Our garden, indoor flowers and all related - share ideas and inspiration

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ooo, so exited! /me claps hands

Thank you for a new forum!

I wanted this separated in its own thread, it is easier to go in dedicated threads and not a mix. I thought we could have more threads, like an interior thread, and an add-on thread when we can get in and get a house. For all stuff we talk about doing to the houses and houseboats.

Yes, houseboats can have their own potted gardens. :)

• Like 4

So let me start by a few thoughts. Out LI is limited, should we post only low LI items?

I mean we should not. If we want to use all our LI in the garden, we can. But it is nice if we post the LI number. It is up to you to inspect the things and look up the LI and price.

Should we post only freebies? Of course not.

Promotion? I don't make things, I buy it, so all I post will be things I bought or got as a freebie like all others. I think LL should come in and say so if the thread goes in the wrong direction.

So I start with freebies. What Next has group gifts. They are close to the landing point, in its own build. Some of it has a nice, low LI. https://secondlife.com/destination/-what-next-

Freebie to the right, hanging pot, ordinary price, to the left. Both 2 LI each, change flower colors and container colors by HUD.

894832682_wnflowers_001.png.e6aca150e079fb9205122d9d9feeee14.png

Simply Shelby is smart to keep an eye on. She is often participating in 25 LI Tuesdays, and if you are lucky, she set out whole garden items like flower beds and groups. If you are on Flickr, keep and eye on the group: https://www.flickr.com/groups/25lt/pool/ you need to be logged in to see it. 25 LI Tuesdays have their inworld group too. That is only up for one day. She has a section of freebies too.

Example: This Hummingbird garden is 8 LI and it is not bad for a large, mod and copy flowerbed. (Was not on sale, but reasonable prices) You can also edit it so you have all the pieces and can build your own.

196553189_wnflowers_002.png.c4f4dba313a881db188b6ff1e35a78db.png

I took the images in small size, what you see is what you get on an off-shelf laptop.

• Like 6

I should stop now and don't post so much. I have missed a thread like this.

Landscaping by Felix is one of my go-to garden shops. He has some ground covers that can be stretched to 64 x 64 and is still 1 LI and walkable. They are good to use if you have sand ground and want grass. You can texture it with your own texture too. Plus that he has some 1 LI  items on the MP, and you can buy the free ground covers there too. This LM lands you right on top of one of the free ones, and a darker cover next to it. Freebies. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Landscaping by Felix01/41/239/22

Plus that his plants look good, and some of them is really big for 1 LI. Especially the newer ones. Check this hollyhock. Even the large, peach colored in front of me is 1 LI.

wn flowers_006.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I went there and grabbed the free groundcover.

But beware it is dangerous ground!

I clicked a few things to see how much they are and wooosh - I had bought them! image.png.33fb5a2e5095a171b66f416427d3d81a.png

I didn't try clicking on any of the boxes but I was curious just HOW this can happen as I have had folks "buy things by mistake" from my very simple old style prim vendors (like some of these were) -- mostly only at the Hop and Shop. Like most retailers I do not refund on copy items but I don't want folks to get things they don't want either. 

There were NO issues for me with my settings and I could see the prices easily on mouseover. 

image.png.b32d12ae0a42b35c7023658b8791e48f.png

Also if one chooses you can set an alert (in FS anyway) to warn you if you are buying something over a certain price (like $0) which would stop that problem.  Again, I didn't want to "test" LOL, but some ideas for some folks if they run into this.

image.png.61ebf2b51d46bc44c6f366f4395dd402.png

6 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I thought she meant after checking the price it was too good not to buy it. Not that there was an actual problem with the vendor. :)

Maybe so LOL.  But it is still a mystery to me how folks can "buy something by mistake" :D.  So any hints on that would be appreciated. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
deleted the tree picture which mysteriously appeared

I don't use Firestorm but Singularity.

And I'm sure it was all MY mistake. I did not klick on boxes but on the objects and I wanted to take snapshots of object and price so while the window with "Do you want to buy x for y L$ ?" was still open, I meant to click on my photo- gear i- nstead suddenly I had bought the item. Anyway I don't mind - now I have another pool (or rather stone- tub) to add my animations to and a bunsh of flowers can't hurt once I have my little garden. ..

But on the whole I will not have to buy plants and rocks and such stuff. I am in SL since 2007 and have lots of things in my inventory - including parts of skyboxes and houses I dissassembled. Only problem might be the prims or LI,  for most of these items are rather old and its's only nowadays people produce whole kitchens or gardens using just one prim.

I am just testing lots of stuff in a sandbox - or rather my alts do - they have UGE inventories aswell ;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

So I start with freebies. What Next has group gifts. They are close to the landing point, in its own build. Some of it has a nice, low LI. https://secondlife.com/destination/-what-next-

I absolutely agree that those {what next} window boxes are super. But it should be noted that the group join fee is $250 so not really "free" (from my point of view anyway). There are plenty of nice gifts in the gift hut though.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chic Aeon said:

I absolutely agree that those {what next} window boxes are super. But it should be noted that the group join fee is $250 so not really "free" (from my point of view anyway). There are plenty of nice gifts in the gift hut though.  

That $250 join is a bargain! There are so many gifts and so well made, plus Winter sends out new gifts often.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Oh no! That was a lot. I didn't pay... did I? I think the group was free to join when it was new. I have been a member there as long as I can remember.

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Oh no! That was a lot. I didn't pay... did I? I think the group was free to join when it was new. I have been a member there as long as I can remember.

When you mentioned the window boxes I went there joined and took ALL the GGs - quite a bargain for 250 L$ I thought.

16 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

That is the fee NOW;  I just checked. And there has been a fee (maybe smaller) for a decade or so. I remember LONG LONG LONG ago when it switched from zero. But it certainly could have been free at some time and may periodically become free for a short while. It has been a paid group though for many years. 

Agree it is a great bargain (I blog for {what next} so not a group member) and I love those window boxes. I have them on a garden shed and they look super cute.  

Just the blogger in me who always checks group gift costs (needed for some Flickr groups) before posting :D.   

13 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

The {what next} summer flower box group gift looks great on my house. Beware though -- in order for the size to look correct the box turns to 6 land impact.  I am leaving it (just one) for now though. Perks up the corner :D.

Here's mine sized up minimally to 4 LI.

1070538891_windowboxes.thumb.jpg.338d071729b183afc7eda5b52c1356d5.jpg

• Like 3

Yes saw that in your other photo. Different house. Different window size apparently :D  

Same house? I think so.  

EDIT: Got mine down to 5. Don't like the look with it smaller LOL.  Five will do. 

Edited by Chic Aeon

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Yes saw that in your other photo. Different house. Different window size apparently :D  

Same house? I think so.  

EDIT: Got mine down to 5. Don't like the look with it smaller LOL.  Five will do. 

Same house. Same size windows I think. But I put mine on the two in front rather than the one in the stairwell. I think having two together makes the smaller size not noticeable. I'm going to put a hedge under the stairwell window. 

14 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Same house. Same size windows I think. But I put mine on the two in front rather than the one in the stairwell. I think having two together makes the smaller size not noticeable. I'm going to put a hedge under the stairwell window. 

Yes, figured it was the same VERY POPULAR house LOL.  I decided to go for a more beach bohemian look  so window box is gone now. Really nice though!  Got my front porch finished and that is most of today's fun as I have things to do  :D.  May venture back this eve. 

For those that weren't around when mesh wasn't either --- my 28 "prim" covered porch with widow's walk trim came in at 9 with really long LODs. We sometimes forget how HARD it was to DECORATE long ago LOL.   

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.