I'm back!

vixinali

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

48 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

send out random friendrequest to people you don't know isn't going to help.

I dont want to judge if its a good or a bad thing, but there are a lot of lonely people out there, happy to get any kind of friends.

5 hours ago, vixinali said:

I am down to earth and very open minded. 

Write that down in your inworld profile, if you havent done it yet. And, whats even more important - prove it :)

1 hour ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

I dont want to judge if its a good or a bad thing, but there are a lot of lonely people out there, happy to get any kind of friends.

she did send a random request to me, never talked or met her, so must have my name from here or inworld.
Many people dislike random friendrequests and consider it spam.
It's a newbie no no to do that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Ah ok. Now i understood. First i thought, you took her forum post as a friend request...

oh no, i have no problems at all when people askfor friends here :)  and i'm not that new to take it as so...😀

I spoke with her last night after receiving an offer of friendship. No, I did not accept and I hope I did so politely. I did take the time to let her know that there will be those who won't accept because we prefer to get to know others a little bit first.

She did seem to take it well and I do look forward to getting to know her a little on forum. My friends list looks pretty pitiful after all these years. It's gone from over 100 people to about a dozen and none of them ever contact me so... 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

She did seem to take it well and I do look forward to getting to know her a little on forum. My friends list looks pretty pitiful after all these years. It's gone from over 100 people to about a dozen and none of them ever contact me so... 🤷‍♀️

That is good though as friends slow you down, #WrongThingsILearnedFromSL

4 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Slow you down how? Do you mean load times and sim crossings?

More like when you have big plans to shop and make outfits and spend a whole session chatting in IM........... that slows you down, but in a nice way!!!

There's always another day to shop anyway! And another......And another.

23 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

More like when you have big plans to shop and make outfits and spend a whole session chatting in IM........... that slows you down, but in a nice way!!!

There's always another day to shop anyway! And another......And another.

I suppose that's the point where you have to decide what is more important: friend(s), shopping, shopping with friend(s), or shopping with friend(s) tagging along. 

• Like 1

Well, friends here are too important to be ignored, so I would never do that, however busy I am being self indulgent!!!

Sometimes shopping alone "gets it done", but having said that, I've sometimes tagged on with a friend, or had a friend (or even two) tag on, and shopping together is good fun, even though it takes much longer!!.......partly because then it turns into a photo session.............

The thing is, it seems that everybody knows more stores in world than I do, so chatting on about shopping invariably leads to more leads, and more shopping, and the whole thing gets bigger......  O.o :x

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Well, friends here are too important to be ignored, so I would never do that, however busy I am being self indulgent!!!

Sometimes shopping alone "gets it done", but having said that, I've sometimes tagged on with a friend, or had a friend (or even two) tag on, and shopping together is good fun, even though it takes much longer!!.......partly because then it turns into a photo session.............

The thing is, it seems that everybody knows more stores in world than I do, so chatting on about shopping invariably leads to more leads, and more shopping, and the whole thing gets bigger......  O.o :x

That's how it's supposed to be! :P

I pretty much lost all interest in shopping when my mother passed. It just isn't the same without her. It's not really fun any more, shopping alone, and if the other half tags along, I feel as if I am being rushed. It's not his fault. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.