Can you undo derendering?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yesterday I was  i  this  place setting up to take  a picture,  I  was  temporarily derendering the items on a counter. In the process i inadvertently derendered the counter and the whole building. Now  I know  I can log  off andlog back on, and  everything that was temporarily derendered would be back,but then I have to start over with all the items   I had derendered  already. I am wondering is  there a way to get one derendered item to render again without affecting all the others,  or is  the only solution to start over?

as far as i know the Lab viewer has no way of derendering objects. Blocking, as it is in the Lab's viewer doesn't make objects disappear from view like Firestorm's "Derender" or "Derender & Blacklist" selections. as to the objects reappearing on a timed basis (i'm assuming using only the "Derender" selection) i've never encountered that. you'd probably be better suited to tp away and returning. any of the "Derender"ed objects will reappear. not so with the "Derender & Blacklist"ed items. those will never return unless you remove them from the Asset Blacklist. 

12 hours ago, EnCore Mayne said:

as far as i know the Lab viewer has no way of derendering objects. Blocking, as it is in the Lab's viewer doesn't make objects disappear from view like Firestorm's "Derender" or "Derender & Blacklist" selections. as to the objects reappearing on a timed basis (i'm assuming using only the "Derender" selection) i've never encountered that. you'd probably be better suited to tp away and returning. any of the "Derender"ed objects will reappear. not so with the "Derender & Blacklist"ed items. those will never return unless you remove them from the Asset Blacklist. 

You're right. It seems derendering is only on TPVs (Catznip also has it and if I remember correctly: so does Kokua). I just tested the LL viewer on Office Mac and no way to derender stuff. But I suppose that makes sense because derendering only hides the visual - it can still block movement, etc.

And I forgot how much I *LOVE* the official LL viewer and holy smokes, Batman (read OMFG!!!) the performance of LL viewer on the new 2019 Mac Mini (at office) is fekking AH MAZE EENG. Dammit LL, I need RLV for my CTS Wardrobe, if not for that I'd be using you all the time because TPVs ain't always all that. Well, choosing where incoming objects and things go into inventory ad-hoc is a feature I need, too.

Edited by Alyona Su

Alonya, you can ALWAYS choose where to put unpacked objects in your inventory, if you use the manual method of unpacking and drag selected items from the box to a specific inventory folder.

(Exception:  Those darn boxes that auto-unpack as soon as you rez them.  But they create their own top level folder, so it's not hard to find and move them.)

43 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Alonya, you can ALWAYS choose where to put unpacked objects in your inventory, if you use the manual method of unpacking and drag selected items from the box to a specific inventory folder.

(Exception:  Those darn boxes that auto-unpack as soon as you rez them.  But they create their own top level folder, so it's not hard to find and move them.)

Yes, yes, I know. :) Which is why that feature is just a Lazy-dazy" feature. :) the CTS Wardrobe... that is hard to let go of but after seeing the performance of the current LL Viewer on the office Mac Mini... ~Shakes her head in nervous indecision, lip-biting, beads-of-sweat-on-forehead~ 

I mean, I've given most of the Firestorm "features" long ago (though Catznip has most of them, still) - but..., but...  LOL Seriously, the official LL Viewer *is* a darned good viewer in its own right.

OH - and auto-unpack boxes? I cancel the menu and still go through the manual process (unless I'm in Catznip then they go into the boxed-folder by themselves). :D

Edited by Alyona Su

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.