Magenta 567

Magenta567

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I hope someone can help, for some unknown reason I cant now edit my shape,  I click on my body. then click on Appearance, but edit my shape is not highlighted, it is there but when I click it nothing happens. Please, can anyone help?

8 minutes ago, Magenta567 said:

Hi, I hope someone can help, for some unknown reason I cant now edit my shape,  I click on my body. then click on Appearance, but edit my shape is not highlighted, it is there but when I click it nothing happens. Please, can anyone help?

Some shapes that you purchase are not editable. So if you recently changed your shape perhaps you're not using a no-mod one. 

As an aside, before I get into the main text of my response: it's very useful to us if - instead of your name - you put in the title of your post the issue that you're having (for example: "Can't edit shape"). We are all just residents like you, so this isn't an official support portal. We can already see your name right there at the side of your post, but we have no way of actually fixing your account for you, other than offering advice that experience tells us might/should work.

If you were able to edit that specific shape before, then you may simply need to relog (log out of Second Life and then back in again) and it might now be editable.

If you're wearing a shape that you haven't tried to edit before, check that it is modifiable. You should see the permissions listed after the shape name in your inventory. You will usually see only the permissions that an item doesn't have. For example: My Shape (no modify) (no transfer)

You can also check a shape's permissions by right-clicking it in your inventory and selecting 'properties'. Beneath the creator and owner names you'll see two sets of permissions: 'You can' and 'Next owner', as shown below:

2010512527_shapeproperties.PNG.0ef3ca02b2d637c2e1cea3ef2d0ec388.PNG

If 'You can' does not have a check/tick next to 'Modify' then you'll be unable to modify that shape at all. If it does have a check/tick against it, you may be having issues with your connection or your viewer or your inventory in general, and a relog might clear those issues. If it doesn't, next I'd suggest checking your connection to Second Life. Power cycle your router, and - if you're using a wireless connection - try wiring up to see if that fixes the problem. Finally, make sure you're in a quiet region that's not full of scripts and other avatars.

Edited by Skell Dagger

Glad you've found a solution :)You should still have been able to edit the shape that came with the Lara body, so I've no idea why that was causing you problems. Only the add-on mesh of the body itself is not editable; the shape should be fine. Regardless, usually a redelivery of the item (all mesh body part creators will have a redelivery terminal in their store) will give you a fresh copy that should work normally.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.