A sim owner/content creator is being a jerk and accusing me of using alts when it isn't even true at all.

Axel UwU

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1839 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Axelfoxthefoxyfluff said:

A sim owner has been accusing me of using alts when it isn't even true and has accused me of stuff that isn't even true.

Drama - some people in SL are really good at it.  The absolute best course of action is exactly what Cindy said:  Mute the person, ignore them, and go on with your SLife.  Sometimes it is also a good idea to avoid places where people like that hang out.

Side note - there is absolutely nothing you can actually do about anything someone else says in SL.  It is not a TOS violation to trash talk another avatar or accuse them of anything.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I once got accused of being a Canadian male bodybuilder called Alistair in RL.* I wondered if there was anything I could do about it, but couldn't come up with anything. Then the accuser gave me a d**k pic and it all kind of went (even further) downhill from there. 

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, etc etc etc. Also a mute and block function in good working order. 

*As in, the person accused me of being, in RL, Alistair the Canadian male bodybuilder. Not that anyone in RL has ever accused me of being a Canadian male bodybuilder called Alistair. I wish they had.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Drama - some people in SL are really good at it.  The absolute best course of action is exactly what Cindy said:  Mute the person, ignore them, and go on with your SLife.  Sometimes it is also a good idea to avoid places where people like that hang out.

Side note - there is absolutely nothing you can actually do about anything someone else says in SL.  It is not a TOS violation to trash talk another avatar or accuse them of anything.

Yeah. I'm not used to that stuff at all. I live in Hawai'i and people where i live seem more asian in how they act and such,compared to most other places i been.

Edited by Axelfoxthefoxyfluff
  • Like 1

Axel...I wonder why you specified that your accuser is "a sim owner".

If they own a sim you visit often...go somewhere else!

If they own a sim you are renting land on...same deal.

Landowners in SL have tremendous power over their own land and the people on it.  You can't fight it...so go elsewhere.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Landowners in SL have tremendous power over their own land and the people on it.  You can't fight it...so go elsewhere.

And honestly, folks are paying huge sums of money to pair tier on those sims and the SHOULD have some right IMO.   

As has been said --- move on.   If YOU want the power, then pay the price and get your own sim. There's an answer there. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I cringe every time I see someone post this. Mostly because if I could afford a region, I'd damn sure have one. Regions aren't inexpensive.

Yeah, the cost of a region is like 349. Not everyone can afford that. I own a 1024 sq m on the sl mainland which i can afford.

Edited by Axelfoxthefoxyfluff
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I cringe every time I see someone post this. Mostly because if I could afford a region, I'd damn sure have one. Regions aren't inexpensive.

I feel the same about people who live in homes with terraces overlooking lakes. They don’t like it when I spend time on their terrace uninvited, but if I could afford a terrace overlooking a lake I would damn sure buy one. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

And that is why people who do spend that much on their own sim get to make up their own rules for that sim.

And its not just the cost, its the "ownership". If you have a cheap small home plot where you live in SL, and I visit your home, you would set the rules. If I misbehave in your home, you will kick me out. Even if you just don't like me at all, you would probably eject me from your home. Same with owning a sim, its just a bit bigger and more expensive.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

So bear with me on this.  How much real money are we talking per month for a Region?

And a supplementary question.....who pays for the Forum Hangout?

As a newish individual here, things like who owns/rents the scenery and land doesn't even compute in the beginning. Stuff like this slowly emerges from conversations and posts. 

Edited by BelindaN

22 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

So bear with me on this.  How much real money are we talking per month for a Region?

As a newish individual here, things like who owns/rents the scenery and land doesn't even compute in the beginning. Stuff like this slowly emerges from conversations and posts. 

Private Region prices can be found right here.

For those averse to hitting links: The setup fee (for a normal, full region) is $349 without any added/applicable taxes while the monthly maintenance fee is barely any cheaper at $249 ...

So yeah, if you can afford one/justify the expense of having one ..... Congrats.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

:goes glassy-eyed at the thought of owning a full region and all the things she could do with it.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BelindaN said:

1.  The initial purchase price is $349 USD, if you buy direct from LL.  You may be able to save some money by buying an existing region from another Resident.  The ongoing land fee is $249 USD per month, except for "grandfathered" regions at $195 per month.

2.  I do, among other people.  Those of us who can donate spare tier to The Forum Cartel group to pay for the Hangout's land.  (Spare tier explained:  Say I own a piece of land that is 1,536 sq. m.  That puts me into the 2048 tier bracket, so I pay $7 per month (after my 1024 free land bonus).  But I don't own all 2048 that I'm entitled to.  So, I can donate up to 512 sq. m. to a group.)

3.  I keep tellin' ya, come take my classes at Caledon Oxbridge University.  I Can Make You Smarter!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I once got accused of being a Canadian male bodybuilder called Alistair in RL.* I wondered if there was anything I could do about it, but couldn't come up with anything. Then the accuser gave me a d**k pic and it all kind of went (even further) downhill from there. 

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, etc etc etc. Also a mute and block function in good working order. 

*As in, the person accused me of being, in RL, Alistair the Canadian male bodybuilder. Not that anyone in RL has ever accused me of being a Canadian male bodybuilder called Alistair. I wish they had.

you can tell this person that you are  Alistair online anime game :P

XqpHj3Dkm-0.jpg

7 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

And that is why people who do spend that much on their own sim get to make up their own rules for that sim.

And its not just the cost, its the "ownership". If you have a cheap small home plot where you live in SL, and I visit your home, you would set the rules. If I misbehave in your home, you will kick me out. Even if you just don't like me at all, you would probably eject me from your home. Same with owning a sim, its just a bit bigger and more expensive.

784d359f1b90e26e1ba4e606b2356701.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1839 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.