Marianne Little

Our garden, indoor flowers and all related - share ideas and inspiration

Posted (edited)

Well I stumbled over a VERY good source: Two Moon Gardens have a half price summer sale going on and you get the most amazing complete gardens for very little money!

In the vendors you can browse through the pictures, choose one that has a convenient sice and landimpact, then click the picture and it is rezzed for you. This for instance is from the group "old gardens" named "Dreamy Sunshine" for 199 L$, measures 21x27 m has 84 Prims and includes the fence, the gras, all the flowers and the terrace with 3 chairs (animated) and umbrella. It is copy and mod and I guess I'll just buy it and see if I can adapt it to my gardens size.

image.thumb.jpeg.997c87d9eb4d69245c4abd3ef032f174.jpeg

Another one 32x32m 87 Prims 399 L$ "Hidden Heather" with a little waterfall and rocks  is just adorable! Though it will NOT fit in without removing the house ;)  I will still buy it and just see if I can derender it in a sandbox and pick and asapt so that it might fit in.

image.thumb.jpeg.ce1e9ff94b362b47173ae4ff8e64468b.jpeg

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 4

I saved myself poor!! *lol*

I bought NINE gardens for about 3000 L$. Sometimes I get these shopping fits (not too often) at sales.

Buz I never collected much stuff all these years for house and garden. When I heard of the new Linden homes first there was the PixelMode Sale (first fit) and now I realized that I had not much plants and garden stuff. Now I have ABUNDAND!. I tested the first two in the sandbox. It comes with a rezzbox but you can unlink it all and reassemble bits. Will take weeks till I get through all that stuff!

But I must warn you: some of it has very poor LOD. Trees that crumble in a distance of 10m are not ideal.

I only tested (and disassembelled) two gardens till now and though on the one hand side I am happy with the result: lots of low LI stuff, very nice pickety fence, trees, gras, flowers, bushes, garden furniture with animations, even a transparent "lawn" pad with lying and sitting animations for f. m and couples, a path with grasses on both sides only one LI ...

Still at the whole I am very dissappointed because of the LOD!! What good is as lovely flowerbed (if you zoom in) when allready looked at from the balcony you see only the bed not the flowers! :(

So if you plan to buy stuff there, have it rezzed by the vendor and look at it closely ... or rather not so closely! look from 10 m distance!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Still at the whole I am very dissappointed because of the LOD!! What good is as lovely flowerbed (if you zoom in) when allready looked at from the balcony you see only the bed not the flowers! :(

Some creators of assembled gardens pay very close attention to LOD       :)

• Like 1

Good to hear! I just put some of those in my favourites list! ;)

But now I will first unpack and test the rest of the 9 gardens I was foolish enough to buy in my first WOW effect and see if they contain any material that does NOT vanish as soon as you go 5 or 10 meters away!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Good to hear! I just put some of those in my favourites list! ;)

But now I will first unpack and test the rest of the 9 gardens I was foolish enough to buy in my first WOW effect and see if they contain any material that does NOT vanish as soon as you go 5 or 10 meters away!

Thanks!

But don't feel foolish, even after my experience and awareness of the LOD issue I purchased a very pretty home for a customer whose sim I was designing, and it poofed when not far away.  It was supposed to be a great view -- medieval home up on a mountainside surrounded by a beautiful garden.  But viewed from a distance (a short distance really), it poofed, ruining the scene   :(

BTW, were those assembled gardens created with mesh or sculpts?  I thought one photo you showed was made in sculpts, and I haven't experienced sculpts usually having a LOD problem (well maybe once).

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

...BTW, were those assembled gardens created with mesh or sculpts?  I thought one photo you showed was made in sculpts, and I haven't experienced sculpts usually having a LOD problem (well maybe once).

Well I guess they vary. Most of those I bought were in the vendor named "old gardens" ... I took that to be romantic and sort of oldfashioned but I believe they were made some time ago since when I had them rezzed by the vendor I noticed some of the trees where just two plain prims at 90 degress-  the VERY old way to make plants! I haven't tested those yet.

The ones I tested were "new gardens" I only bought two of these and they were mesh.

I personally prefer sculpts - maybe iI will be happier with the old gardens.

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I personally prefer sculpts - maybe iI will be happier with the old gardens.

The plant world is not easy to figure out these days!
Perhaps the "old gardens" created with sculpts in the gardens you cited were discounted because she believes sculpts aren't as desirable these days, and for many that is true (they want mesh). But as you've discovered, there are still lots of lovely sculpted assembled gardens that have great value in terms of beauty, and in fact many of these gardens created with sculpts are as pretty, or prettier, than certain mesh ones. I think gardens, really, are timeless in terms of appeal. Whether the material (sculpts vs mesh) is the most optimized can be a different matter though, according to who you ask, and in my experience it's really a specific sculpt vs a specific mesh that needs to be the debate (can't really make the argument that either sculpts or mesh are better generally).

To confuse matters further, I create some flowers out of mesh planes -- they might look like the old style but they are mesh -- and the reason I do is because they are lower in prim/LI count than 'true' mesh. And to make things even more complicated, even 'true' mesh is usually created with lots of small planes with a graphic on them and not a solid object. If each leaf were totally solid instead of a graphic on a plane, the prim count would be astronomical.

When it comes down to mesh vs sculpts in the garden world it seems most people just choose what appeals to them over whether it's sculpt or mesh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this .. but here we go,  Does anyone know of an Screen Door add-on for the Linden Homes? Or has any creator on these forums thought of such an add-on to build/offer?

