Payments getting declined

Annielle Destiny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I had premium membership for years, using same debit card. Over the last half a year tho, at random the payments to LL get declined. I've had to update the billing info over and over (putting in same card) to mostly get it working again. But now for two days it keep declining. My bank says everything is fine, and the issue is on LL's end, or whoever handles the money transactions. But attempting to get this working myself, I tried using paypal instead, because paypal works just fine for me. Only that SL again, does not work properly with it. I have linked my bank account to my paypal account, like SL says I need to. I have followed the guide on SL website, on how to set up paypal for SL, and it still doesn't work...

Just FIY, my debit card worked just fine with SL few days ago when they billed me for my premium membership, and a few days after that for buying a few extra linden dollars. But now it doesn't. Anyone else have such issues, or any ideas how to sort it.

I'm to the point where I debate on maybe open a Skrill account too just to see if that will work...

14 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Annielle Destiny said:

i'm to the point where I debate on maybe open a Skrill account too just to see if that will work...

if you think that works for you,  try and see.

Fact is ... and asked/mentioned/answered at least a thousend times last years : debit cards and prepaids , even branded with the "big" names as Visa, Master, get declined at certain moment because most are NO official accepted payment method for SL and only usable in combination with a verified Paypal/Skrill. Why they work first and not later?....nobody knows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Annielle Destiny said:

I've been using this payment methood for all of my 12 years in SL tho....

from the billing info pages:

You may use the following payment methods with Second Life:

• Visa
  • American Express
  • MasterCard
  • Delta Online (non-U.S. Residents only)
  • JCB
  • Diners Club
  • Discover (U.S. Residents only)
  • Visa Electron (non-U.S. Residents only)
  • PayPal
  • Skrill

if you use or try to add one of these and it doesn't work first read the page

if your solution isn't there, call billing. ( or live chat if you'r premium)

The system was changed well over a year ago.  If you had a debit card that still worked at that time, it would keep working until it was time to renew or update its expiration date. At that point, the system would treat it as a new debit card -- and therefore not allowed.   You have been living on borrowed time for over a year.  Now it's time to get a real credit card, or use a PayPal or Skrill account.

Edited by Rolig Loon

1 hour ago, Ethan Paslong said:

Visa Electron (non-U.S. Residents only)

That's what I've always been using, and it worked just 3 days ago to purchased lindens, it worked also few days before that for my premium membership. But since it for whatever reason isn't working today or yesterday, despite my bank saying everything is fine, I tried all your guids on set up paypal, which also don't work.

3 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

The system was changed well over a year ago.

My card was renewed about half a year ago, and has worked just fine up until this weekend, and as mentioned, I tried using paypal too. Am also waiting for a reply on the ticket I submitted to LL

3 minutes ago, Annielle Destiny said:

That's what I've always been using,............... , I tried all your guids

Annielle.. you can keep debating here, thats fine to get your irritation levels down, but will solve nothing, you have to call billing/live chat, or wait your ticket outcome.
And it aren't my guides... those are by LL. The answers given here are all by residents like yourself.

• Like 1

Oki so a small update should anyone else have this same issue, using Skrill works, so when first and second normal payment options don't work for mysterious reasons, Skrill is good for an alternative solution when all other fails. Cuz apparently 2 different payment options isn't enough... You need 3 :P

49 minutes ago, Annielle Destiny said:

I recommend paypal too, but LL don't accept my paypal when I try using it... ;)

is your paypal verified ? because "just" adding a bankaccount doesn't verify it .. seeing you mention it's only a few days you tried to add that. Normally the verification will need a couple of days already, and mostly working days i think.

10 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

is your paypal verified ? because "just" adding a bankaccount doesn't verify it .. seeing you mention it's only a few days you tried to add that. Normally the verification will need a couple of days already, and mostly working days i think.

I dunno. I looked around for an option to verify it both on PayPal end and in my net bank but couldn’t find any such option

47 minutes ago, Annielle Destiny said:

I dunno. I looked around for an option to verify it both on PayPal end and in my net bank but couldn’t find any such option

in short, verify is done between paypal your bank/cc account, and you, action is made by Paypal on your request, you can''t start this by your bank.
If you didn't do that, your paypal is not verified, and by that, declined for payments by LL.

https://www.paypal.com/sm/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-verify-my-paypal-account-faq444

17 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

in short, verify is done between paypal your bank/cc account, and you, action is made by Paypal on your request, you can''t start this by your bank.
If you didn't do that, your paypal is not verified, and by that, declined for payments by LL.

https://www.paypal.com/sm/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-verify-my-paypal-account-faq444

Thank you! Have been unable to figure out how on earth to do that. Will try that and hopefully that should do the trick. :)

That link needs to be highlighted and put onto SL billing info page! Just saying

Yep, this worked! Thank you so much

Edited by Annielle Destiny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.