My avator does not load and rez when I log in but my alt does. No matter what viewer I am using.

Elize Foxclaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi there

When I log in my avatar it is a ball of white mist for ages and when it eventually rezzes clothes and body parts are missing no matter what viewer I am using.  When I log in my alt on the same settings and viewer it rezzes no problem.  Can you help fix this please?

Elize Foxclaw

12 answers to this question

Hello Elize. At first open your inventory, write something in search there and wait fetching ALL your items till the last one. After that, try to rebake your textures with Ctrl+Alt+R. Also move to a region with less lag.  Smith  is a protected land which is recommended. There, try to change outfit. Choose one with just the necessary stuff (skin, shape, hair, eyes, pants and shirt) without any attachments.

Something else you can do is the test your avatar. In Viewer 2 give the command: Menu Develop (Ctrl+Alt+Q) --> Avatar --> Character Tests --> Test Male / Female.

If the problem remains, clear your cache

(XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) - AppData \ SecondLife
(Vista) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData - Local \ SecondLife
(Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData - Roaming \ SecondLife

Delete everything in that folder and restart first your computer and after the program. Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

• Like 1

Glad you got the problem fixed. 

Since you are using multiple viewers you should read through: Avatar Render Problems: Ghost Cloud Smoke Ball Ruth

You may realize that you have some conflicts between the viewers that need to be cleared up to avoid the problem repeating. Also, there are simple tricks one can try to get an avatar to render. Oddly one is to change your active group. It is an old SL trick from way back that still often works.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.