264/1 $ rate buy...?

Zenna Rivera

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1833 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I bought lindens for 264/1 dollar rate, and it's been 7 days and the order hasn't filled at all. This is the first time I try to buy with a higher-ish rate, and the "expected fill time" was about 11 days I think when I bought them. But none of the order has filled yet, so I wanna know if the rate is unreasonable? Should I just wait the 11 days? Those times they give seem pretty arbitrary tbh and If it's never going to fill (or it's gonna take 3 months) I wanna know so I can just cancel it already. I read somewhere that all the smaller rates need to be done before mine is filled but that 100 million 261 rate is never filling let's face it lol

5 answers to this question

First of all, you didn't "buy" L$ at L$264/$1.  You offered to buy them at that rate.  You have to wait until other residents are willing to sell them at that price. Right now, there are L$126,576,829 worth of orders at $L261/ $1, so it's going to be a long time before all of those orders clear and people are willing to sell at your higher offering price.  After all, why would anyone want to sell you L$264 for a dollar when they can get a dollar by selling only L$261 to someone else?   If you want to buy L$ in a hurry, offer a lower price than the rest of the crowd, not a higher price.  The best rule is to look at where the largest volume of orders is, and then offer to buy L$1 less for your dollar.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zenna Rivera said:

"expected fill time"

this is something that should be removed, it's useless and not accurate at all. ONLY when nobody else puts in a order thatsoffeering a buy thats asks more L$/1 than yours will make your order come closer. Everybody else will be before you.

Edited by Ethan Paslong
  • Like 2

I was asking more in the lines of if anyone has put this rate and it was filled eventually. I'm not looking for it to be instant, but I wanna know if it will at least be filled in less than a month's time. By that logic, orders above 261 are literally never filling, 'cause 261 orders never get to zero. And I said "buy" because I already paid for it.

26 minutes ago, Zenna Rivera said:

orders above 261 are literally never filling, 'cause 261 orders never get to zero

True, almost.  People are placing offers to buy or sell L$ all the time, so the L$126,576,829 of orders at L$261/$1 right now are not not going to just disappear.  The only way that you stand a chance of buying at L$264/$1 is if other buyers pay a lower price faster than new orders come in. That can happen, especially on a busy day.  Of course, if some sucker is so desperate to sell that he'll say, "Heck, I want to unload all my L$ really fast.  I'll sell them to someone who is willing to take my lower offering price of L$264/$1," then you might get lucky. Otherwise, you'll just have to wait.  Forever.

And no, you haven't paid for your order until it is filled.  All that's happened is that Linden Lab has charged your payment method and placed the amount for your order in an escrow account, so that it's ready when the sale goes through.  Until then, it's still your money.  You can get it back by cancelling your offer to buy.  At that point, the money goes into the USD balance in your account.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1833 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.