exactly inviting, rather the walled nature of the place is indicative of the price one must pay to enter - unerring, unwavering, fanatical good.

SLURL?