Question

Posted (edited)

Recently, on Firestorm 6.0.1, I've noticed that when I use the Rotate tool on the Edit tab of an object, there are no degree marks on any of the three axis controls.  Therefore I can't align objects as precisely as I'd like. I don't know what has changed, but I'm wondering if there is a setting associated with seeing the degree marks that somehow was turned off.  Any ideas?

Edited by Hettange Ferryhill

6 answers to this question

You didn't accidentally uncheck Snap To Grid in the Build >> Options menu, did you?

e82d1ed852acfa804e45830b2ee4260d.png

Your cursor is too close to. the center of the colored rotation rings.  Move farther out.

I always put my cursor directly on the ring I'm trying to move.  When I click and hold the cursor on a ring, the degree ticks normally show up around it, letting me know it was ready to be moved.  But now, just the ring is there.

Besides Rolig's good idea, you can EXACTLY set rotation about any axis by inputting numbers into the Rotation boxes of the Edit window, Object tab.

42 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Besides Rolig's good idea, you can EXACTLY set rotation about any axis by inputting numbers into the Rotation boxes of the Edit window, Object tab. 

Yes, that's a workaround I've been using.  It works but is much slower.

2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

You didn't accidentally uncheck Snap To Grid in the Build >> Options menu, did you?

I certainly don't remember doing that, or even using this menu before, but it was unchecked and when I re-checked it, the problem was fixed.

Thank you all for your responses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1