• Like 1

This houseboat is a bit smaller but replaces walls with windows. I thought of this space as a kind of indoor greenhouse.

Snapshot_051_edited.jpg

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, MichaMoz said:

This houseboat is a bit smaller but replaces walls with windows. I thought of this space as a kind of indoor greenhouse.

Snapshot_051_edited.jpg

That looks fabulous!  Would have never thought to have done that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dick Spad said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this .. but here we go,  Does anyone know of an Screen Door add-on for the Linden Homes? Or has any creator on these forums thought of such an add-on to build/offer?

I know one of the groups had screen doors and windows for the winchester house available.  I love the screen doors.  However not sure if it is still there or not.  You can ask.  It was either the Bellisseria Community or Bellisseria Citizens that I got it from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dick Spad said:

I have the set of screen doors & windows screens for the Winchester house.  I checked the creator's MP store and they are not there, so maybe I did get them from one of the groups.  I'll send you the creator's name.  You can ask him about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I have the set of screen doors & windows screens for the Winchester house.  I checked the creator's MP store and they are not there, so maybe I did get them from one of the groups.  I'll send you the creator's name.  You can ask him about it.

Lil, would you send me that link also? Thanks!

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, karynmaria said:

was either the Bellisseria Community or Bellisseria Citizens that I got it from.

Yeah I checked both of them groups last night and saw nothing. So I IM the creator as @LittleMe Jewell suggested. Hopefully he gets back to me today.

After thought,  It would be great to have a spot set aside for the community where ppl can go to get these little gems others have made,, like a storage room at the post office or someplace. Just a thought ... 

Edited by Dick Spad
the lack of coffee and the after-thought

2 hours ago, Dick Spad said:

Yeah I checked both of them groups last night and saw nothing. So I IM the creator as @LittleMe Jewell suggested. Hopefully he gets back to me today.

After thought,  It would be great to have a spot set aside for the community where ppl can go to get these little gems others have made,, like a storage room at the post office or someplace. Just a thought ... 

I even wandered over to the inworld Bellisseria Citizens headquarters where there are a few misc gifts, but they aren't out there either.

7 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Lil, would you send me that link also? Thanks!

I'll get you the creators name when I log in tonight.  I'm pretty sure they came from either the Bellisseria Citizens or Bellisseria Community groups, but I don't remember for sure and they are no longer in either group notices.

• Like 1

By now I tested some more of the plants I extracted from the gardens I bought at Two Moon Gardens and am very sarisfied with my bargain.

While some have an awfull LOD and dissassemble at a distance of 2 or 3 meters others have no problems at all. I managed to make up some very nice flower arrangements for my garden in Axim just using about 8 different plants from the Garden "Beneath the oak".

I rezzed one and then I multiplied it by Shift dragging it so it makes less LAG. Then I arranged them in brick- planters I made myself. This way I can easily use them in other gardens in case I move to another house.

image.thumb.jpeg.809f34301f2a93fb75df08b331cf7f5c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a3f350af07be459695aa02ca65ee4dab.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.96821d26f84011bc437ab177e375997e.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The whole nice gras with blue flowers is just ONE prim (from "Dreamy Sunshine) ... and the fact that I am lying in it is due to a transparent flat prim extracted from "Beneath the Oak" - with lots of lying animations.

48847275293_98bdd2095f_b.jpg
Bellisseria_Summer by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

Edited by Leora Jacobus

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

The whole nice gras with blue flowers is just ONE prim (from "Dreamy Sunshine) ... and the fact that I am lying in it is due to a transparent flat prim extracted from "Beneath the Oak" - with lots of lying animations.

48847275293_98bdd2095f_b.jpg
Bellisseria_Summer by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

Is "Dreamy Sunshine" a person or a place?  Do you have a SLURL to the place?  I searched that name in the MP and inworld and found nothing.

34 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Is "Dreamy Sunshine" a person or a place?  Do you have a SLURL to the place?  I searched that name in the MP and inworld and found nothing.

Neither! - As I mentioned above in this thread I bought lots of gardens in a sale at "Two moon gardens"

I dissassemble these gardens in a sandbox, pick up the flowers and trees and fences and furniture and use them to create my own garden with it. The different gardens have names "Dreamy sunshine" is one of these gardens the one in fact with trhe white fences you see in the linked picture (and "Beneath the Oak" is another garden) .

Some of the plants have awfull LOD. They dissemble in 2 or 3 meters distance. But there are lots with very good LOD that don't do that. Allover I am happy with my bargain. Havent even unpacked all of it yet.

This is the store in the MP

Beneath the Oak

and this is the autumn version of Dreamy Sunshine (the summer one)

I was in the inworld store. There you can rezz different scenes and look at them closely (mind the LOD!)

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Neither! - As I mentioned above in this thread I bought lots of gardens in a sale at "Two moon gardens"

I dissassemble these gardens in a sandbox, pick up the flowers and trees and fences and furniture and use them to create my own garden with it. The different gardens have names "Dreamy sunshine" is one of these gardens the one in fact with trhe white fences you see in the linked picture (and "Beneath the Oak" is another garden) .

Some of the plants have awfull LOD. They dissemble in 2 or 3 meters distance. But there are lots with very good LOD that don't do that. Allover I am happy with my bargain. Havent even unpacked all of it yet.

This is the store in the MP

Beneath the Oak

and this is the autumn version of Dreamy Sunshine (the summer one)

I was in the inworld store. There you can rezz different scenes and look at them closely (mind the LOD!)

Ahhh, gotcha.  Thanks