Jump to content
LeftyLinda

Crashes on TPs fixed yet?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Has there been any progress on resolving the issue with all the random crashes every time we try to TP?  I'm having to use a primitive viewer and I'd really like to get back to normal.  As if I ever have a "normal".  (-;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LeftyLinda said:

Has there been any progress on resolving the issue with all the random crashes every time we try to TP?  I'm having to use a primitive viewer and I'd really like to get back to normal.  As if I ever have a "normal".  (-;

You should follow the grid status  (link at top of the page)   That's where we will hear updates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not here. 6 crashes today in 3 hours. I made the mistake of wanting a little sail on the blake sea. This games not worth playing anymore it is utterly unstable charging money for this trite feebleness is a cheek. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeftyLinda said:

Has there been any progress on resolving the issue with all the random crashes every time we try to TP?  I'm having to use a primitive viewer and I'd really like to get back to normal.  As if I ever have a "normal".  (-;

 

17 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

for me the tip made by @LittleMe Jewell to increase the bandwith to the max seems to have helped a lot, didn't crash at all today yet (20.35 H now....)

 

I've only crashed on TP 3 times since I made that change a few days ago - and performance was pretty yuck overall just before each of those times. 

Before anyone increases their bandwidth, they probably should make sure they have a good enough internet connection to handle it -- use a network speed test website, check your speed to Phoenix, AZ, which is where the servers are.

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm it works.  Since LittleMe and Ethan increased their bandwidth, I haven't had a TP crash at all 👼

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've switched to Cool VL Viewer and only crashed once in the last week.  My bandwidth has been maximized for months.  I tried Singularity again today and crashed in 30 minutes, just staying in one sim.  Grr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, LeftyLinda said:

I've switched to Cool VL Viewer and only crashed once in the last week.  My bandwidth has been maximized for months.  I tried Singularity again today and crashed in 30 minutes, just staying in one sim.  Grr.

That one crash isn't the the same issue as disconnect on teleport. The issue that is affecting many users is being disconnected during a teleport. That is not the same thing as crashing. When your viewer just suddenly shuts down of its own accord, that's crashing. When you are being logged out, that's not crashing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow - I had no idea the terminology was so important.

I know the difference between crashing and being logged off.  I think everyone understood my point, and the issue that's been ongoing for a few weeks now.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are using Singularity, Singularity has a totally separate bug that causes disconnects every 15-20 minutes.
They have a fix for that bug in the latest nightly viewer, which you can get from: https://virtual-nexus.xyz/down/
This is a totally different bug  to the TP disconnect bug all viewers are suffering from.

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to ditch that user name and get an alt.  Since I am a lefty, and named Lindal, there is only a tiny L standing between us and total confusion.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whirly, my antivirus protection thinks this Singularity installation contains malware.  Any reassurance you can offer?

Edited by LeftyLinda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, LeftyLinda said:

Wow - I had no idea the terminology was so important.

I know the difference between crashing and being logged off.  I think everyone understood my point, and the issue that's been ongoing for a few weeks now.

It can be. Especially in troubleshooting. Sorry if I came off sounding as if I were scolding you or something. Sometime I excise excess verbiage a bit too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on for about four hours up to 12.00SLT today (Sunday). I made over a dozen tps without any problems, whether it be crashing or being logged out.

😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, LeftyLinda said:

Whirly, my antivirus protection thinks this Singularity installation contains malware.  Any reassurance you can offer?

It's probably the Vivox for voice. It often throws an AV false positive on TPVs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, LeftyLinda said:

Whirly, my antivirus protection thinks this Singularity installation contains malware.  Any reassurance you can offer?

The link I gave you is the official Singularity download page for their nightlies.
Go to http://www.singularityviewer.org/
Click the " Test Builds (w/Animesh)" link top left to be taken to the same downloads page.

It's not unusual for any SL viewer to be flagged by antivirus software but if you are worried about it you can ask in the Singularity Viewer group inworld or report it on their JIRA: https://singularityviewer.atlassian.net/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2019 at 3:24 PM, Whirly Fizzle said:

The link I gave you is the official Singularity download page for their nightlies.
Go to http://www.singularityviewer.org/
Click the " Test Builds (w/Animesh)" link top left to be taken to the same downloads page.

It's not unusual for any SL viewer to be flagged by antivirus software but if you are worried about it you can ask in the Singularity Viewer group inworld or report it on their JIRA: https://singularityviewer.atlassian.net/

MS Defender antivirus in WIn10 is blocking the installation of the new Singularity builds, with it's usual popup.  I can't turn it off, since it restarts when it detects a threat.  I asked in the Singularity help group, and they suggested I reformat my hard drive and install WIn 7 :)   Not that helpful -

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem tping since we came back, until Ellie's last tp last night which logged her out with the usual collateral.

Relogged to test and all ok except the alpha which was one outfit behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...