Auto attach and AVsitter experience?

Abby Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, i have an auto attach script that would attach to me when the object is rezzed.

Unfortunately, i don't know anything about scripting, but i would like it to work with the AVsitter experience, so it doesn't ask permission every time when attaching. I have the AVsitter experience enabled on my land, but when i edit the script inside the object it won't let me select the AVsitter experience for some reason.

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llRequestPermissions( llGetOwner(), PERMISSION_ATTACH );
    }

run_time_permissions( integer alota )
    {
        if( alota & PERMISSION_ATTACH )
        {
            //Here "ATTACH_CHEST" you can change this to get Different locations to Attach Objects!!
            llAttachToAvatar(ATTACH_CHEST);
        }
        else
        {
            //Script will say this if You denied permission to attach//
            llOwnerSay( "No Permission to attach" );
        }
    }

on_rez(integer rez)
    {
        if(!llGetAttached())
        { //Reset the script if it's not attached.
            llResetScript();
        }
    }

attach(key AvatarKey)
    {
        if(AvatarKey)
        {//Event is called on both attach and detach, but Key is only valid on attach
            integer test = llGetAttached();

if (test) {

// You can change text inside "".
                llOwnerSay( "Object is attached" );

} else {

// You can change text inside "".
                llOwnerSay( "Object is not attached");
            }
        }
    }
}

Any ideas?

If I understand correctly, you want to compile your script in the AvSitter experience.  That's not going to be possible, because that's not the way Experiences work.  From the Knowledge Base:

Experience collaboration

To enable others besides the experience owner to create scripts for the experience, the owner can set a group in the experience profile. Anyone in that group with the Experience Contributor power can then create scripts for the experience.

I doubt that you have been given the role of Experience Contributor by the owner of the AvSitter Experience.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I doubt that you have been given the role of Experience Contributor by the owner of the AvSitter Experience.

Hmm no, not really. I thought it was that simple, since i've asked someone who had a "coffee machine" on their land, with auto-attach, and all they said was i need the AVsitter experience to make it work.

Oh well, nevermind... thanks anyway :)

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

There is an example in the avsitter plugins AVprop box   #5  Drinks dispenser

Cindy's right.  You can use AvSitter itself to attach a prop temporarily.  That's a different matter from compiling your own script in the AvSitter experience, which is why I prefaced my respinse by saying

2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

If I understand correctly, you want to compile your script in the AvSitter experience.  That's not going to be possible, because that's not the way Experiences work. 

I didn't know AVSitter could do all that. I want to make a table which gives attachments such as glasses and beer bottles to seated avis. One of my animesh NPCs will act as a waiter/waitress, take orders, and send messages to the table to deliver the appropriate props.

• Could I make a table product which included that capability and sell it?
  • Will this work with the AVsitter experience, or would the buyer of the table need their own experience? Not clear what survives ownership transfer.

Be sure and TEST WELL (I know you like to @animats ).  For a long while a couple of years ago some folks couldn't get the product to work (like me) on a mainland parcel. I would try and try to accept the avsitter experience but it wouldn't take -- possibly because I was renting. Because of that I gave up on the idea since it seemed like it would cause a BUNCH of support problems.   Of course if you are doing it only for yourself and have control, then hopefully it will work well. Just noting for others that there have been issues in the past.  

Study the on-line AvSitter manual, paying attention in particular to https://avsitter.github.io/avsitter2_prop.html , where you will find:

For automatic attachments to work, Users will need to enable the experience ‘AVsitter’ (created by Code Violet) on their land. An experience may be enabled at the Estate or Parcel level by adding it to the ‘Allowed Experiences’ list. For an excellent explanation, see this video by Froukje Hoorenbeek. Be sure to choose the experience created by Code Violet as anyone could have accidentally created an experience with the same name.

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Study the on-line AvSitter manual, paying attention in particular to https://avsitter.github.io/avsitter2_prop.html , where you will find:

For automatic attachments to work, Users will need to enable the experience ‘AVsitter’ (created by Code Violet) on their land. An experience may be enabled at the Estate or Parcel level by adding it to the ‘Allowed Experiences’ list. For an excellent explanation, see this video by Froukje Hoorenbeek. Be sure to choose the experience created by Code Violet as anyone could have accidentally created an experience with the same name.

There is also this.  If you are just using the free version and not the bought version, you could run into problems

Important: The packaged version of AVsitter (inworld updates and marketplace) includes the [AV]object script compiled with the AVsitter experience by Code Violet. If you compiled [AV]object from GitHub yourself, this section doesn’t apply, as the script won’t have the experience enabled.

2 hours ago, animats said:

I didn't know AVSitter could do all that. I want to make a table which gives attachments such as glasses and beer bottles to seated avis. One of my animesh NPCs will act as a waiter/waitress, take orders, and send messages to the table to deliver the appropriate props.

• Could I make a table product which included that capability and sell it?
  • Will this work with the AVsitter experience, or would the buyer of the table need their own experience? Not clear what survives ownership transfer.

You can absolutely do this. You just need to find a copy of the script that's been compiled to the AVsitter experience. The slightly tricky bit there, as Cindy points out, is that the version on GitHub is just source, not compiled, so cannot include any experience. At the same time, the version distributed in-world is full-perm and is compiled to the experience (although of course you can't change the code of that particular script because you can't compile to that experience). I'm not 100% clear on the licensing of that full-perm, experience-compiled script, so permissions notwithstanding, we'd need to establish that before you just grab a copy and start distributing it in a product.

This is only a potential concern because you're speaking of distributing the product afterwards. For folks who just want to use it, you almost certainly have the experience-enabled script in a product already in inventory somewhere, or it's very readily obtained. (I suspect it's also fine to distribute the compiled open source script full perm, but we'd need establish that according to the license terms.)

1 hour ago, Qie Niangao said:

I'm not 100% clear on the licensing of that full-perm, experience-compiled script, so permissions notwithstanding, we'd need to establish that before you just grab a copy and start distributing it in a product.

This is only a potential concern because you're speaking of distributing the product afterwards. For folks who just want to use it, you almost certainly have the experience-enabled script in a product already in inventory somewhere, or it's very readily obtained. (I suspect it's also fine to distribute the compiled open source script full perm, but we'd need establish that according to the license terms.)

It was made open sources mid 2017. The inworld purchase is token funding for the creators of AVsitter. It has no retrictions other than stating one used AVsitter.

1 hour ago, steph Arnott said:

It was made open sources mid 2017. The inworld purchase is token funding for the creators of AVsitter. It has no retrictions other than stating one used AVsitter.

The Mozilla license applies to the source code, for sure, but I'm just not 100% sure it's also applied to the compiled [AV]object script that uses the AVsitter Experience permissions to temp-attach. Maybe.

18 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

The Mozilla license applies to the source code, for sure, but I'm just not 100% sure it's also applied to the compiled [AV]object script that uses the AVsitter Experience permissions to temp-attach. Maybe.

Not sure, but the 'Code Violet' has to be used in experience. Well it has to be set as owner is what i meant. If 'Code Violet' is not set as owner it will not work correctly.

Edited by steph Arnott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.