Buying a full sim

dimplez4life187

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

If that's really what you want to do, you read in the Knowledge Base first, starting here >>>

However, you may find it smarter to buy a region from another SL resident.  You could get a better price, and you could also inherit some landscaping and even some transferable assets.  Take a look at the Land forums to see what's available.

• Thanks 1

dimplez,

While you certainly CAN buy a whole region...either direct from LL, or from another resident as Rolig suggests, I strongly recommend that you NOT do that until you have a thorough understanding of virtual land and how it works.  How to buy it, sell it, rent it.  How to adjust the land settings for privacy.  How to terraform.  How to control music and media settings.  How to judge the performance of the region, and how to re-start it when necessary.  Understanding the costs involved...the initial purchase, the monthly upkeep, and fees for various things like re-naming a region or moving it to another spot on the grid. 

Start small.  Get a Premium membership and get a free Linden Home, or buy a small Mainland parcel.  Or lease a parcel on a private estate, which doesn't require a Premium membership.

Note:  If you are a member of a RL educational or non-profit organization, you may qualify for a 50% educational discount.

If you already know all of the above and have some experience with land, then ignore my advice and forge ahead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its pretty easy, and given the current prices, I do think buying direct from LL is the best deal. Youll get it instantly, plus you get to name and place it wherever you want.

You'll start by going to https://land.secondlife.com/en-US/private-regions.php

If you have any questions along the way, Feel free to contact me in world, Ill be glad to help :)

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2019 at 3:48 PM, dimplez4life187 said:

I want to know how do I buy a full Sim(30,000 prim) from linden lab

In case you didn't know: A full private sim is 20,000 LI/prim. It can be upgraded to 30,000 by paying an additional $30/month. In my case I bought the region, then submitted a support ticket to add the 30,000 option. It may be possible to do both at once now.

• Thanks 2

Depending on your needs, don't forget to evaluate the option of buying a full mainland region and paying LL teir.

Last time I ran the numbers (and it was a while ago, so please do your own spreadsheet), Linden mainland was the cheapest option initially & over the long term.

Strongly advise you take your time and work out exactly what your goals are.

• Like 1

Coffee may be right; monthly tier on a Mainland region is $175 these days.  The lowest possible monthly cost of a private region is $195, and that is for a standard region with 20,000 prims, and the lower "grandfathered" monthly rate.  You can get a grandfathered region only by buying an existing one from another resident, and paying a one time fee of $600 to transfer the grandfathered pricing to the new owner.  Then you'd have to pay the additional $30 per month fee to get the 30,000 bonus prim level.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.