Stop Avatar Movement during shoot?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone, 

So I'm pretty new at this photography thing, and I have one issue that is just ANNOYING the ever loving crap out of me. Is there a way to stop my avatar from spinning around/moving anytime I try to edit or move an object during a shoot? 

It seems like I always have the perfect pose/angle and then I need to move one little prop in the background, then my avatar stands up and spins around to face the object ruining EVERYthing. So frustrating. 

43 minutes ago, RileyAdare said:

Hey everyone, 

So I'm pretty new at this photography thing, and I have one issue that is just ANNOYING the ever loving crap out of me. Is there a way to stop my avatar from spinning around/moving anytime I try to edit or move an object during a shoot? 

It seems like I always have the perfect pose/angle and then I need to move one little prop in the background, then my avatar stands up and spins around to face the object ruining EVERYthing. So frustrating. 

could it be you have the settings to pose your avatar during editing enabled?

(in firestorm in the middle of this tab in preferences)

e600bae658a81ab6f2a071d7a1c2eb44.png

• Like 1

I know this can be a real problem for me too.  There are a number of settings and debug settings I use to mitigate situations like this though.  

I have some of these settings in my Quick Preferences, as modifications to Debug settings:

• "FSResetCameraOnMovement" - I change this to FALSE.  
  • "AvatarRotateThresholdSlow" - I change this to 1.
  • "ClickOnAvatarKeepsCamera" - change to TRUE.

I have some other settings in Preferences that I normally keep all the time:

• "Turn avatar towards camera position on reset view" - unchecked
  • "Turn avatar towards a selected object" - unchecked

I enable Movelock, which maybe helps if someone bumps me.

And finally, if you happen to be using Firestorm, this option is built in under the top menu item "World/Photo and Video/Cameratools" on the first tab, "Cam Controls 1".  Clicking the eyeball with the downward arrow remembers your camera position exactly.  And clicking on the eyeball with the up-arrow puts your camera back into the position you saved, as long as you are within view distance of that spot.  

Cameratools.png

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.